Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4418 07/14/03 08:33 PM
Tarkas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Very nice, daneel. The story could do with a little editing just to polish it up, but it's a very good piece of work as it stands. Well done.

The polishing I mention has mostly to do with the finer points of English idiom; I'm guessing, given your location, that English is not your native language and, if so, it only makes your work the more impressive. And there's not that much to do; give a decent BR/editor half an hour on this and it would shine even more than it does.

I do hope there's a sequel. I want to see Lucy deal with having Clark/Superman as her sister's boyfriend. wink

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I enjoyed this very much! smile I agree with Phil that it could do with a little polishing -- and I wouldn't mind it if you slowed down the pace just a little with some introspection here and there -- but you had lots of great insights in there.

You have a pretty strong sense of morals. I teased you about it when I admired it in Superman. That wasn't fair, and I'm sorry for it."
That's a great point, one that doesn't come up much.

"Ok, at first, I can't deny it was fun for a bit to see that the best reporter in town was fooled by a pair of glasses and some hair gel." Clark chuckled, "But later..." Clark frowned.
Another good point -- that he'd have enjoyed fooling her, at least a little bit smile Mostly we just focus on the second part, but the first was likely there, too.

And I love the way she goes through her three rules again, pointing out that she's broken the first two, repeatedly, so it's about time she breaks the third! goofy That's very cute.

"Clark, one of the motives that Perry partnered you with me was for teaching you the ropes,"
LOL! I don't think this was what Perry had in mind wink

And I loved that Lucy showed up, and her reaction! rotflol

Thanks, Cris, for persuading him not to trash this!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice, Jose! I just read both Mist stories, and think they are very sweet.

The idea of the three rules is wonderful, and Lois wanting to break that third rule is great.

And then Lucy - what a good revelation. I can just picture her shocked look. Poor girl, and she thought she could have a nice relaxed time at her sister's place. wink But it works great here.

And I have to agree with the others about polish it a bit. It's not disturbing, just some little things. I enjoyed reading it after all. smile1

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey!

Glad you finally posted this. One thing though, I thought you had someone else editing this, didn't you?

You already know I like this, so I won't say it again, in case you get too much of an ego boost!

Cris

PS.Btw, why did it take you so long to post this? peep

Cris
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cute story.

It's nice to see Lucy coming to the defense of her big sister. I get a kick out of it whenever Lucy seems to know more about Lois' love life than Lois does. Here she knows instantly that Lois could never truly have a relationship with Superman, so he must just be using her. Not a notion that ever popped into Lois' head when she was mooning over the Man of Steel.

Tank (who wonders if Lucy approves now, that she knows it's Clark)

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I wonder if Lucy can keep a secret, like Lois can. It would be an interesting sequel to see what Lucy does with the information and how Lois and Clark react to it.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great parts. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Very nice, Jose smile

"Well, the walls at my folk's house aren't too wide but..." he began to blush.
LOL! I am *very* glad I never had one of this experiences wink

Thanks, Cris, for making him post laugh .

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jose

A wonderful story! smile1
And the revelation is great. Poor Lucy!

Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad Cris made you post it. clap

Tricia cool

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Dittos to the others. I'm impressed, especially because this was a very creditable story, even though I'm quite sure that English is a second language for you. I can just see myself trying to write a story in Spanish (brrr!)

Nice work.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderful story
ditto others
merry

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lovely little vignette, Jose. Poignant and cute and very insightful.

I wouldn't worry too much about any problems here and there with English translations on phrasing - that's what Archive GEs are for; that final, last-minute polish. <g>

LabRat smile (yes that was a hint about sending it to the Archive...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I also enjoyed this story and having Lucy walk in was inspired. Of course, Clark in the shower would look like Superman wink

Kerth
Kerth
Wow!!! I never thought of this amount of FDK!! hyper

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard