Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
**Note: Not leaving a chance of spelling that as Rigoletto, I copied and pasted the titles. BWAHA!**

*stomps on thems lousy crickets*

Woohoo! How I wish they'd gotten pizza instead. Of course, had they gotten pizza, they probably would have gotten the only one in all of Metorpolis outside of Suicide Slum with bad cheese. (Wait... isn't bad cheese an OXYMORON??)

I can't wait for the next bit! Poor Clark, I bet he won't be getting to sleep anytime soon wink

Ooooh, and did you find a site with all of those Lawyer Jokes, or do you just know a lot of them?

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
What if they had ordered a pizza instead of Ralph's Pagoda?
I thought at first this was a story to answer my challenge of "What if the almost first date went further?" but that's ok - I am getting what I wanted anyway. wink

As for the lawyer jokes - that is an awesome idea. Very spontaneous makes everything seem oh so more realistic somehow. smile1

"What about somewhere closer?" she gasped.
I read this and I seriously thought Clark would say: "The bedroom???" But no he didn't! He had an opening and he didn't go for it! Damn him!

"You could probably afford the train to Boston if you'd stop buying concert tickets for Jimmy," she teased.
Again, good of you to tie it to everything else that happened in the episode. Where did they get those writers from?

She let out a contented sigh and closed her eyes, wishing that, somehow, she could spend every night exactly like this. Her hand smoothed along his chest, detecting his ribs and then lingering at a small bump. She teased at it absent-mindedly, then realized it was his nipple and stopped. Her cheeks burned as she wondered if he thought she had been doing that on-purpose.
Stop torturing the poor boy, Lois. I bet your mind knew all along what that small bump was. Oh yes it did. Mind games....

He cradled her against him and walked slowly towards the bedroom as he inhaled the faint scent of her shampoo. She had buried her face in his neck and her breath was warm on his skin. His body throbbed with the need to keep her there and hold her forever. He could just stand there all night and let her sleep like this, couldn't he? She was half-asleep now and the utter trust she was showing him had banished nearly every lascivious thought.
This reminds me of my own boyfriend and I - he carries me everywhere and I read this and I just ..... meowr? *purrs in contentment*

But on the other hand the mental image of Clark standing there all night while Lois sleeps is such a funny one. clap More please more and soon!

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wooooo! A new story from Sue. I have decided to be good from now on and try to give proper reviews again. I have been slacking. You guys write these nice stories that I enjoy so much and it takes you a while to get them written. The least I can do is spend 10 minutes giving something back. smile

Mayson was at the heart of every lawyer joke she was telling Clark.
Ohhh, nice one Lois! I would probably make them as well… I don’t hate Mayson but man did she ruin so many good moments.

"Nope, I'm good." Lois reached over and smoothed the pad of her thumb over the back of his hand, tracing the ridge of his knuckles. He had such nice hands. They were graceful and sure - and she had wasted far too much time lately watching him type and gesture as she had tried to revise the innocent touches he had given her in the past into something more.
Less hands more mole woman! Haha, I love your fascination with the hands though. *sigh* They are pretty nice.

His dark eyes met hers, sparkling mischievously. "I'd fly you anywhere you wanted for a kiss on the cheek."
Awww and he really could too! Makes it even sweeter.

"He's still over there," Clark murmured against the base of her throat.
Uh oh Clark… don’t let your hormones do the talking… think about what you might be revealing here…

"I was listening." His words ended in a small moan as she panted near his ear and he fantasized about other ways he could leave her breathless.
Ouch… who knew it would be so easy for you to let your guard down? Lois should have jumped you in the first season and I bet you would have confessed to being Superman right away.

In the next room Clark laid wide-eyed on the sofa, staring at the nighttime shadows on the ceiling.
Tehehe! Oh he heard you Lois. I can only imagine how shocked and happy he is right about now. smile I can’t wait for more Sue!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Yay for pizza! I've always been of the opinion that Ralph and his pagoda had a whole lot to answer for.

Lovely, Sue. Sweet and sexy and WAFFY and full of promise. Can't wait for the next bit smile .

Caroline

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
At first I was a little surprised that you posted this story in the gfic folder. But there is really no reason to either wonder at or deplore a lack of nfic scenes in this fic. As you showed in your Proof series, you are a master at writing gfic stories that vibrate with a gossamer sensualism. You create a shivering eroticism as fragile as a butterfly's wing when you show us Lois and Clark treading those first, breathless steps of a dance that can only much later lead to full physical intimacy.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, what Toc said so well, goes for me too. Unlike the others, I would love to see this go into the nfic folder. I can't help it. You write those love scenes so well. The kiss, made me want to find my husband. Too bad he is at work. Anyway. Lovely, can't wait for more. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Because of the title I thought it would be a Soul Mates fic!

I love Soul Mates rewrites, but even if The Risorgimento period is fundamental in Italian history, I don't know if I'd like a story taking place during this period... Lois and Clark as two young intellectuals writing a secret paper? Two revolutionaries during the Cinque Giornate?

I'm happy to see your story is a 'The Phoenix' rewrite! I love this episode and surely I'm going to read your fic! smile1

Simona smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, like others, my first thought is 1) Yea, another sue story, 2)where's the end of platonic wink and 3) and foremost...this is in the wrong folder!! blush

doublel

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved it Sue! So sweet but so sensual! I love their kisses and caresses on the couch, but I love expecially Lois' thoughts at the end of this part; I always thought that after Clark' killer smile at the bedroom' door, Lois' thoughts would have been on him for a long time! After your fabulous scene, things are surely on the right course for them!

I like very much the dialogue about Luthor rebirth, and how Lois makes clearer her feelings about the whole situation, I always thought her words to him on the street were too... Lame? Light? Lacking? I can't find the right word in English, sometimes it's so frustrating! grumble

I can't wait to read Clark thoughts, expecially after Lois' involuntary declaration of love!

Simona smile
who thinks that this is perfect as PG story, because hopefully there will be a Nfic sequel! laugh

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Oh Sue! That was so sweet and romantic! I love your stories, and your writing. I absolutely loved the way you described the kisses in that part, and all the lawyers jokes they keep telling, as if to lightening the sexual tension between them. So realistic, and so adorable. smile

I want more (and not only from that story - I check every day to see if you posted the last part of Platonic...) wink

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Sue, this is so wonderful. Very sensual in a way that sends shivers down my spine. And I am continually in awe of your ability to weave that around wonderful conversation. When I read your fic, I always feel like I'm seeing L&C they way they really are. Then I remember they aren't real!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Kerth
Kerth
Ooooh, and did you find a site with all of those Lawyer Jokes, or do you just know a lot of them?
I put out a plea for lawyer jokes last month.

But while this paragraph is good, I think Lois realised when she met him, exactly how Lex felt about her which is why she said "No, I just think you have suffered enough." Lex never knew how to love someone but then he falls in love with her and does everything wrong because he just doesn't know. And she realises this when she sees him again. I think Lois does feel compassion for Lex, for what he has become through circumstance and then through his own choices and she does understand how he feels about her and why he pursued her (and continues to do so) the way he did. I don't agree with your take on her view but I am glad you brought up the whole meeting Lex again thing.
Huh? At what point did I say that she didn't have compassion for him? All Lois said was that it was weird to see Lex again and that it was creepy how he thought she was going to go running back to him. When your ex-fiance comes back from the dead (after you've found out he's a psychopath who deliberately took steps to control you and destroyed everything you held dear in the process) and now he's stalking you - well, let me know how that makes you feel. wink

Sorry - but I think the writers biffed it on this one - which is why they're not done talking about Lex yet. <g> Lois was right to placate him while she was there in the alley with him - who knows what he would have done if she's "betrayed" him? But who appointed her as judge and gave her the authority to pardon Lex's past crimes? How is being doomed to be lovesick over her a fair punishment for everything else he did? /me takes a few deep breaths and repeats to self "just a show, just a show".

Oh, and LT? Lois wasn't deliberately trying to seduce him with the knuckle noogie. When she's trying, I promise you'll know it. laugh

At first I was a little surprised that you posted this story in the gfic folder.
Um, uh, get used to it? With the exception of the story I can't seem make myself finish, there's one other nfic that I've been working on since about October. After that, I doubt very much that I'll be writing any more nfic. I won't say "never" because who knows, but in my current state of mind, I just don't see it happening. Sorry guys. frown

LOL - Simona! I was a little worried that the Italian readers might think I'd gone off on a weird tangent. This has nothing to do with the Italian Risorgimento. I just liked the fancy word for "resurrection". I guess it's worth noting this won't have anything to do with that episode either. <heh>

Less hands more mole woman!
Ha! Jojo! You know, and I know, and pretty much everyone knows that I love that freckle of his. But it would cross a weird line for me if I mentioned it in every story. I'm pacing myself. Besides, they both have so many nice features - it gives an author some leeway and range to work with.

Thanks, LT and Jojo, for picking out the "I'd fly you anywhere you wanted for a kiss on the cheek" line. That's the first bit of conversation that I wrote for this part. No matter what else got moved around or changed, THAT had to stay. I just love it when he flirts with her on two levels and she's absolutely clueless.

Thanks to everyone who's left comments. I appreciate them far more than you'd probably believe. I tell myself I write for the sheer joy of it, which is mostly true. But I only post for feedback. smile1

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh! That was so wonderful! I feel all warm and fuzzy. laugh Which is great, because at the moment a mountain of homework does not LOOK warm and fuzzy. I told myself when I saw this was posted that I'd read it AFTER the work, but then... well... I couldn't resist! And I'm so glad I did. Can't imagine what Clark's thinking right now. clap

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
^_~ I know you can't mention it in every story. laugh I have to pick at you about it though. sloppy

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This was so sweet. It had just the right amount of sexual tension for their first date and the right amount of silly behaviour on their part. I can't wait for the next part.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, that was sweet, funny, romantic, and just plain perfect. And I'm going to plant a big flag and say, nfic? This don't need no stinkin' nfic! It has this blanket of Waffiness that you just want to wrap around yourself while you stupidly grin. Or okay, at least I want to. laugh

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Oh, Sue, thank you! I'd seen the plea for lawyer jokes, which had me ROTFL, but you worked them in so well! And then the subtle, sensual, slow dance that you write so well. Wow.

"Oh my god," she whispered to herself, "what have you done to me, Clark? I'm falling in love with you."

For a moment she trembled at the sheer rightness of those words. Then she rolled over, clutching the pillow closer to her so she could groan his name at the futility of it all. Please, she thought, let Bobby be right. Let him be mooning over her right now.

In the next room Clark laid wide-eyed on the sofa, staring at the nighttime shadows on the ceiling.
Powerful stuff, Sue. Thank you!

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Sue...that was beautiful! I love the different turn that the story took...they did neck on the couch instead of Lois lamely getting up!

"Oh my god," she whispered to herself, "what have you done to me, Clark? I'm falling in love with you."

For a moment she trembled at the sheer rightness of those words. Then she rolled over, clutching the pillow closer to her so she could groan his name at the futility of it all. Please, she thought, let Bobby be right. Let him be mooning over her right now.

Now did Clark hear her?

Since you have said that this was 1/3, you are therefore finished with the story and will post again soon...right?

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Hey,
I never intended to imply that you wrote Lois in such a way that she did not feel compassion for him and I give you marks for pointing out that it is creepy to have him stalk you but I just thought she would have explained more about how she felt about Luthor at that point in the conversation - more than just what it felt now that he was back. But perhaps you are right not to write that in. The stalking by the ex fiancee and him being psychopathic aside, if Lois did realise and understand how he felt about her or why, I don't think it would be something she would ever share with Clark. I think Clark will always see Lex as incapable of love somehow - which perhaps is a weak point for CK but nevertheless. Maybe I'll write a story and explain it better somehow. Plus, remember, I have not seen Season 3 & 4 though I have a generic idea of what happens in them. I have seen just the Ultrawoman episode out of season three. I never watched the show when it was on air in SL - I had dancing classes.

You write so well - I don't care if it is g rated - you make me want to see the n rated version. blush

Like I said, I don't know why I like the flirting but that line: "I'd fly you anywhere for a kiss on the cheek." Maybe it is the fact that it works on two levels. Maybe it is the fact that it portrays his naughty cheeky side. I cannot resist naughty cheeky men. *sigh*

Anyways don't be too mad at me for disagreeing with you over Lex. I am still waiting for parts 2 and 3 and you are still a great writer.

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, my. This is wonderful stuff, Sue. drool And the teasing back and forth while they both fought to stay in control made me feel all sorts of wonderful WAFFs.
Oh, yeah. He heard her alright. Now, what is he going to do about it?

Please come back with part 2 soon,
BJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard