Next Thread
Print Thread
#44026 06/28/07 03:04 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
[Linked Image] WEEEEE part 12 is up!!!!

My knee jerk reacti on?!?: AWWWWWWWWWW What wonderful WAFF [Linked Image]

Dr. Klein’s words rang through her head about Superman needing sunlight to recuperate. She hadn’t passed that information on to Clark yet, and she needed to. But how? How did she tell him without upsetting him? Especially now that they were getting along so much better.

She didn’t want to ruin things.
Does anyone think this logic sounds familiar?? Lois, Meet Clark.

Maybe she didn’t have to actually *tell* him just yet. After all, she was here where she could keep an eye on him, she reasoned as she leaned against the bed and pulled on her socks. She could get him out in the sun today and keep him out in it as much as possible. She bent over again and grabbed a fresh pair of jeans and a shirt out of her suitcase and threw them on.

That’s just what she intended to do.
I must admit, I love her logic. Now, if this were Clark thinking this about Lois we would shortly be expecting a visit from Atom Bomb Lane mad Will there be an Atom Bomb Kent or will Lois be able to talk to him and get him to see reason without the fireworks????

I love [Linked Image] the whole swiming in the pond thing!! Their discussion on his travels was very well done smile

Clark was grinning like the cat that ate the canary. “Yes, it was. And yes, I did make a brief stop through in China. I was on my way to Borneo to work as a journalist for the Borneo Gazette.”

“Borneo?” Lois searched her brain for the location but came up empty-handed.

“It’s an island off the coast of South East Asia,” Clark supplied. “I actually gave Perry a copy of one of the articles I wrote while I was there. He didn’t seem all that impressed.” Clark started rowing again since their boat had drifted to a stop.

Ah, yes. Lois remembered that day. When she had gone back into Perry’s office to argue with him some more about Samuel Platt and the messenger, he had been mumbled something about ‘amateur writers peddling puff pieces from the Borneo Gazette - this is the Daily Planet for crying out loud.’

Lois smiled. He had misjudged Clark almost as badly as she had. Fortunately, Perry was better at admitting mistakes. “What was the article about?”

Clark muttered something indistinct.

“Excuse me?” Lois asked. “I didn’t catch that.”

He sighed. “The mating rituals of the knob-tailed gecko,” he repeated just a smidgen louder.

Lois couldn’t stop herself and she giggled. In fact, it must have struck her funny bone because she couldn’t seem to stop.
OK, I know this was a long quote, but I just had to laugh and laugh [Linked Image] and then the water fight was so wonderful. <big sigh>

I'm looking forward to more grovel please.

Vonceil

PS--Still wishing a Tornado would blow through just to spice things up. wink
[Linked Image]
Just don't let it do TOOOO much damage
[Linked Image]
or Clark will start feeling all guilty--which he doesn't really need right now.

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmmmm, DJ, if Clark had dumped me in the water like that....

[Linked Image]

...I wouldn't have been in a very kissable mood!!!!

But Clark isn't the only one who is getting on my nerves here:

Dr. Klein's words rang through her head about Superman needing sunlight to recuperate. She hadn't passed that information on to Clark yet, and she needed to. But how? How did she tell him without upsetting him? Especially now that they were getting along so much better.
Upsetting him, up-schmetting him... Are you sure this isn't Whine, Whine, Whine, DJ? Or CL, CL, CL? (Cowardly Lois, Cowardly Lois, Cowardly Lois?)

Her mind wandered and she found herself daydreaming again about the kiss they had shared last night. The gentleness of his hands as they explored her back, the way he had lifted her up to sit her on the counter. She could still feel his lips where they had pressed against her. Lois opened her eyes, not realizing she had closed them, and felt a rush of warmth flow through her.

She didn't want to ruin things.
She didn't want to ruin things.
razz razz

Aaawww, their kissing in the water was so sweet. But, DJ, I'm irritated at both of them. Irritated at Clark for dumping Lois in the water (though I guess she liked it), and even more irritated at Lois for not telling Clark to stay in the sun!!!

Let's see where you are taking this. It will soon go downhill, you said. It doesn't surprise me, with Lois being a super-coward like that! Let's hope she redeems herself before this story is over!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I loved the lake scene. Very funny! I hope that she tells him about Dr. Klein soon, the longer she waits the worse it's going to be.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Top Banana
Top Banana
First of all I am estatic that you posted! party And well worth the wait it was. It was absolutely fabulous!

Now, Lois is just as bad as Clark was with not telling Clark that she went to see Dr. Klein. He is going to be...angry...when she tells him what she did. She of all people should know that there is no "Right" time to tell him. Just blurt it out and suffer the repercussions. Now, Lois sknows what it feels like to be afraid to tell someone something that you are pretty sure that they will get mad about, no matter how much you love them. Now she feels like Clark did when he was afraid that Lois would never let him hold her or never talk to him again. My how the tables have turned.

There is another story that I read where Lois and Clark make love for the first time in a lake. I really thought that they were going to make love before they realized what they were doing.

I wish Clark had told Lois that he is a virgin because I think that she thinks that he and Lana "met each others expectations" that night that they made out on the blanket and skinny dipped in the lake.

Lots of things to be cleared up!

But, do hurry back. I am really enjoying this story!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Columnist
Columnist
You get one big aaaawww from me for this part!! Because it was just aaaaw wink

Maybe she didn’t have to actually *tell* him just yet.
As long as he goes into the sun, it's fine by me goofy
But Clark isn't stupid I'm sure he's going to find out! But that isn't the reason why
we begin to slide back down the hill from here
is it??

“Yeah, you ought to go out and see them. Baby chicks are just adorable. They’re out in the barn,” Martha pointed in the general direction.
ooh I know how cute these baby chicks can be!! My grand-mother always has a couple in the beginning of the summer. And they're really so sweet. But they're olso a little crazy, running around. You can't catch them frown and... those little ones arn't being kept for the egs... but anyway they're just cute wink

And the lake scene was really wonderful. Their conversation and the water-fight!! laugh
Just why did he have to tell het about Lana?

Oh I loved this part. I know we'll have to wait a little bit longer fot the next one, but this part definitely makes up for that!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I hope there is more WAFF while he warms her up in the next part!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was waffy! I enjoyed every bit of it! Wonderful part DJ. Do you think there might be a little nfic there? Huh?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Thank you for all the fdk. I have no time to answer it right now, as I am getting ready to leave to go out of town with family for the weekend... but I promise I'll come back when I get back (either Sunday or Monday).

But for now - thank you so much and I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
im a bit disappointed there were no torandoes but the water scene was good.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww, what a lovely part and funny too. Just the way I like it. wink

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So far this is my favorite chapter. I loved the whole water scene. Just wonderful. Thank you. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
we begin to slide back down the hill from here.
Dude, that sounds sketchy...! Great part, you get an I-O-U on some better feedback next week after a wedding. laugh

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
/me sneaks out from semi-lurkdom

So I'm jumping in a little late, but better late than never, right? I've been inexplicably quiet around here lately, but I want you to know I've been hanging on and loving every word of this story, and I'll try to be better about leaving feedback.

This part was absolutely adorable. I loved the boat ride and the wrestle in the water. I get the feeling Lois is only making it worse by waiting to tell him, though. I'm a bit sad that things are going to "slide back down the hill," but I love drama and angst just as much as waff, so bring it on!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Features Writer
Features Writer
that was a very lovely part. The last part with the boat and the water made me laugh a lot.

Love your story!
Babsi

Top Banana
Top Banana
And part 12. Yes!

“But to answer your question,” Clark continued, “yes, I’d like to go out.”

Her stomach fluttered again at the words ‘go out’ and once more she felt like a lovestruck teenager. It made her break out into a goofy grin. “Did you just say ‘go out’?”

Clark’s face reddened. “Yeah, I guess I did. Well what would you call it when two consenting adults go to dinner together?”

“Sounds suspiciously like a date,” she teased.
rotflol That's such a cute and funny conversation! Aww, Clark's reverting back to high school lingo.

He blew out a breath of air. “My girlfriend in high school. She was...”

“You had a girlfriend?”
rotflol You had a life before you met me?!

Their motions were swaying the boat dangerously and before Lois knew what had happened, Clark had fallen into the water. She began howling with triumphant laughter... that is, until Clark grabbed the edge of the boat and dumped her into the water with him.
Ut oh! They're so cute together!

The adoration in his eyes was unmistakable and it made her swallow reflexively.
So sweet! I can picture that perfectly.

“Let me go grab the boat and get it secured and then we can head back to the house... and get you warmed up.”
I'm liking that idea Laurach had about conserving water in a hot shower... hmmm...?
wink

Anyway, those were some wonderfully waffy couple of chapters. This story just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for part 13!

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi everyone!!! drool

but I love drama and angst just as much as waff, so bring it on!
Oh good. I'll gladly do that. <g> The next part begins waffy and ends a little angsty... how's that? <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Barbara! Awwww, thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and it gave you a laugh. It's always nice to know that someone else gets a laugh from something I write (besides me - heh.)

Hi Laura S! Yay! You made it to part 13. <g> Heh - looks like you had some good laughs at this part.

I'm liking that idea Laurach had about conserving water in a hot shower... hmmm...?
LOL - well, hopefully you'll enjoy them getting warm together. <g>

This story just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for part 13!
Awwww, thank you so much! Look for it sometime between now and Wednesday morning??? I know that's vague, but I'm just not sure...

Thanks so much again everyone! The fdk was awesome and so wonderful to come home to. <big hug> sloppy

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard