Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Y'know, on the face of it, it makes sense that Clark would be hurt, confused and skittish at this moment in time that he would attack Lois like that, but I hate him for it anyway. Poor Lois!

*Slaps Clark*

Well, maybe she shouldn't have gone to Dr. Klein without waiting for Clark's consent, and that was bound to have repercussions and she needs to look before she leaps. But Clark's accusations were just so off-the-wall, it makes me furious! mad Just when you thought the two of them couldn't get any stupider.

Loving this story DJ! Please post the next part soon! dance

Btw, little nit-pick: I thought Lois' landlord's name was Mr. Trezuwski? (Witness)

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Btw, little nit-pick: I thought Lois' landlord's name was Mr. Trezuwski? (Witness)
He's the super-intendant. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Part six! Okay I have to make this pretty quick because I have to be somewhere in like 20 minutes, but I'm going to valiently try to get all my feedback in and then drive like a manwoman across town! ((edit. I failed miserably. In the middle of my feedback I realized I was late and had to high tail it out of there, lol. But I am back now to read the rest and finish this up!))

“First, how are you doing? Since I did come down here to check on you and not just to ‘interrogate’ you.” He looked at Lois as he said the last part and she had the decency to look chagrined.
Love Henderson/Lois's relationship

“As well as can be expected under the circumstances, I guess,” Clark told him chivalrously. Lois frowned. She knew he had to feel like crap. Why didn’t he just say so? Was it a macho thing, or a polite farm boy thing? Maybe it was just a ‘superhero’ thing?
Oh no, Lois. That is a complete MALE thing. :p

And not just *that* secret. Thank you for leaving out the part about the Kryptonite. I don’t think it would be safe for anyone to know that it really can hurt me – not even Henderson.”

She nodded, immediately feeling uncomfortable. Once Perry left she had planned to talk to Clark about Dr. Klein. But if what Clark had just said was any indicator, he wasn’t going to be in agreement with what she had done - giving that Kryptonite specimen to Dr. Klein. In fact, he just might be angry with her when he found out. Lois decided that it would probably be better for her to just let the dust settle for a bit before she brought that point up for debate.
Ut oh! I don't know how well that's going to go over. I still can't decide how I think Clark's reaction should be, lol. Guess I better keep reading, huh?

She could get a room at a hotel in the meantime – although with no job and no money coming in, it was going to tax her credit cards. But what else could she do?
*bounces happily in chair. STAY WITH CLARK! STAY WITH CLARK!

“Why don’t you come back to Kansas with us for a while? I could look after you until your powers return and you get well...”
Oh no you don't! Get back there and offer Lois a place to stay, young man, this instant!

And besides, according to what you just told me, you need a place to stay for a while until your new apartment opens up. Since I’m not going to be here, you could stay in my apartment while I’m gone... free of charge.
*cries* CLARK, that's NOT what I meant!

Why did I ever think you’d be able to keep my secret?”
jawdrop Clark! Harsh!

How far her hero had fallen in her eyes.
Ahh... the angst! The angst! *plaintively wanders the board for some waff*

Just kidding, I actually loved this chapter. It's not often Lois gets to slap Clark and he actually feels it. Wonderful job, but hurry back with part 7!

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Blogger
Blogger
This is a *very* interesting take on the aftermath of Lois's almost-wedding to Lex. I like how you are handling their reactions to each other, and how they are interacting.

I'm enjoying reading this, and I'm looking forward to the next part of the story. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And besides, according to what you just told me, you need a place to stay for a while until your new apartment opens up. Since I’m not going to be here, you could stay in my apartment while I’m gone... free of charge.
I have to admit, my Jekyll and Hyde plot preferences strayed to, hey! They could share Clark's apartment..but let's see LOL, I'm Clark, I have an axe-wound in my side, no powers, and I'm going to spend the next week sharing my apt. with the woman who not only turned down my declaration of love, *BUT* professed her undying feelings for my alter-ego. *That* sounds like fun. <g> I'd run like hell to Kansas, too.

“No, but I suppose that’s next,” he snipped.
OH you did NOT just go there! That's all I have to say. You're getting *no* sympathy from the state of Georgia! You better *grovel* for the rest of the story!

Okay, I've gotten out some anger. I'm good for now. <g> Great part, even if Clark is a world-class idiot.

JD
Anyone for Club POAC? (Pissed off at Clark)

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay...I just knew that Clark would convince Martha and Jonathan that he could stay in Metropolis alone and that Lois would come to stay with him {since she doesn't have a place to stay} and take care of him. But I guess that theory got blown out the window.

She smiled back. “Yeah. I’m pretty good at covert operations...” Her smile disappeared. “I just can’t see what’s right in front of my face.”

His smile fell and he looked away from her. Lois shifted uncomfortably on her feet. She had hardly sat down all night and her feet were killing her. She glanced over at the chairs that Martha and Jonathan had been sitting in and decided to change the subject. “Where’re your parents?”

“Down in the cafeteria,” he said, without looking up. “They’re early risers and have been up for a while, living on a farm will do that to you. I told them to go get something to eat.”

She nodded and walked over to sit down in one of the chairs.

“Clark, I need to...” “Lois, there’s something I...” They both said at the same time.
What exactly was Clark going to tell Loi? That stupid line that he gave her outside of the Planet? <I lied...I don't love you?>

Clark glanced over and Lois followed his eyes. His mom and dad were talking to the nurse. Clark looked back at her and continued in a quiet voice, “For helping me with Henderson and for protecting my secret. And not just *that* secret. Thank you for leaving out the part about the Kryptonite. I don’t think it would be safe for anyone to know that it really can hurt me – not even Henderson.”

She nodded, immediately feeling uncomfortable. Once Perry left she had planned to talk to Clark about Dr. Klein. But if what Clark had just said was any indicator, he wasn’t going to be in agreement with what she had done - giving that Kryptonite specimen to Dr. Klein. In fact, he just might be angry with her when he found out. Lois decided that it would probably be better for her to just let the dust settle for a bit before she brought that point up for debate.

Suddenly, she felt uneasy being there. She felt like she needed to get some fresh air and maybe try to get a little sleep. Her body had given up complaining and was now flat out shouting pleas of protest, and her mind wasn’t as sharp as it usually was. Things would look better after she’d had some sleep.
Ooh...Lois feels Clark's wrath coming.

“Kansas?” Lois repeated the word numbly. “You’re going to Kansas?” she asked, this time with a little heat in her voice.
Lois wants Clark in Metropolis so that she can tale care of him.

“Listen, Lois, it makes sense. And besides, according to what you just told me, you need a place to stay for a while until your new apartment opens up. Since I’m not going to be here, you could stay in my apartment while I’m gone... free of charge. You can’t afford to stay at a hotel without a paycheck coming in.”

Lois felt tears trying to start at his generosity but her pride got in the way, “I’ve got a little money put away. I’d be fine,” she replied stubbornly.

Clark sighed, realizing that he’d offended her without meaning to. “I know you would, but save that money for a real emergency. My apartment is going to sit here with or without you. You might as well use it.”

Lois sighed deeply and rubbed her hands up her face and through her hair. “You can’t leave. There’s something you... Oh, I should have told you... You just can’t leave.”
She's trying to keep him there...

“I’m sorry,” she repeated, silently begging him to believe her. “I only did it to try to help you...”

“Help me? By exposing me?” He ran a hand through his hair exasperatedly. “I should have known.”

“Known? Known what?” Lois didn’t like his tone and it sparked a flicker of anger in her. Unable to sit still any longer she got up and began to pace. “I don’t know why you’re acting like this. I had your best interests at heart. You really should be thanking me. It’s not like I told Dr. Klein who you really are.”

“No, but I suppose that’s next,” he snipped.

“What do you mean?” she bit out, unable to calm herself in the face of his accusations.
“The truth about Kryptonite and what it can do should have stayed a secret. It should have never left the confines of my immediate family... and now you,” he said, pointing a finger at her. “But you went and blabbed it to the first doctor you could find – some man who I’ve never even met before and know nothing about. Are you trying to get me killed?”

Lois looked like he had slapped her. She opened her mouth a couple of times but nothing came out. Clark’s legs felt weak but he wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction of watching him have to sit back down, and he was entirely too upset to sit down anyway. “But why should I have expected any more from the great investigative reporter, Lois Lane – who always has to keep digging, has to know everything about everybody... who hates secrets?” He snorted loudly. “It won’t be long before the whole city of Metropolis knows I’m Superman at this rate. Why did I ever think you’d be able to keep my secret?”

Lois stood there still gaping at him. Then she quietly walked over to him and promptly slapped him in the face. Clark reeled from the pain in even that small action – both physically and emotionally.

“How dare you,” she said, her voice low and steady, but brimming with emotion. “I did what I did to help you, you dim-witted, thick-sculled... Kryp...” Lois wasn’t sure what the term for his people would be, but she tried again anyway, “Kryp..tonian! Because I... care about you.”

She walked away from him and went up the stairs towards his front door. “Goodbye, Clark,” she said quietly. “I hope you get better in Kansas.”
Clark just destroyed the years worth of trust that Lois had in him. Oh, boy...how will he ever get himself out of this one?

Because I... care about you.”
This was about as close as Lois will ever get to admitting her true feelings for Clark now.

Hurry back! You picked a hell of a place to leave us. Get back here!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm, "Slap him again, Lois!"... that sounds promising! wink Okay, but "Kiss and make up" doesn't sound so bad, either.

Clark's eyes fluttered open at the contact and he smiled at her. &#8220;Hi. Did you get some sleep?&#8221;

She withdrew her hand a little self-consciously. &#8220;No, not really.&#8221; The truth was she hadn't even tried. Her mind had been racing since the time she had left this room only a few hours ago &#8211; it somehow felt like days ago. &#8220;It looks like you did.&#8221;

He nodded. &#8220;Yeah, a little. I worried myself to sleep thinking about you.&#8221;

Lois blushed. &#8220;It wasn't any big deal, really. I didn't hit a single snag getting in and out of LexCorp.&#8221; She smiled and breathed on her fingernails and then rubbed them across her chest in a motion suggesting she was pretty proud of herself.

Clark's smile broadened. &#8220;I should have never doubted the awesome skills of investigative reporter, Lois Lane.&#8221;
Oh, what a sweet beginning of this chapter, DJ! But from now on, it's all downhill?

&#8220;Clark, I need to...&#8221; &#8220;Lois, there's something I...&#8221; They both said at the same time.

&#8220;Let me go first,&#8221; Lois told him. &#8220;I did something last night that I'm not sure you'll agree with completely, at least not at first. But I need you to hear me out because I think...&#8221;

She was interrupted by a loud knock at the door. She sighed in frustration as Clark's voice rang out, &#8220;Who is it?&#8221;

&#8220;It's Henderson,&#8221; the gruff voice said from behind the door.
Lara already said it in the other thread, but I have to repeat it: Henderson Interruptus! Darn!

&#8220;Uhhh, what can I do for you?&#8221; Clark interjected.

&#8220;I just wanted to ask you a couple of questions, Kent, that's all. Nothing too strenuous.&#8221;

What was he going to ask? Clark tried to keep the anxiety from his voice, &#8220;O-kay...&#8221;
Okay, Kent, rumor has it that you are Superman, what do you say to that?

&#8220;As well as can be expected under the circumstances, I guess,&#8221; Clark told him chivalrously. Lois frowned. She knew he had to feel like crap. Why didn't he just say so? Was it a macho thing, or a polite farm boy thing? Maybe it was just a "superhero' thing?
Others have commented on this, too. It's really funny. Hmmm... it reminds me of a Swedish(?) commercial that I haven't even seen, but others have told me about it. It's a commercial for some painkillers you can take when you have a cold, and a guy's voice is saying: You women go on and on about what it's like for you to give birth. If you only knew what it's like for a guy to have a cold!

But, eh... no, that's not exactly what Clark is telling Henderson here, is it?

Henderson nodded at him. &#8220;Good. Tell me, what do you know about Superman? What happened to him?&#8221;

Lois was watching Clark's face and she swore she could almost literally see the blood draining from it.

&#8220;Uhh, what do you mean?&#8221; Clark stammered. Lois could hear the waver in his voice. Come on, Clark, she thought at him. Don't give Henderson any reason to be suspicious.
[Linked Image]

What? What do I know about that wet spot on the carpet??? (And what does Clark know about Superman?)

&#8220;Superman was helping with the investigation into Lex,&#8221; she answered for Clark. &#8220;Lex called Clark and told him that he wanted to meet with Superman. When Superman didn't come back, Clark decided something was wrong. He went to see Lex and...&#8221;

Henderson eyed her pointedly. &#8220;Excuse me, is your name Kent?&#8221; When her face flushed, he continued, &#8220;No, I didn't think so.&#8221; He turned back to look at Clark. &#8220;Is that right, Clark?&#8221;
Of course my Johnny knows the alphabet, Principal! It's A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z, isn't it, Johnny?

A few people at the precinct still aren't sure where they stand on the Superman issue, but I for one would miss him if he was gone.&#8221;
Some of the officers of the Metropolis Police Force would be just as happy if Superman just disappeared or died? eek

Lois scowled at him. &#8220;I always stay away from trouble; trouble just has a way of finding me. I can't help it if I flush out the best stories. I'm just blessed that way.&#8221;
Priceless! Oh, so Lois! rotflol

Perry came over and shook Clark's hand. &#8220;How ya feeling, son?&#8221;

&#8220;Like someone hit me with an axe,&#8221; Clark joked lamely. &#8220;How are you, Chief?&#8221;

&#8220;Me? I'm finer than frog hair split four ways.&#8221; Perry's face split into a wide grin and Clark chuckled at the funny southern saying.
So funny! Gotta love Perry!

Lois frowned. &#8220;I think in order to get better that means you're going to have to eat something, Clark.&#8221; She gestured at the food. &#8220;What's wrong? Don't tell me...&#8221; She crossed her arms in front of her. &#8220;You don't like hospital food.&#8221;

&#8220;Well...&#8221;

&#8220;Clark for someone who eats Ho-ho's and Dingdongs, you can't be that picky. You need to eat something,&#8221; she insisted.

Clark smiled softly at her. It wasn't often that he got to see her mother hen side.
That's so sweet! I love Lois being a mother hen to Clark.

Clark took hold of her wrist gently and stopped her. &#8220;Thank you.&#8221;

&#8220;For what?&#8221;

Clark glanced over and Lois followed his eyes. His mom and dad were talking to the nurse. Clark looked back at her and continued in a quiet voice, &#8220;For helping me with Henderson and for protecting my secret. And not just *that* secret. Thank you for leaving out the part about the Kryptonite. I don't think it would be safe for anyone to know that it really can hurt me &#8211; not even Henderson.&#8221;
Oh no! I can see where this is going.

&#8220;No, it's not that. I've... well, you see, two-bedroom apartments in this part of Metropolis are hard to find and... someone has already signed a lease agreement to move into your apartment next week.&#8221;

Lois felt her jaw drop. She was being evicted!
jawdrop

&#8220;Clark, honey, about that,&#8221; his mom said with a concerned look on her face. &#8220;Why don't you come back to Kansas with us for a while? I could look after you until your powers return and you get well...&#8221;

&#8220;No, mom.&#8221; He shook his head letting out a tight breath he had been holding as he relaxed into the couch. &#8220;I don't want to put any extra stress on you or dad right now. I know this is the busy time of year with the crops.&#8221;
That was the right answer, Clark. Good.

Clark could see how much it meant to her and she was right, he didn't really have anything to keep him from leaving Metropolis for a while. The truth was, before all this happened, he had been thinking of leaving Metropolis permanently because of Lois. He couldn't stand the thought of living so near to her after losing his heart to her. The temptation would be too great to visit her as Superman.

He sighed, rehashing the same argument to himself. He didn't want to be loved for just part of who he was.
Gaaah. Clark, why must you be such a lunkhead? Yes, I know, she really shouldn't have accepted Lex's proposal... she really, really, really, really shouldn't have... [Linked Image] (Here's to Lois and Lex... eh.)

(And in case administrators decide that the baby picture isn't permissible here, let's add another no-no:)

[Linked Image]

...but why don't you give her a chance to explain how she feels about you now?

So maybe it would be good for him to go stay in Kansas for a bit. At least until his powers came back. He certainly couldn't do any good here as Superman until that happened.

&#8220;Okay, mom. I'll come back with you and dad. Just give me a day or two to rest and get my stuff packed...&#8221; He hesitated for a moment and swallowed before continuing, &#8220;And say goodbye to Lois.&#8221;
Noooo....

&#8220;Home? Really? That seems awfully fast. Are you sure you're ready to be home?&#8221; The concern in her voice was unmistakable and it made him feel good despite the pain he was in.
So why won't you believe that she loves you?

Clark hung up the phone and closed his eyes as he sunk a little further into his couch. It wasn't going to be easy to say goodbye.
Gaaaah! It sounds so final!

Since I'm not going to be here, you could stay in my apartment while I'm gone... free of charge. You can't afford to stay at a hotel without a paycheck coming in.&#8221;

Lois felt tears trying to start at his generosity but her pride got in the way, &#8220;I've got a little money put away. I'd be fine,&#8221; she replied stubbornly.
Ah, I wish she had accepted his offer.

&#8220;I called my father and got the name of a very well respected scientist at STAR Labs. His name is Dr. Klein. Dad told me I could trust him...&#8221;

&#8220;What did you do?&#8221; He repeated, his mind blaring with warning alarms. She knew his secret. She knew about Kryptonite. And she knew he had been injured badly. What exactly had she gone to Dr. Klein for? And what had she told him?

Lois fidgeted nervously in her chair. What had she done? Clark would never trust her again. At that moment she wished she could take it all back, undo what had been done, but it was too late. Her heart ached inside her. &#8220;I'm sorry... I thought it was the right thing to do. I was trying to help you.&#8221;
Nooo!!! You did the right thing, Lois. Really!

Clark,&#8221; she said, her voice rising in pitch. &#8220;Your secret is safe, I promise. I... I took the piece of Kryptonite to him so he could examine it.&#8221;

Clark had begun slowly walking towards her but her words brought him to an abrupt halt. &#8220;What? Why? Why would you do that, Lois? I told you to destroy it. To get rid of it. How could you do something like that behind my back?&#8221;

&#8220;I'm sorry,&#8221; she repeated, silently begging him to believe her. &#8220;I only did it to try to help you...&#8221;

&#8220;Help me? By exposing me?&#8221; He ran a hand through his hair exasperatedly. &#8220;I should have known.&#8221;
Hear her out, Clark! For goodness sake. And how can you believe that she would do anything to put you in danger? To expose you?

&#8220;The truth about Kryptonite and what it can do should have stayed a secret. It should have never left the confines of my immediate family... and now you,&#8221; he said, pointing a finger at her. &#8220;But you went and blabbed it to the first doctor you could find &#8211; some man who I've never even met before and know nothing about. Are you trying to get me killed?&#8221;
:rolleyes: Too stupid for words. [Linked Image]

Lois looked like he had slapped her. She opened her mouth a couple of times but nothing came out. Clark's legs felt weak but he wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of watching him have to sit back down, and he was entirely too upset to sit down anyway. &#8220;But why should I have expected any more from the great investigative reporter, Lois Lane &#8211; who always has to keep digging, has to know everything about everybody... who hates secrets?&#8221; He snorted loudly. &#8220;It won't be long before the whole city of Metropolis knows I'm Superman at this rate. Why did I ever think you'd be able to keep my secret?&#8221;
[Linked Image]

Lois stood there still gaping at him. Then she quietly walked over to him and promptly slapped him in the face. Clark reeled from the pain in even that small action &#8211; both physically and emotionally.
YES!!!! He so had it coming. (And that is for all the other times when he has irritated me, but when he was invulnerable, so that she couldn't slap him.)

&#8220;How dare you,&#8221; she said, her voice low and steady, but brimming with emotion. &#8220;I did what I did to help you, you dim-witted, thick-sculled... Kryp...&#8221; Lois wasn't sure what the term for his people would be, but she tried again anyway, &#8220;Kryp..tonian! Because I... care about you.&#8221;
Hmmmm. Lois was the one who named him Superman. Now she is the one who names him a Kryptonian?

I'm glad, though, that she told him that she cares about him.

She walked away from him and went up the stairs towards his front door. &#8220;Goodbye, Clark,&#8221; she said quietly. &#8220;I hope you get better in Kansas.&#8221;
Wow. Now she is saying good-bye in a way that sounds very final.

Why had he been so harsh?
Yes, inquiring minds want to know, Clark. Of course, inquiring minds also want to know what the heck Lois was thinking when she accepted Lex's proposal.

His heart stung with her words and what she had called him.

Yes, he has fallen. But not because he is a Kryptonian, but because he told her that he knew she would expose him. Because he said she is trying to get him killed. That is hard to forgive, Clark.

And now, of course, Lois is going to run into horrible trouble, and Clark will not be able to save her. Will he be willing to? *cries*

Ann

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Grr, what an idiot! Poor Lois. Maybe Clark needs some time in Kansas to come to his senses. Another great part!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi Hasini! I'm glad that you can at least "understand" why he feels this way or that it makes sense... even if you don't like it. <g> And feel free to slap him, of course, after all, Lois did. laugh

Lara already answered it for me, but yes, in Witness, Mr. Traceswski (or however the heck you spell it) was depicted as the building *super* <snort> the super-intendant. Sometimes the "super" and the "landlord" can be the same person and sometimes they are different people. In bigger cities (and bigger apartment buildings) I think they are generally different people. So while I considered Mr. T for the job, I finally decided the actual landlord (or in this case landlady) would be someone different.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, though. And thank you to Lara too!

Hi Laura S! I'm so glad you came back! <g> LOL -yes, I think it's a "male" thing too. <g>

*bounces happily in chair. STAY WITH CLARK! STAY WITH CLARK!
LOL - sorry... it was a no go, huh? Will it make you feel any better to know that they do stay together at some point in this story? <DJ whistles innocently...>

quote: And besides, according to what you just told me, you need a place to stay for a while until your new apartment opens up. Since I’m not going to be here, you could stay in my apartment while I’m gone... free of charge.

*cries* CLARK, that's NOT what I meant!
LOL!!! Oh, I'm sorry <giggles> I really shouldn't be finding this as funny as I do, should I? <chuckles madly> But I can't help it...

Ahh... the angst! The angst! *plaintively wanders the board for some waff*
There is WAFF coming... honest-to-goodness there is. Cross my heart and hope to... eh... well, there is. <g> Thanks for the fdk Laura!

Hi Nighthawk! So glad to know you're reading. I'm glad you like it and are enjoying it. Thank you for the fdk!!!

Hi Jen!

but let's see LOL, I'm Clark, I have an axe-wound in my side, no powers, and I'm going to spend the next week sharing my apt. with the woman who not only turned down my declaration of love, *BUT* professed her undying feelings for my alter-ego. *That* sounds like fun. <g> I'd run like hell to Kansas, too.
Oh. My. God. I DIED laughing at that. That was too hilarious! <hug> And thank you! I'm so glad you pointed that out. Yes, we know Lois loves Clark, and Clark loves Lois... but do THEY KNOW THAT? Heck no! Not at this point. They want to believe it... they see each other doing nice things and want to believe there could be something more... why do you all think I said this story was going to be 20-25 parts. They have issues to work through. <g>

Anyone for Club POAC? (Pissed off at Clark)
LOL! Where's Jojo when we need her? Although I'm not sure she'd do a button for that club. rotflol Thanks Jen!

Hi Sheila!

Okay...I just knew that Clark would convince Martha and Jonathan that he could stay in Metropolis alone and that Lois would come to stay with him {since she doesn't have a place to stay} and take care of him. But I guess that theory got blown out the window.
All in good time... all in good time. <g> Don't give up hope yet.

What exactly was Clark going to tell Loi? That stupid line that he gave her outside of the Planet? <I lied...I don't love you?>
Hee hee... that's the beauty of it... you can pick what he was going to say. <g> Maybe he was going to say "Lois, there's something I need to tell you... I'm madly in love with you..." LOL <snort>

Hurry back! You picked a hell of a place to leave us. Get back here!
Was it wrong of me to enjoy that as much as I did? <g> Thanks so much for the fdk, Sheila!

Hi Ann!!!

Hmmm, "Slap him again, Lois!"... that sounds promising! [Wink] Okay, but "Kiss and make up" doesn't sound so bad, either.
No, it doesn't, does it? The next part might surprise all of you. I'm sure you'll be hacked again at the end of it, but I still think it might surprise you. <g>

Okay, Kent, rumor has it that you are Superman, what do you say to that?
LOL!!!! <snort>

Some of the officers of the Metropolis Police Force would be just as happy if Superman just disappeared or died?
Not that so much as they just don't really know *how* to feel about Superman. They aren't ecstatic to have him around... but not that they would necessarily want anything bad to happen to him. (Sort of how Mayson views him).

Those pictures were hilarious, Ann. <snort>

YES!!!! He so had it coming. (And that is for all the other times when he has irritated me, but when he was invulnerable, so that she couldn't slap him.)
LOL - how did I know you were going to enjoy that, Ann? I actually think you'll enjoy quite a few things about this story (at least I hope you will).

Thanks so much for all that wonderful fdk! I enjoyed each and every line. <g>

Hi Jackie! I'm so glad to see you back. Thanks for the fdk!

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure when the next part will be up. I posted on Tuesday, right? Hmmmm.... I've been trying to post more than once a week - my summer schedule looks like it may be pretty hectic and so I was trying to speed things up a bit. I had even considered posting it unbeta'd because I hate to put pressure on my beta reader... err... I'm mean queenie... <hugs Sue> to keep up with a fast posting schedule. But I also hate to subject you all to any typos or goofs that may have escaped my notice.

Okay, how about Friday at the earliest, and Sunday night at the latest? I have family coming this weekend so it will either be Friday morning or Sunday night. We'll see...

Thanks!

-- DJ wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
Sorry for the late FDK!! I had a really busy week and I hadn't gotten around to read the 6th part yet! But I finally have some time now to read it and leave you some fdk!! so YAY
As well as can be expected under the circumstances, I guess,” Clark told him chivalrously. Lois frowned. She knew he had to feel like crap. Why didn’t he just say so? Was it a macho thing, or a polite farm boy thing? Maybe it was just a ‘superhero’ thing?
*LOL* Ooh loved this part. Really funny (a male thing huh?? wink )
“I always stay away from trouble; trouble just has a way of finding me. I can’t help it if I flush out the best stories. I’m just blessed that way.”
Just so perfect Lois!!
“How ya feeling, son?”
So sweet, the way he cares and takes care of everyone ( him and Lois anyway)
But that means I need to be out of here sometime this week and that other apartment isn’t going to be ready for another week after that. Where am I supposed to stay in between?”
Poor Lois, they're throwing her out of her appartement! You see, no good can come from marrying Lex !!!

oh and I love the ending of this part, makes me curious to the next one wink . With them mad at each other and Clark going to Kansas, when are they going to talk about how they feel?? But what did you day? 25 parts? Yeah maybe they do have some time goofy

I'm already looking farward to next part! (and hoping that my next week won't be that busy!)

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! Another great part. I'm already addicted to this story.

Lois blushed. “It wasn’t any big deal, really. I didn’t hit a single snag getting in and out of LexCorp.” She smiled and breathed on her fingernails and then rubbed them across her chest in a motion suggesting she was pretty proud of herself.
Typical Lois. [Linked Image]

“Uhh, what do you mean?” Clark stammered. Lois could hear the waver in his voice. Come on, Clark, she thought at him. Don’t give Henderson any reason to be suspicious.
Come on, Clark. Where are the lame answers? [Linked Image]

The thought almost made her sick, but then she realized Clark looked like he was going to be ill so she decided maybe it was time for her to intercede in his behalf. “Superman was helping with the investigation into Lex,” she answered for Clark.
Super Lois to rescue. smile1

Lois sighed deeply and rubbed her hands up her face and through her hair. “You can’t leave. There’s something you... Oh, I should have told you... You just can’t leave.”
I agree, you can't leave, Clark.

“Help me? By exposing me?” He ran a hand through his hair exasperatedly. “I should have known.”
Uh-oh.

“The truth about Kryptonite and what it can do should have stayed a secret. It should have never left the confines of my immediate family... and now you,” he said, pointing a finger at her. “But you went and blabbed it to the first doctor you could find – some man who I’ve never even met before and know nothing about. Are you trying to get me killed?”
/me slaps Clark. [Linked Image]

“But why should I have expected any more from the great investigative reporter, Lois Lane – who always has to keep digging, has to know everything about everybody... who hates secrets?” He snorted loudly. “It won’t be long before the whole city of Metropolis knows I’m Superman at this rate. Why did I ever think you’d be able to keep my secret?”
/me slaps Clark again and again. [Linked Image]

Why doesn't he just shut up? [Linked Image]

Lois stood there still gaping at him. Then she quietly walked over to him and promptly slapped him in the face.
Go, Lois! Well done. He deserved it. razz

“How dare you,” she said, her voice low and steady, but brimming with emotion. “I did what I did to help you, you dim-witted, thick-sculled... Kryp...” Lois wasn’t sure what the term for his people would be, but she tried again anyway, “Kryp..tonian!
Slap him again, Lois. devil

And before Clark could even think of what to say, she had slammed his door shut behind her. “Wait, Lois!” he called out. Why had he been so harsh?
I'd like to know it too... mad

Her hero became a jerk. It isn't her fault. You deserved what you got, Clark. [Linked Image] Act as a hero and you'll treated as one.

Okay, how about Friday at the earliest, and Sunday night at the latest?
I vote for Friday. laugh I'd go in serious withdraws until Sunday and you wouldn't want me running after you with an axe, would you? [Linked Image]

Andreia [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Camy I never care if it's late - I'm always just excited to get more. <g>

And yes, I did say 20-25 parts... so we have some time to get things sorted out. <g> Thanks so much for the fdk and glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Andreia!!! I'm so glad you're addicted. Thanks for all those cute little icons and all that yummy fdk. And you cracked me up with your slapping Clark. <g> I'll have you know that I didn't want you coming after me with an axe, so I posted today instead of Sunday. Enjoy! <g>

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard