Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ooohh, gaaaahhh!

Chances are that Lois suffered permanent brain damage as she was knocked down again and again by Tiger Bennett. Actually, most boxing champions, who in many cases don't get knocked down as many times during their entire careers as Lois was knocked down during this one match, eventually get some form of brain damage. Muhammed Ali has Parkinsons, which is caused by a sort of malfunction of the brain. Swedish boxer Ingemar Johansson, who was world heavyweight champion in 1959, suffers from Alzheimers. Floyd Patterson, who defeated Johansson in 1960, recently died, suffering from Alzheimers. Sweden's second best boxer ever, Olle Tandberg, was notoriously punch drunk... come on, this stuff is dangerous! Let's hope that Lois and Clark's future happiness doesn't end prematurely as Lois begins to suffer from whatever incurable brain damage she got during this match!

But I liked Lois's methodical search for the place where Clark is held captive. Go, Lois! And I loved her finding out that Clark is Superman. And I loved Perry's and Martha's talks with her. And I even enjoyed her haircut, even though I was too horrified at her boxing match to think about her hair very much.

Please don't let anything unspeakably awful happen to Lois in the next chapter, Tank! Pretty please? grovel

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Let's hope that Lois and Clark's future happiness doesn't end prematurely as Lois begins to suffer from whatever incurable brain damage she got during this match!
Man, and I thought I had a lot of angsty thoughts in my head. <bg> I love your comments. Maybe she'll have so much brain damage that she forgets the revelation at the end...Nah, that would be just mean.

Another great part! I'm being a moody artist this week, so I love the angst and hardship ROFL. I also thought the revelation was great, and I loved Lois' conversation with Martha...

Looking forward to what happens next!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful part. I too loved Lois' revelation that Clark was Superman. And her acknowledging that he was the man she loved. *sigh* Beautiful. laugh

Well done! clap

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
First well done, very well done.
Second;
I certainly hope that all Clark's exposure to this low level Krytonite will result in his body casting off the effects and his being able to break free because I can't see Lois surviving the next level.
wildguy

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
Tank, you're truly evil. There's nothing more to say. thumbsup

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
theres the hair cut lol wink

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
A haircut?! I didn't see that coming! wink

Well done, Tank. Definetly enjoying this... can't wait for part 3. Poor Lois, Poor Clark!

Jo

Top Banana
Top Banana
Can't wait for part 3 either! What a task! But I'm not surprised Lois gave ...somewhat as good as she got. Great chapter.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Merriwether
Merriwether
What did Henderson whisper to Lois?

Great chapter. Can't believe you are beating up Lois so much.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
I'm confused. I know of Tank's hatred for Jimmy, and love of Lois with short hair and desire to give Lois more of the spotlight in terms of heroism, but there seems to be a bit of Clark/Superman hatred going on here as well. Did I miss something? But all of that aside, this is interesting and there was a degree of loyalty to Clark in chapter 2 that was really nice, Lois was very clear on her knowledge of how Clark would react to this situation if her were around.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very interesting premise, Tank. I'm surprised that Lois figured out Clark's secret so early in the story, but it makes sense that she'd finally put two and two together and end up with four instead of twenty-two.

Like Ann, I was a bit surprised that you had Lois going fifteen rounds with a pro boxer. Most non-fighters couldn't stay in the ring with a real fighter for a single round, let alone that many. But if Lois takes care of herself and doesn't take any hard hits to the head for a long while, her brain should be able to compensate for (or even repair) the damage done to it. Boxers with brain damage almost always suffer from the cumulative effects, not from just one fight.

I wonder if the bad guys will make a mistake and let Superman out of the cage long enough for him to either get away or beat someone senseless for the way they're torturing Lois.

Which leads me to my next question. I know that you write Superman in a way that he would never = NEVER = take a person's life, but I don't know that Lois shares his absolute line on the subject. She obviously doesn't have his powers, and she's surely been seriously provoked, so if it looks like Kyle Griffin might actually kill Superman, would Lois protect Clark by taking a life?

Interesting question, even if that's not what you're leading up to. And I'll be there at the end to see just what you actually do with this narrative. It's been a fun ride so far.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
First off, I have to apologize to everyone. I've been offline for the last few days due to problems with my phone system. It's working again now (and yes, I am on dial-up) so I can get back to the boards.

Now, thanks to all who are reading this little tale. It kind of got away from me and my original idea that it would be just a couple of instalments. But it is finished now, and I'll be able to post the rest of it on a decent schedule (as long as my phone says working).

As to those of you who questioned Lois' lack of serious injury during the fight; I think I have provided for those questions. Also, Lois did hang in as long as she could, but she didn't last the entire 15 rounds. I forget the exact time, but she was knocked out eventually.

Normally I would have posted on Sunday, then again on Wednesday, but since I couldn't get online on Sunday, I'll be posting later tonight, and then again late Wednesday, or early Thursday.

I will be out of town over the weekend to attend a small comic convention in Des Moines, but will be back by Sunday to post then.

Thanks again to all.

Tank (who has been very frustrated not being able to get online for several days, which shows just how pathetic his life is)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Tank! Sorry I'm late to the party. Poor Lois, my ribs, lip, neck, and other various body parts ache for her. And poor Clark - being forced to watch it all happen and helpless to stop it. <whimper>

But now she knows who she's really fighting for! Yay! It will make her even more resolute to figure this thing out.

I see that part 3 has been posted so I'm off to read. Sorry about your lack of internet. We've missed you. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard