Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42189 04/19/07 07:38 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Ah, Lara, you never fail to make me laugh.

"Miss Lane!" he said. "What a pleasure! To what do I owe the honor of speaking to Metropolis' prettiest investigative reporter?"

"You're not speaking to her," Clark told him, his expression darkening.

"Oh... Kent," Bruce said, his tone now unmistakably petulant.
Doesn't everyone know that Clark is Metropolis' prettiest investigative reporter? Bruce must be blind as a bat not to see that!

(Er, yeah, horrible joke. I should really go to bed.)

Less than 15 minutes later, flying at absolute top speeds, Batman was soaring over Metropolis in his Batplane.
Somehow a plane just feels like cheating. I like my heroes to fly under their own power goofy

"Oh, I've got it!" Aquaman said, excitedly. "I knew I'd seen you before! I'd recognize that chin anywhere! You're Batman, aren't you?"
<snicker>

"Kent here has his face – and his awful taste in neckwear - plastered all over the city!"
Hurrah for awful taste in neckwear! clap

"I guess I must have too busy looking at the pretty girl on the poster to really notice you."
Aquaman is...blind as a fish?

Yeah, yeah, off to bed with me!

Keep them coming!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#42190 04/19/07 08:57 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
clap clap jump lol

Framework4
#42191 04/19/07 10:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you!! This was a wonderful way to wake up this morning!!
"Spill it Kent," Bruce spat, somewhat annoyed. "You have my undivided attention. What's going on?"

"We're calling with information about project Shock Wave."

"I'm sorry, what now?" the billionaire asked, obviously startled.

"Shock Wave. It's a project that Wayne Enterprises is investing billions of dollars in. Don't tell me you didn't know!" Clark rolled his eyes and sighed. Leave it to the World's Greatest Detective to be completely oblivious to what his playboy alter ego's company was dealing in.

"I... uh... Just tell me what the problem is, will you?"
laugh

Aquaman stood there observing Clark, who was starting to sweat quite a bit now. He feared that by the time this interview was over, there would be one more person in the world who knew his secret.

"Oh, I've got it!" Aquaman said, excitedly. "I knew I'd seen you before! I'd recognize that chin anywhere! You're Batman, aren't you?"

Clark rolled his eyes. Not another one, he thought. What was it with people thinking he was Batman? His chin looked nothing like Batman's. Nothing!
rotflol rotflol
Poor Clark -- I know he wants his secret safe, but one of these days he's going to smack someone who says that to him!!

Loved It!!

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#42192 04/20/07 01:31 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
That was great, Lara! This series is so much fun!

P.S. A peer is a colleague. A pier is a dock on the waterfront. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#42193 04/20/07 01:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh hehehe! Thanks guys! Seeing your comments totally made it worth it to post this at 2 AM when I should have been in bed. wink

Lisa - thanks. (*tries to hide embarrassment*) dang it, I wish Word was more intelligent!! (or that I was!) Going to fix that right away.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#42194 04/20/07 01:42 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
(*tries to hide embarrassment*)
Embarrassment? No, ma'am, that's not allowed. You have better grammar in your second language than I do in my first!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#42195 04/20/07 07:50 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
quote:
"Miss Lane!" he said. "What a pleasure! To what do I owe the honor of speaking to Metropolis' prettiest investigative reporter?"

"You're not speaking to her," Clark told him, his expression darkening.

"Oh... Kent," Bruce said, his tone now unmistakably petulant.

-------------------------------------------------
Doesn't everyone know that Clark is Metropolis' prettiest investigative reporter? Bruce must be blind as a bat not to see that!
Oh, Lara and Cape Fetish, you both crack me up!!!

"I'm sorry, what now?" the billionaire asked, obviously startled.

"Shock Wave. It's a project that Wayne Enterprises is investing billions of dollars in. Don't tell me you didn't know!" Clark rolled his eyes and sighed. Leave it to the World's Greatest Detective to be completely oblivious to what his playboy alter ego's company was dealing in.
Galactically clueless Bruce!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

"Yeah, that's me," he answered, grinning widely. "Hey, wait a second. I know you! We've met before!"

"Us?" Clark asked, surprised. "No, I don't think so. I would remember, believe me, I would."

Aquaman stood there observing Clark, who was starting to sweat quite a bit now. He feared that by the time this interview was over, there would be one more person in the world who knew his secret.

Aquaman is blind as a fish, as Cape Fetish said! rotflol rotflol rotflol

"Huh...?" Aquaman asked, trying to make sense of this new information. He'd been so sure of himself. He knew he'd seen the reporter's face somewhere, but if he wasn't Batman, then where? "But your face looks so familiar..." he said, confused.

"Of course it does, Water Boy," Batman declared, looking smug. He extended an arm and pointed over to a tall building nearby on top of which sat a huge billboard adorning an equally impressive ad for the Daily Planet. "Kent here has his face &#8211; and his awful taste in neckwear - plastered all over the city!"

"Well, what do you know..." said Aquaman, staring at the promotional picture of Lois and Clark. "I guess I must have been too busy looking at the pretty girl on the poster to really notice you."
Clark, remember to hold on to Lois - because if you don't, Batman and Aquaman are waiting in line to date her! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ann

#42196 04/20/07 07:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark, remember to hold on to Lois - because if you don't, Batman and Aquaman are waiting in line to date her!
Shhh! Ann! Don't steal the punch from yet-to-be-written stories... *wicked grin*

#42197 04/20/07 07:59 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hehe, nice story, Lara.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#42198 04/20/07 08:06 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
So you settled on Water Boy, eh? Great continuation. Hey, you've still got Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, and several others to mistake Clark for Batman.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#42199 04/20/07 08:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehe! yeah. Next up is Green Arrow. wink

And then... the H story is something you suggested I should do, Woody. So keep an eye out for it. laugh

They should come rather soon-ish, because serious lack of sleep has made me very inspired for silly vignettes of this sort. dance Like I told a few people today, I may never sleep again. LOL!

#42200 04/20/07 05:43 PM
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Lara, you rock! party

I laughed at the exchange between Batman and Superman. That was truly inspired!

This is a terrific series, Lara, and it's getting really fun to see a new one pop up.

Thanks!

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
#42201 04/21/07 12:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Of course it does, Water Boy," Batman declared, looking smug. He extended an arm and pointed over to a tall building nearby on top of which sat a huge billboard adorning an equally impressive ad for the Daily Planet. "Kent here has his face – and his awful taste in neckwear - plastered all over the city!"
Cute. I loved that Batman was protecting Clark.

From what we know of the cities, Gotham City would be located where Chicago is and Metropolis would be New York City. According to Google Maps, there are 788 miles between both cities.
Really? I thought Gotham was also on the northeastern coast, but maybe they have changed that in recent years.

So you settled on Water Boy, eh? Great continuation. Hey, you've still got Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, and several others to mistake Clark for Batman.
Oh, and of course, The Martian Manhunter...

I loved it, Lara!! More soon please!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#42202 04/21/07 01:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really? I thought Gotham was also on the northeastern coast, but maybe they have changed that in recent years.
erm... you know... you're right. I was basing my assumption on Batman Returns (the 2nd movie) and the fact that it's a place where crime reigns, which as I understand is reminiscent of Chicago during the prohibition.

But.... they've pretty much placed Gotham all over the map anyway. So, um, let's pretend it's where Chicago is in this universe. *lol* In any event, he would not have gotten there instantaneously - it's all that counts.

As for another story soon... you might get your wish. I have more than half of "G" written at this time. I *may* be able to finish it tonight. laugh

#42203 04/22/07 03:20 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lol! I loved the conversation at the end with Batman, Clark and Aqua Man. Plus Bruce Wayne talking to Clark Kent, "Metropolis' prettiest reporter." goofy

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#42204 04/22/07 04:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks everyone for the comments!! sloppy

Means the world to me!

#42205 05/26/08 02:37 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Hehehe, this series continues to be hilarious and adorable. I'm going to be so sad when it's over! frown

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard