Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39198 02/15/07 05:21 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
YAY!!!!!! JoJo's fic is up! rotflol

Standing in front of Mr. Nibbles, he crossed his arms and gave the dog his hardest Superman stare. Clark figured it worked on hardened criminals, so it should work on a small dog. What he was forgetting though, was the fact that this dog lived with Ellen Lane. Any human, plant, or animal that could survive that type of environment could easily deflect something so mundane. After five minutes Clark gave up.
Sadly, I can believe this! <g>

Bacon? LOL!

Ooh, and this:

The only answer he got was another beautiful but guilty smile. He was really starting to hate that smile.
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Poor Clark will do anything for that smile. laugh

This is great, Jo! Keep it Up! smile

~•~
#39199 02/15/07 05:37 AM
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Lol, funny. Using Superman to intimidate a poodle, hehe.

This is even more interesting because yesterday I just happened to think of a story idea that relates to dogs. Now I'll have to write it up!

#39200 02/15/07 05:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute Jojo!

In all seriousness, Clark was not afraid of the dog, but he didn't want the animal to hurt itself if it tried to bite him. He could almost imagine Lois’ reaction when he told her why the dog was missing two front teeth while he didn’t have a mark on him. It was almost enough to make him smile.
Ha ha ha! It made me smile - LOL actually.

And I loved fearless reporter Lois Lane's reaction - jumping and hiding behind Clark. Hah.

And the bacon being 'manna from heaven' comment? That was hilarious! And so true with a lot of men - my hubby included. He bows and scrapes before me if I make him bacon on the weekends with his eggs and toast. <g> (And definitely true with dogs - I know that first hand. <g>)

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#39201 02/15/07 06:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ:

[Linked Image]

That's all I'm saying... lol

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#39202 02/15/07 09:04 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Does Peta know about that wink ?

All the same, a very cute idea, and one I'm interested in reading about. Keep it up

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#39203 02/15/07 09:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! Oh, Jojo! That's hilarious! I had to clap my hand over my mouth so I didn't alarm my co-workers.

Too funny! laugh

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#39204 02/15/07 06:19 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
This is a lot of fun. Mr. Nibbles? Genius idea for a name...

#39205 02/16/07 05:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm so glad you posted! I'm sorry it took me so long to finally manage to get here and post feedback.

Clark figured it worked on hardened criminals, so it should work on a small dog. What he was forgetting though, was the fact that this dog lived with Ellen Lane. Any human, plant, or animal that could survive that type of environment could easily deflect something so mundane.
I know it's been quoted already, but I loved that part. It had me laughing like crazy. smile Maybe Superman should start sending criminals to board with Ellen instead of handing them over to the authorities? LOL!

She supposed he had used some sort of Kansas voodoo on the dog.
And this... Kansas voodoo! hehehe! That was an excellent one!!

I've told you privately before, but I'm really loving this story so far and I can't wait to see what happens next. smile I hope Lois does get herself in a little bit of trouble. hehe! It's amusing when she does - because she hates it and because she's too proud to admit when she's wrong. It's just funny. smile And I love to see Clark tease her about it. hehe! Sorry Lois... wink

I'll be checking my inbox for the next chapter. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#39206 02/16/07 07:53 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by woody:
[QB] Does Peta know about that wink ?
PETA, that stands for "People eating tasty animals", right?

Cute story, JoJo.

This is a hilarious topic for a story -- I've also wondered about Perry's oft-repeated threat of covering dog shows and I think Lois should *definitely* find something shady behind it. Imagine, Lois finally wins that illusive Pulizer for covering a dog show ... rotflol

Loved the interaction between L&C and Mr. Nibbles: Lois gets along with her mother's dog about as well as she gets along with her mother ... :rolleyes:

BJ

#39207 02/16/07 08:07 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
PETA is People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, but what they stand for depends on your definition of ethics. Eating them could be ethical.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#39208 02/16/07 08:33 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Imagine, Lois finally wins that illusive Pulizer for covering a dog show ...
If this story ended that way, I would die laughing. That'd be just hilarious.

Great first part, by the way! Can't wait to read more!

#39209 02/16/07 08:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you all for the fdk! I wasn’t really expecting much off this one. I felt a bit silly posting it. ^_~

Queen of Capes: Yay! I’m glad you are enjoying it so far

This is even more interesting because yesterday I just happened to think of a story idea that relates to dogs. Now I'll have to write it up!
VSP: Oh please do! I almost put up the first half of this chapter in the challenge section and asked people to write the ending. There are so many ways this could go. I fear mine is probably going to be lighthearted and not at all serious. I do think it would be interesting to see someone do a serious piece though. laugh

And the bacon being 'manna from heaven' comment? That was hilarious! And so true with a lot of men - my hubby included. He bows and scrapes before me if I make him bacon on the weekends with his eggs and toast.
My boyfriend Ryan does the same thing. We once found a pack of 10lb bacon and I thought he was going to have a bacongasm in the store. I had to convince him that there was no way we could eat all that before it went bad and console him with a smaller pack.

Woody: We don’t have to tell peta do we? ^_~ Thanks for the fdk

Shayne: Yeah I had to think of some silly name for a small dog. He was almost Captain Pancakes… I have a stuffed mouse from when I was a kid named Nibblet that inspired this name though. smile

I know it's been quoted already, but I loved that part. It had me laughing like crazy. Maybe Superman should start sending criminals to board with Ellen instead of handing them over to the authorities? LOL!
Haha, that probably would be an effective method to rehabilitate them. ^_~

I'll be checking my inbox for the next chapter.
It will sadly be a while I think. I have to poke at my muse to try to get them to inspire something soon. I’ll be honest and tell you I have no clue where the next part is going to take me. LOL >_<

PETA, that stands for "People eating tasty animals", right?
That’s my definition anyway. I have to have something to eat that is meat with every meal or I get cranky.

This is a hilarious topic for a story -- I've also wondered about Perry's oft-repeated threat of covering dog shows and I think Lois should *definitely* find something shady behind it. Imagine, Lois finally wins that illusive Pulizer for covering a dog show ...
LOL, well it would teach Perry a lesson wouldn’t it?

Mercy: I'm not sure where it is going to go yet... but we will see. ^_^ Thanks for the fdk!

Thanks again guys! I’m sorry I can give you a definite time schedule on this but I’ll try my best!

#39210 02/16/07 04:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It will sadly be a while I think. I have to poke at my muse to try to get them to inspire something soon.
Well... here's somehing for the muse:

wildguy wildguy wildguy

How's that for poking? *lol*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#39211 02/16/07 04:31 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Very funny laugh And I agree Lois really should find a story there- maybe even a pulitzer winner. That would just be so ironic.

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
#39212 02/18/07 04:59 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
clap

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#39213 02/18/07 05:04 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Seriously (or not, since this is hilarious), I love this! Love the 'dog show' concept. It fits in with Lois and Clark so well, I wonder why no one else thought of it before. You're downright brilliant!

The thought of dealing with any dog tough enough to survive Ellen Lane is pretty scary indeed. And Mr. Nibbles can probably get his own kibble, thank you very much.

Have you ever seen the 'mockumentary' "Best In Show?" It's all about the animals and the people involved in show dog competitions (like "This Is Spinal Tap" was about rock bands) and it's almost as funny as this story. I hope your muse likes chocolate and bubble baths. Or maybe you could get a certain someone to share some strawberries and cream?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#39214 02/19/07 04:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you for the review Terry!

I have seen Best in Show and that is where I stole the name for the fic because I'm creative like that. That movie mad me laugh pretty hard. In truth one day I started thinking about two things: One that the planes in Metropolis were not very sturdy (or their industry standards are very low) and two that there were way to many dog shows there as well. So the idea was born.

Sadly, mine was going to be a totally silly piece but you guys have gotten me thinking a little so we will see how it turns out.

~Jojo, who has no clue what is coming next and needs to start writing. ^_^

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard