Print Thread
#44370 07/12/07 01:29 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
YAY, DJ is back with part 15.

Later that morning, though, she had caved and come ‘home’
Awww, I love that word - come home smile

He buried his face against her shoulder and held her for a few seconds in silence. She could feel his body trembling slightly and she awkwardly put her arms around him and patted him softly, her earlier irritation gone. “Clark? Are you okay? What’s wrong?”
He mumbled a muffled reply that she couldn’t really understand and her concern increased. She pulled away from him and used one hand to lift his face up. His eyes were glossy with unshed tears. “Talk to me, Clark. Are you in pain? Did something happen?”

“Can I just hold you for a minute?” he pleaded quietly.
drool

An idea came to Clark and he began to make a mental checklist of what he wanted to do as he went over to his shower and turned on the water.
I hope you come back soon with the next part!

As always, I'm enjoying your story and it's another lovely part!

Barbara

#44371 07/12/07 04:48 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
They sat for a few moments just holding one another, rocking gently from side to side. Lois snuggled against him a little closer, slipping her mouth up next to his ear. “I love you, Clark Kent,” she whispered.

Clark stilled his movements abruptly at the words. It was amazing how hearing those words could make him feel. She had spoken of love in his parent’s kitchen that night of the storm, but he hadn’t let himself believe it then, not completely. And they had flirted and teased and hinted at love since then. But now she was telling him again – saying those words to a man who was weak and broken, who didn’t know if he would ever be the man he had once been.

And she was still saying them.

And he believed her. This wasn’t about her feelings for Superman or her rejection of him that day in the park. This was about here and now. They had both made mistakes and done things they wished they could take back, but none of that mattered now. She was all that mattered to him now. “And I love you, Lois Lane,” he whispered back, holding her tighter.
aaaaaawwwww - that is soooo sweet *sigh* /me melting in a puddle

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#44372 07/12/07 04:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
party Woohooo! I'll be back! I'm on my way to my first test!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44373 07/12/07 05:58 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm not gone yet!! and all ready to read part 15 laugh !!

“That’s just it,” he said, his voice full of frustration, “I should have been able to help. If I had been Superman, I could have saved her, Lois. She... she wouldn’t have died.”
poor Clark. He must feel so sad.

You were right to go to Dr. Klein like you did to try to help me.
YES!! Ooh I'm so glad he realises that.
You know.. I'm glad they talked and not fought!!
“Dr. Klein won’t do that. He’s not like that.”
I always liked Dr.Klein so I have to agree with her. He's nice smile
It was so sweet of Lois to say that she understood him for being scared.
“No more lies. No more half-truths or keeping secrets from each other.”
I really think this is the best promess you can make laugh !!
An idea came to Clark and he began to make a mental checklist of what he wanted to do as he went over to his shower and turned on the water.
I'm so glad that this part had a happy ending. Makes it a little easier not to be able to read the next couple of chapters. I'll be looking farward to it, and I'll see you in three weeks. (..and don't you dare post the last part before I get back!! goofy )

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#44374 07/12/07 07:27 AM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Can't wait to find out what Clark wants to do! wink

#44375 07/12/07 07:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Sorry I missed a few parts, there... getting back to my routine was nothing if not complicated!

If memory serves, this is the part I was checking out while I was stuck at the airport in Chicago when I missed my flight back to Montreal. I will always have fond memories of that -- this part of the story, I mean. Not being stuck for 4 hours all by myself in an airport. *lol*

Ahhh! shoot! And now I remember something else! You made me cry in public with that part - you evil woman! Darn it. I'm likely to cry again now as I'm reading it again, you realize. Going to go close the door to my office...!

“That’s just it,” he said, his voice full of frustration, “I should have been able to help. If I had been Superman, I could have saved her, Lois. She... she wouldn’t have died.”
Right here is where it started getting hard to read... I was sitting with my laptop and there was a guy sitting smack in front of me and he kept eyeing me like I was crazy or something. *shrugs* I'm pretty sure he would have shed a few tears too, if he'd been reading what I was reading!!

But now she was telling him again – saying those words to a man who was weak and broken, who didn’t know if he would ever be the man he had once been.
*sniffles* He has to be OK again. Pleeeeeeeeeease!!! *sniffles more* I miss Superman...

His smile came back and she could feel him relax just a little in her arms. “Oh, really? I managed to fool one of the city’s best reporter’s for almost a year.”

She pushed away from him, raising her eyebrows. “One of the best? And in who’s company would you put me?” she huffed.

Clark broke out into a full grin and she thought she almost heard a chuckle from his lips. “No one... well except maybe this one guy...” This time he did chuckle at the look of outrage on her face. “He’s this hack from Nowheresville who writes puff pieces and feel good stories; maybe you’ve heard of him?”

She smacked him lightly. “Yeah, maybe. There’s definitely more to him than I gave him credit for,” she said smiling.
Sorry to quote such a long part here, but I love that sooooo much! It's cute and fun and just really, really well written. thumbsup

mmm. *happy sigh* It's good to see them together again and not fighting. smile Thanks!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#44376 07/12/07 07:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it. It is about time they confessed their love. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#44377 07/12/07 07:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it. It is about time they confessed their love. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#44378 07/12/07 09:32 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ready for some angstwaff? It's a new crossbreed I've been working on...
Oooh. Sounds promising. Like a... puppy. It'd be like a superagressive supersweet puppy... Or something.

“Yeah. After what you said earlier, I didn’t think you’d feel comfortable with me here tonight, so I was going to get a hotel room and...” Lois broke off in shock when his arms went around her.
jawdrop I'm in shock too.

He mumbled a muffled reply that she couldn’t really understand and her concern increased. She pulled away from him and used one hand to lift his face up. His eyes were glossy with unshed tears. “Talk to me, Clark. Are you in pain? Did something happen?”

Aww! He is like a little angstwaff puppy!

Clark stilled his movements abruptly at the words. It was amazing how hearing those words could make him feel. She had spoken of love in his parent’s kitchen that night of the storm, but he hadn’t let himself believe it then, not completely. And they had flirted and teased and hinted at love since then. But now she was telling him again – saying those words to a man who was weak and broken, who didn’t know if he would ever be the man he had once been.
*sighs* what a great little section.

Can't wait to find out what it is! smile

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#44379 07/12/07 09:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I'm back. My test was...okay...I guess. First grad school test! Anyway... I absolutely loved this part. I'm glad that they finally made up and they now know how each other feels. It took them long enough!

Part of me wanted Lois to be gone when Clark got home, just to teach him a lesson and make him worry. Maybe he did worry when he came home earlier and she was not there. But, I'm glad that it worked out the way it did. I'm glad that he finally came to terms with the fact that he needs Dr. Klein's help and that he needs Lois...and that Lois needs him.

I get the feeling that things are about to get a little more intimate. Don't disappoint me DJ!

Now, what exactly does Clark Kent have in mind? I'll bet if he offered, Lois wouldn't move to a new apartment.

Now, you're not off the hook because you just rescued me from one cliff only to push me off the edge of another. Don't make us savages wait too long!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44380 07/12/07 09:50 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh! Part 15! I'm sorry I haven't been posting feedback on your other recent parts, DJ. I've been reading, but events in RL have been getting in the way of leaving FDK - time and motivation (not that your story shouldn't be motivation enough! wink ) are lacking when sucky things are going on.

Anyway, back to the wonderful, amazing story you're writing. I loved the angstwaff (and I think I like the term...), especially when Clark came back and just needed a hug. Awww!

I was trying hard to understand Lois' feelings here:

She would never let the man think that he had broken her; that she had nothing better to do than to wait for him. She hadn’t given Claude that satisfaction and she wouldn’t give it to anyone... not even Clark.
But having never been in that sort of situation, it was hard. However, I think that your description of her as broken at those times in her life sounds right - from what we know of the Paul and Claude situations, she was broken and it was partially the brokeness that created Mad Dog Lane... But I digress.

My favourite part was the ending:

Clark smiled broadly at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. “No, I’m sorry,” he hollered back, “fresh out of chocolate. I’ll put it on my grocery list.” He had high hopes that she would be spending more time over at his apartment, even after she got moved into her new place. It definitely wouldn’t hurt for him to have some chocolate around.

In fact...

What's Clark's idea? Oh, please tell me! grovel It obviously involves chocolate (and other things on the checklist) somehow... It sounds interesting... wink

Looking forward to Part 16! laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#44381 07/12/07 11:16 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes!!! Finally Babbles knocked some sense into Clark's thick skull!!!

Ah, but first things first...

She hadn't gone immediately to his apartment because, after all, she had meant what she had said – she wasn't some kind of pet that he could order around. Later that morning, though, she had caved and come "home'.
It's so sweet that she thinks of Clark's apartment as "home".

She would never let the man think that he had broken her; that she had nothing better to do than to wait for him. She hadn't given Claude that satisfaction and she wouldn't give it to anyone... not even Clark.
Good girl! I'm proud of you! Don't just sit around waiting for a man!

It had bolstered her confidence in herself to stretch her reporter's legs again.
Good!!!

Lois walked over to the couch and picked up her purse. She was headed for the stairs when she heard a key being inserted into the lock. Oh, god, he was home. She suddenly felt like she'd rather be anywhere but here. Why hadn't she left sooner?

Well, at least she was up on her feet with her purse on her arm and she didn't look like she had been sitting around waiting for him to come home.
Good! I like that she hadn't left when he came home, but I'm also glad that she looked like she was ready to leave! He shouldn't take her for granted.

( Voice of Reason: And she shouldn't take him for granted!

Ann: Hush! Leave!

Voice of Reason: <mutters> <grumbles> ...never been reasonable...

Ann: Out!)

We apologize for the short interruption. We are apparently suffering from some technical difficulties.

Lois climbed the stairs to meet him as he came through the front door. &#8220;Oh, hi, you did make it back,&#8221; she stated matter-of-factly. &#8220;I was just getting ready to leave you a note.&#8221;
Good, Lois. Matter-of-factly does it. And I like the note.

<noise> <screech!!!> <aaagh!!!> <strangles Voice of Reason off-screen>

He took his keys out of the door and looked up at her with tired eyes. &#8220;A note?&#8221; Lois was a little caught off guard by his appearance. The black slacks and navy shirt he was wearing looked dirty, there even appeared to be some dark stains on them. And there was a tear in his shirt.
Yes, well, Lois, he strode away from you with his cape billowing. He's coming back to you a little less high'n mighty, eh?

<muffled noises from the cellar>

We are apparently suffering from a few more technical glitches. Please ignore.

What had he been doing?

She started to ask him but decided if he wanted to tell her, he would. She cleared her throat. &#8220;Yeah. After what you said earlier, I didn't think you'd feel comfortable with me here tonight, so I was going to get a hotel room and...&#8221;
Good, Lois. No pleading or begging. Keep your cool and your dignity.

<muffled banging heard from beneath the floor>

<not that sort of banging>

Ladies and gentlemen, there will be a short intermession as we change studios here. Please accept our apologies.

Lois broke off in shock when his arms went around her.

He buried his face against her shoulder and held her for a few seconds in silence. She could feel his body trembling slightly and she awkwardly put her arms around him and patted him softly
*sniffle* That's right, Lois. Always remember that it is the men who really need us.

<angry blows on walls are heard from the cellar to the left>

<but they really sound muffled from this studio>

<let's ignore them then>

He mumbled a muffled reply that she couldn't really understand and her concern increased. She pulled away from him and used one hand to lift his face up. His eyes were glossy with unshed tears.
Aaaawwww!!!! Even I melt when he is crying and silently begging Lois to comfort him.

<banging from cellar to the left ceases momentarily>

&#8220;Can I just hold you for a minute?&#8221; he pleaded quietly.

She nodded and took him back into her arms. She stroked his back tenderly, running her fingers up and down in a soothing motion. After a few more seconds she disengaged from him and led him down the stairs to his couch. She encouraged him to sit down and then took one of his hands in hers.
*sniffle* Poor Clark.... smile1

Ann

#44382 07/12/07 11:17 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a bit short of time at the moment, but I just wanted you to know that this chapter was just wonderful. clap

I love that Clark finally decided that Lois wasn't entirely wrong in what she did-- and that Martha told Clark that he should listen to Lois.

I'm going out of town for vacation soon(Monday am) so I may not be here to give feedback, but I'll be looking forward to more when I get home.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#44383 07/12/07 11:17 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
sorry--double post

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
--Lab safety limrick--
#44384 07/12/07 11:20 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
make that triple post--my mouse is being cranky today.

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
--Lab safety limrick--
#44385 07/12/07 02:27 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ACK!!!

Just caught up with the story!!

WOW!!! I just absolutely love the premise!!!

Lois needs to hogtie Clark to a lawnchair and get that sun he so desperately needs!! The tiptoeing around each other with their feelings is perfect! Still so much uncertainty when they're showing their emotions around each other, yet when it counts, they come through for each other.

Great story!!!!

MissyG

#44386 07/12/07 04:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dizzy Okay, that was beyond the last thing I expected, but awwwwww. mecry Clearly we've gotten over the Dr. Klein stuff...

She was begging me to help her. And I tried. I did everything I could, used every ounce of strength I had, but I couldn’t get her out. So I sat with her and talked to her, trying to keep her conscious until the paramedics could get there.” Clark let out a shaky breath as he relived the moment.
I know it's no consolation, but he *did* help. She wasn't alone.

Angstwaff...I could get in tune with it!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#44387 07/12/07 07:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi there! wave

Barbara!

I didn't expect this kind of reaction of Clark - it overwhelmed me now...
Oh good, so glad to have caught you off guard. <g> And yes, it's nice to come home to someone who you can hold... or who can hold you...

[Hail] I can't get enough... wonderful description of a situation - it's so sweet
Awwww... thank you! Glad you liked it.

I hope you come back soon with the next part!

As always, I'm enjoying your story and it's another lovely part!
Awww, thanks again! I'm afraid that it will probably be Monday morning before I'm back. But I'll definitely see you then. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi lcfan4ever! I'm glad you liked that part. Melting puddles are always a good sign. <g> Thanks!

Hi Sheila! Okay, I'll look for you later. <g>

Hi Camy! Oh good, you got to see 15 before you left. Yes, I'll probably be posting part 16 on Monday, which is after you leave... sorry. I'm glad I was able to leave you on a happier ending for your trip. <g> And I'll look forward to your fdk and <hopefully> your enjoyment of the parts that you'll miss whiel you're gone. Have a lovely time.

Hi Angie!

Can't wait to find out what Clark wants to do! [Wink]
Hee hee. Glad that little teaser worked. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Lara! Hi there! I hope things are settling back down for you now. And I have to say, I get all giggly and tickled, thinking about you tearing up in the middle of the airport... awwww... I'm so glad it moved you that much. Ooooh, I'm so glad you enjoyed that part so much. Squeeee.... Thanks! And thanks for the high praise and additional fdk.

Hi Laura! Yes, I know... it's taken them quite long enough, hasn't it? Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Laura S - LOL at the "puppy". Hee hee. Ooooh, I'm so glad I could shock/surprise so many of you with Clark's reaction. Although I'm sure you understood his reaction once you realized what exactly was going on. Thanks for the fdk, Laura!

Hi Sheila! You're back! I'm glad your test when okay. Congratulations! I'm sure you did wonderfully.

I get the feeling that things are about to get a little more intimate. Don't disappoint me DJ!
Hee hee... well, I'll try my best... but do remember that we're in the PG folder. <g>

Now, you're not off the hook because you just rescued me from one cliff only to push me off the edge of another. Don't make us savages wait too long!
LOL! Well, I am sorry. I have company coming this weekend, so it's going to be Monday before part 16... hopefully that's not too long. Thanks Sheila!

Hi Anna!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting feedback on your other recent parts, DJ. I've been reading, but events in RL have been getting in the way of leaving FDK
Awwww... that's okay, Anna.... but I had missed you - btw - just so you know. <g> I'm sorry RL has been so difficult lately... but I'm glad you're still reading.

Anyway, back to the wonderful, amazing story you're writing. I loved the angstwaff (and I think I like the term...),
Awwwww! blush Thanks!

What's Clark's idea? Oh, please tell me! [Grovel] It obviously involves chocolate (and other things on the checklist) somehow... It sounds interesting... [Wink]
LOL! You'll find out eventually, I promise. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Ann... oh, Ann.... You seriously have no idea how much you've entertained me with your fdk. I mean seriously... it's long enought to be a story of it's own... WOW! Babbles gobbled it down like a chocolate milkshake and then immediately regretted eating it so fast... LOL. It was too fun! I laughed myself silly.
Your conversation with Reason and then with Spock!!! LOLS! Although Mr. Spock has altogether plenty of reason... I really don't think it kind of him to take yours too. Ha ha ha!

Babbles wants to know if she can have a piece of that concrete to keep as a keepsake... or if it has all together been beamed aboard the Enterprise. LOL. Too funny!

Love your references to Lost!Clark, NotHungry!Clark, and TakingAShower!Clark... oh and let's not forget GoingToBuyChocolate!Clark... LOL!!! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

There will definitely be, ahem, more interaction between him and Lois... although it may not be exactly what you're hoping for... at least not for a few more parts. <g> Thanks Ann!

Hi Vonceil! I'm glad you liked it. I will miss you while you're gone but I hope you have a wonderful time on vacation. I'm planning to post part 16 Monday morning, so that may mean you'll already be gone. If so, have a safe trip and we'll see you when you get back! Thanks!

Ooooh! A new reader! Hi Missy! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Thanks. And thank you for the fdk!

Hi Jen! Heh - glad I could catch you off guard. <g> And glad you liked it. And you're right... he did help, even if it wasn't as much as he wanted to. Glad you enjoyed the angstwaff. Thanks for the fdk, Jen!

Thanks so much everyone!!! I've got company coming in tomorrow (and all weekend) so I probably won't see you back till Monday morning. Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard