Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39970 03/06/07 04:53 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Whee, there's a twist... H.G. Wells is there, but he's not gonna be able to fix it. And L&C are expecting? It's gonna look like Clark knocked her up within a week of meeting her goofy

I really do like watching the two of them here -- I've read other stories about jumping back into younger bodies, but usually it's just one of them at a time, like S4 Lois interacting with the clueless younger Clark. I really like seeing both of them; I like the solid togetherness -- especially in context of the pilot. That's been rewritten a few times, too wink but it's always been a getting-together story. This "two against the world" stuff is fun!

Looking forward to the next section!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow!

My favorite line
Quite proud of the fact that... Daddy didn’t hear.
Wells' description of Lois and Clark's 3-year old was adorable. goofy

I am a little confused though, what do the dialog in italics mean? Do they represent thoughts or..? confused

thumbsup smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by AnKS:
I am a little confused though, what do the dialog in italics mean? Do they represent thoughts or..? confused
Yes, the italics represent Lois's thoughts. Was anyone else confused by that? Should I put a key at the top of the story?

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I got the thoughts in italics, because I'm used to seeing stuff like that. But you will need some other device or marker when you send it to the archive, because you can't put italics in a plain text file.

This, of course, assumes that you will finish the story and archive it! I certainly hope you do both. This is a very interesting twist on the beginning, and I anticipate a lot of changes coming up very soon.

Whoa. Lois is already pregnant? Tank will hate that.

But, for what it's worth, I don't.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting premise. I like Pilot rewrites, when Clark and Lois get together in the beginning. And is Lois pregnant? Wow, they didn't waste any time. I'd like to see like Perry, Jimmy and Cat are going to react to the news. Mad Dog Lane pregnant by a hack of nowheresville? goofy

Quite proud of the fact that... Daddy didn’t hear.
Cute girl. smile

“And don’t be surprised if it... changes.”

“Changes?”

“Well, that photo won’t be taken for another three years. Anything could happen in that time.”
Uh-oh. I don't like it. What is going to happen? eek

Whoa. Lois is already pregnant? Tank will hate that.
LOL! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Very interesting. I'm looking forward to reading more!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Andreia:
“And don’t be surprised if it... changes.”

“Changes?”

“Well, that photo won’t be taken for another three years. Anything could happen in that time.”
Uh-oh. I don't like it. What is going to happen? eek
That depends. How epic do you want this fic? At the rate I'm writing ... 2 parts over 12 hours ... this could get seriously long. laugh

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, love this premise - the older, married Lois and Clark in the bodies of their young counterparts! And Lois is pregnant already? I don't know, but I always get a kick out of seeing her get pregnant (well, with Clark's child, of course). Anti-Tank, I suppose!

I really look forward to the rest of this story! thumbsup

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That depends. How epic do you want this fic? At the rate I'm writing ... 2 parts over 12 hours ... this could get seriously long.
I *love* epics. laugh Since Lois and Clark are together, you can do it seriously long. hyper I'm not going to complain. wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, you've caught my attention. Great beginning to what looks to be a very intriguing story.

I really shouldn't be reading anymore stories right now, I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with the ones I've been following as it is.

blush But I couldn't help myself.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, this is a really fun story! I'm sorry I missed it when you posted it first. smile Definitely looking forward to seeing the next parts of it! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Speaking of which... Sammy, where *is* the next part of it?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Don't worry, PJ, the next part is on it's way. Just have to get it back from my new BR (wave Olympe). Unfortunately, the story may not be weekly as I had promised originally. Perhaps fortnightly would be better. Olympe is ten hours behind me so essentially my day is her night and vice versa.

But don't worry, the part is completed and Olympe will hopefully give the go ahead within the next 24 hours. My fault, I just sent her last version at 1am her time. >_<

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard