Print Thread
#44222 07/05/07 02:06 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wonderful part, DJ!

Very sweet of Lois to sing for Clark
Drunken Clark... lol
I wish I would have seen Martha's face when they asked something about her daughter-in-law laugh
I really hope he will propose again smile

Waiting for the next part! smile1

Babsi

#44223 07/05/07 03:06 AM
Columnist
Columnist
woohoo!! (just happy that you posted part 13!!)

Clark smiled and, feeling reckless, said, “Well, we could always sit in the chair together - you on my lap.”
aaaww laugh I just got such a sweet image in my head of them sharing a seat like that.

This and the teddy bear that you won for me
I always thought it was cute that she kept it ... and slept with it in ''Witness''!!

..and Clark is drunk goofy

they're going back to Metropolis now, oh I can just feel the angst coming!! I'm glad Clark is willing to see Dr. Klein this time, though!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#44224 07/05/07 03:44 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah! dance Back to Metropolis to see Dr. Klein! Finally!

Loved it and am so glad you posted. I'll be back when i'm done finding Reynolds number for my presentation on Friday!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44225 07/05/07 04:35 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Part 13!!! Yay! Okay, off to read.

The final waff before a little angst...
Nooo!!! Well... actually. I guess that's okay. I do like some good angst... makes the waff so much better in the end. drool

Clark smiled and, feeling reckless, said, “Well, we could always sit in the chair together - you on my lap.”
Clark, How scandalous! Hehe. Just kidding. Take him up on that offer, Lois! Make him squirm!

“Ack! Okay, you win!” she said, laughing. “I think I’d better get up while the gettin's good. I need to get ready for our date, anyway.”

“I think you already look beautiful.”
Aww! Clark you big flatterer. He's so cute.

Lois felt heat flash through her cheeks. “Thanks, but I brought a little something special with me.”

He cocked an eyebrow at her. “Oh really... what?” he asked, a million possibilities flashing through his mind. Not all of them plausible.
rotflol Oh my gosh. I love that line. Absolutely perfect.

“Well I think you’re appropriately dressed for pizza and beer.”

“As long as you’re satisfied,” he said playfully.
I think there are a couple different ways where she isn't satisfi--- Oh? Talking about outfits. Right. wink PG board.

Clark downed the rest of his second beer, enjoying the slight buzz he had gotten from it.
Ut oh. Clark with a buzz. Sounds like this has some pretty funny potential!

Clark clumsily dropped down to one knee in front of her. What was he doing? Her eyes widened as a thought came to her. No... No he wouldn’t!

“Lois Lane, will you marry me?”
AHHH! Clark! Stop that! Don't propose in a BAR. Jeez. Good thing that boy couldn't get drunk before now.

But what bothered him more is how he had gotten into his pajama pants.
We'd like to know the answer to that too. smile

Whew! Finally! They're going to go see Doctor Klein. This chapter was well worth the wait, DJ! I love stories where Clark gets a little tipsy. smile

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#44226 07/05/07 04:36 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
DJ, you're back!! razz

She didn't need to tell Clark about the hair – that had been a separate event and telling him about that right now would only spell trouble.
Yeah, I can see him blowing his top over that. razz

At least Clark and Lois are going back to Metropolis to see Dr. Klein! Yay! But the next chapter is going to be angsty, you say, DJ? Is Clark really sick, or will he just be furious because Lois wanted to help Dr. Klein find a cure for Kryptonite poisoning?

Ann

#44227 07/05/07 08:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She fidgeted, wringing her hands. “They uh... asked if your mom was going to have a umm... new... daughter-in-law.”
rotflol

Oh dear. Clark, we need to work on your tolerance level if you're going to be out of commission for a while. <g>

Clark getting drunk was way too funny. It reminds me of when my friend Eric proposed to me the night we did vodka shots at the Russian-themed party...

I smell drama in the distance...We're starting to get into half-truths about Dr. Klein. Some how I think he's going to blow the DNA secret when Clark gets his stitches examined.

How many days has it been since the accident? Should I be concerned that he's still normal?

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#44228 07/05/07 10:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable! Loved the drunken Clark, verry funny. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#44229 07/06/07 01:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Yay! I'm so glad everyone enjoyed this part. <g>

Hi Barbara! Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed drunken Clark. Hah - yes, I could just see Martha's face - lol. I think Lois subconsciously wants him to propose again too. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Camy! LOL - I get a woohoo, just for posting? Hee hee. Thanks. Me too - I always loved that she kept that bear. Yeah, there is some angst coming, but there's also some more waff too. Hopefully they'll balance one another out. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Sheila! Glad you loved it, thanks for the fdk and I'll look forward to seeing you again (since you said you'd be back laugh )

Hi Laura S! You know, I feel the same way when I'm reading, a little angst makes the waff even better. <g> Scandalous!Clark - LOL.

He cocked an eyebrow at her. “Oh really... what?” he asked, a million possibilities flashing through his mind. Not all of them plausible.

[Rotflol] Oh my gosh. I love that line. Absolutely perfect.
blush Awwwww, thanks! Glad you liked it.

And LOL - yes, we are on the PG boards. Ha ha ha.

AHHH! Clark! Stop that! Don't propose in a BAR. Jeez. Good thing that boy couldn't get drunk before now.
LOL - so true. Poor Clark. He's already mortified and will be again later.

Ooooh, you want to know how he got into his pajama pants? <g> That's mentioned a little later too. Tipsy!Clark - yes, I like him too. LOL. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Ann! Your favorite so far? Yippee! Awwww, all these sweet little kitties to keep me company - LOL.

Somehow I knew you'd think them sharing a chair would be a great idea. wink

Anyway, DJ, I really enjoyed seeing Clark get drunk here. Guess I'm sadistic that way.
<snort> Me too, I guess. It's not often that you have a normal non-powered Clark... where you can get him drunk. So, yeah, I thought it was pretty enjoyable myself. <g>

quote: “Clark, how many beers have you had?”

“Three...” He held up three fingers, wriggling them, and hesitated before continuing, “I think.”

I love that he uses his fingers to count! It's like asking a very small boy how old he is!
I'm so happy you picked *that* to quote because I really liked those couple of lines. I could totally see them in my head - LOL.

quote: She thought back to how ‘handsy’ Clark had been – not like himself at all. He had even suggested that *he* should help *her* get undressed.

Ahh, DJ, I love this. You knew I would, didn't you? [Big Grin]
goofy Yes, I figured you would. <g>

But the next chapter is going to be angsty, you say, DJ? Is Clark really sick, or will he just be furious because Lois wanted to help Dr. Klein find a cure for Kryptonite poisoning?
Hmmmm...

I'll take A for $500...
No B for $300....
No, I think maybe all of the above...
Or possibly none of the above???

<g>

Thanks for the fdk, Ann! <g>

Hi Jen! LOL - yes, poor guy, no tolerance level. Really!? You had a friend propose to you over vodka shots? LOL. Sorry, it's not funny but yet it is. <g>

Drama.... drama, drama, drama. <g> I love your hypothesis - now let's see if you got it right. <g>

How many days since the accident with Lex? Well he was in the hospital for one day. Then he came home for one day/night. Then he went to Smallville and was in Smallville for several days (undetermined - probably 3 or 4) before he wouldn't talk to Lois on the phone. Then it took Lois another day to get to Smallville. Then she spent a couple of days in Smallville. So it's been over a week - closer to a week and a half. In the series, we were never really told how long Clark went without his powers after being exposed in that Kryptonite cage. In GGGoH, he went without his powers for a few days - but it was his first encounter with it. I would imagine that even in the series, he went without his powers for a few days after being trapped in that cage... just because he was weakened for so long and encapsulated in that cage.

But a week and a half... does seem a little long, doesn't it?

Okay, maybe you can worry a little. angel-devil

Thanks for the fdk Jen!

Hi Laura! Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed drunken Clark. Thanks for the fdk!

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure when I'll get the next part out. I have a busy next few days. If I don't manage to get it posted by Sunday, I'll definitely have it posted Monday morning. How's that?

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#44230 07/06/07 05:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! drool

Next part Sunday... or Monday? thud /me repeats to herself: I'll be patient. I'll be patient. I'll be patient.

Andreia laugh

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#44231 07/06/07 07:20 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I really liked this part!

Drunken Clark was very amusing. I can't believe that he proposed! Too funny, especially his embarrassment the next morning. I wouldn't mind seeing more of drunk Clark, but knowing our farmboy as I do, he's probably learned his lesson and won't overdue it next time.

I'm glad that they are going back to Metropolis, and I'm looking forward to some angst. Call me crazy, but I think angst is good.

Can't wait for the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#44232 07/06/07 09:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry, it's not funny but yet it is. <g>
No, it really was funny LOL. If I recall, I said sure just to appease him (and we had a great big laugh the next day when I mentioned it to him), but the tone in his voice was so...blase that you can't help but grin at it.

A ha! I'm going to worry!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#44233 07/06/07 05:58 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll be back when i'm done finding Reynolds number for my presentation on Friday!
Okay, DJ I'm Back!

“Huh-uh. No way. Besides, we might get caught. Who knows when your parents might come walking in. I don’t want to get caught sitting on your lap engaging in...” she broke off and blushed. “It’s not like you’d be able to hear them coming.” Lois instantly regretted what she had said when she felt Clark’s arm tense around her shoulders. She bit her lip, wondering what to say. “Clark, I didn’t mean it like that. I just meant we’d be so...”

“It’s okay, Lois,” he said softly.

Lois leaned forward and turned her body to face him. “You know I don’t care, right? I don’t care if you have your powers or not?” She frowned. “Wait, that didn’t come out the way I meant. I mean, of course I’m concerned that your powers haven’t come back yet and I want you to be well, but...”

Clark cut her off by leaning forward to press his lips against hers in a soft kiss. He pulled away and noticed that her eyelids had slipped shut. He stroked her cheek with his thumb and her eyes fluttered open.
Finally, Clark understands that Lois really does love him and incidentally has found a way to stop her babbling. <sigh>

“Ack! Okay, you win!” she said, laughing. “I think I’d better get up while the gettin's good. I need to get ready for our date, anyway.”

“I think you already look beautiful.”

Lois felt heat flash through her cheeks. “Thanks, but I brought a little something special with me.”
Clark is sneaking in compliments and testing the waters...so to speak. It's easier to sneak in a compliment or two during their easy banter.

He heard a noise at the top of the stairs and looked up. Lois came walking down and the sight of her took his breath. She had on the burgundy floral country dress that she had gotten at the corn festival the last time they had come to Smallville. Her hair had big, soft curls woven into it and her face was fairly glowing. She was stunning.

“You look... amazing,” he said softly.

“Thanks,” she replied with a shy smile.

He got up from the couch and started to walk towards her. “I don’t think I told you before how great you look in that dress. I could hardly keep my eyes off of you the last time.” He gave her an appreciative glance. “I didn’t realize you had kept it.”
So sweet. The dress is almost a symbol of Lois's acceptance of the real Clark and figuratively where he comes from. The dress is simple yet has a subtle unique beaty...that's more of a perception of the beholder, just like Lois is to Clark.

Clark dazedly watched her make her way back to their table and sit down. He grinned widely at her. “You were great!”

“Was I?” she asked nervously. “I can’t believe I did that.”

“I can,” he assured her. The beautiful smile she flashed him caused his head to swim. “That’s the confident Lois Lane I know... and love...”

Lois realized that Clark was slurring his words a little bit, and he couldn’t seem to wipe that dopey grin off his face. Was he drunk? “Clark, how many beers have you had?”

“Three...” He held up three fingers, wriggling them, and hesitated before continuing, “I think.”

I like a drunk Clark. It somehow made him more...human and vulnearable. My brother refers to acohol as "liquid courage". We'll see that that is surely true of Cark.
“Come on,” she said, standing up and taking his hand. “I think we’d better get you back home.”

“Wait!” he protested. “There’s sumthin I need to ask ya first.”

“You can ask me when we get home,” she insisted, hoping to avoid any embarrassment before she could get him out to the car.

No such luck.

Clark clumsily dropped down to one knee in front of her. What was he doing? Her eyes widened as a thought came to her. No... No he wouldn’t!

“Lois Lane, will you marry me?”

He would.

There was a chorus of oooohs and awwwws from the tables nearest them and Lois let out a heavy sigh. “Come on, Clark. I don’t think this is the best time to be asking this.”

“Why not? I’ve dreamed of asking you for a long time,” he drawled.
Yep. There is that "liquid courage".

"...I took you home and uh... put you to bed,” she finished, her cheeks a little rosy.

“You dressed me?” He tugged on his pants experimentally and was relieved when he felt his boxers on underneath them.

“I helped. You passed out in the car. I got you to wake up enough to get you into the house, but your clothes... uh... needed to be changed. You got a little sick getting out of the car... and you weren’t really in any shape to dress yourself, so...”

“Do my parents know?” He could have died from embarrassment right then and there.
You don't know the half of it, Clark! evil
“What? What did they ask her?”

“Nothing.” She brushed away his inquiry. “It’s not important, but anyway they got to talking and...”

“No, Lois. What did they say?” he insisted, a little anxious about what her answer would be.

She fidgeted, wringing her hands. “They uh... asked if your mom was going to have a umm... new... daughter-in-law.”

Clark felt his mouth fall open. “What? Why would they ask that?”

Lois looked away, searching for something interesting on the wall to stare at - the floral curtains covering the window, an old picture hanging next to the dresser, the one corner of wallpaper that was trying to peel back from the wall - anything to avoid his gaze. “Because you proposed to me in the middle of the restaurant,” she answered quickly in a small voice.

“I what?” he exclaimed. “Oh my god.” He shook his head. “This is going to be all over town if it isn’t already.”

“It is,” she interjected.

“My poor parents!” He took Lois by the shoulders and gave her a quick hug. “Lois, I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine how embarrassed you must have been.”

“Well, it was a little more excitement for a first date than I had expected,” she said with a grin. “But don’t feel bad. You didn’t know alcohol would affect you like that.”

Clark looked chagrined. “I do now. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.”
Oh, Clark... I hope he's just saying that because he thinks that is what Lois wants to hear.
Lois raised an eyebrow mischievously. “What won’t? The getting drunk part or the proposal part?” she teased.

Rendering Clark speechless was something she always enjoyed. It gave her a sense of power, but especially now that she knew who she was teasing. She put her arms around his waist and gave him a little hug. “Don’t worry, Clark. I won’t hold you to it,” she kidded, squeezing him a little tighter.
I think that Lois is testing the waters here and is just laughing off her comment to avoid getting hurt.
“I’m sorry,” she continued doggedly. “I tried to tell you on the phone but you wouldn’t talk to me. I should have told you when I got here, but you were so... And I...” She sighed and let her shoulders drop. “I didn’t want to fight with you again. So I decided to just make sure you were out in the sun.”

She reached out hesitantly and touched his face, hoping he wouldn’t pull away from her. “Clark, we were out in the sun a lot yesterday, but instead of getting better, you got worse. You need *somebody* to look at you,” she insisted. “If it will make you feel better, I’ll get the Kryptonite back from Dr. Klein while we’re there and do whatever you want me to do with it. Okay?” Lois held her breath. She’d let him believe that for now – hopefully later he would see things differently.

Clark sighed and hung his head. He knew that he had put her in a tough position with the way he had acted about Klein. And he knew she was right - he needed to see someone. It might as well be Klein. Clark wouldn’t trust some other doctor any more than he would trust Klein. And besides that, he trusted Lois. “Okay. I guess we’d better go tell my parents that we're heading back to Metropolis.”
So finally...she told him and he agreed to go back to Metropolis. I think part of it is that Clark trusts Lois completely now. He's ready to listen.

Wonderful...wonderful! notworthy Now, hurry back with the next part!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44234 07/06/07 10:18 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
loved this part, especially drunk Clark. cant wait for the next, when you gunna post the next one dj, love sammie xXx

#44235 07/08/07 05:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, I think it will definitely be Monday morning before I post... sorry. Thanks for the additional fdk everyone!

Hi Andreia! Yay for you!!! Thanks for the fdk! Ha ha ha! I loved your drunken icon... too funny!

Why isn’t he getting better? Is there something else? -
Ummm... next question? laugh

Lois is staying at Clark’s place so, it must be… interesting. Hehehe… [Drool]
Heh - just wait. <g> Yes, next part Monday... sorry. Thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi Symbolic! Thanks! Glad you enjoyed drunken Clark. Yes, he probably learned his lesson... darn it.

Call me crazy, but I think angst is good.
Oooooh, me too. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi again, Jen. <g> Ahhhh, I've got you worried now. <giggle>

Hi again, Sheila!!

It's easier to sneak in a compliment or two during their easy banter.
Yes, I think you're right.

So sweet. The dress is almost a symbol of Lois's acceptance of the real Clark and figuratively where he comes from. The dress is simple yet has a subtle unique beaty...that's more of a perception of the beholder, just like Lois is to Clark.
Oooh, thank you for that. <g>

I think part of it is that Clark trusts Lois completely now.
You could be very right... but will she ruin it?

Thanks for the fdk Sheila!

Hi sammie! Thanks. Glad you loved it. I will be posting the next part tomorrow morning.

I'll see you all then! Thanks for all the fdk!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#44236 07/08/07 09:37 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
Heh - just wait. <g> Yes, next part Monday... sorry. Thanks so much for the fdk!
hmmm ... in Germany it's already almost monday [Linked Image] laugh

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#44237 07/09/07 02:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hmmm ... in Germany it's already almost monday
Hee hee hee... well it's definitely Monday, now. <g> And it's posted.

Thanks for the nudge. <g>

-- DJ

#44238 07/09/07 02:54 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hee hee hee... well it's definitely Monday, now. <g> And it's posted.
wohoo, I have to run and read the next part hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard