Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I love the interaction between Becca and Lois, and the contrast between that and Clark's simultaneous experience.

Looking forward to chapter nine!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
Somehow I think Becca's going to end up being involved in getting them together.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Columnist
Columnist
cute little piece. I want more of Lois and Becca. smile1

And hope Clark tells her his secret. They'll be roommates soon. :-)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

Without Lois, Superman would have been merely Clark. He would have kissed Becca goodnight, knowing that there were people needing his help. Every step would have been full of restrained power, like a watchdog leaning into the hard chains that were tying him to his house. It would have been worse, because he would have forced himself to watch the horrible pictures on TV. He would have felt even more useless than he already felt as he was flying high up in the sky, carrying the bodies of those that had been lucky enough to escape death.
It’s beautiful he think of her like that. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
If Lois has "moved in" with Clark, then he needs to trust her with his secret. I'm almost positive that she won't be leaving his apartment for long. I can see Lois becoming the mother that Becca needs and she has already subconsciously started the job.

Please post again soon! hyper

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Didn't I reply to this? Sorry, Barbara!

Lois gasped in surprise. “Get rid of me? My behavior must have been worse than I ever thought.” She chuckled. “Do you still want to get rid of me, Becca?”

The girl shook her head. “Not anymore. I think Daddy likes you, so you must be nice.” She shrugged. “That doesn’t mean we’re even.” She grinned. “It was *my* Sunday, that day.”
Hah! I love the way they're talking about this. Lois is chuckling and Becca is grinning!

“So you are no good at telling stories, huh? If you don’t even know Mother Holle,” Becca stated, teasingly.

“You could tell *me* the story, instead,” Lois replied.

“I thought storytelling was your job tonight? Is there anything you’re good at?” Becca asked, grinning.

“I’m good at a lot of things!” Lois answered back. “I’m a prize winning investigative reporter! I’m good at tae-kwon-doe!”
I love this, too. Lois and Becca are sure getting comfortable around each other.

Lois was surprised. Why did she care what Becca thought about her anyway? But somehow the girl managed to make Lois feel like she still was a child. Lois suddenly saw her with different eyes, not with those of an adult. She noticed that Becca was one of the girls everyone wanted to be friends with. The seven year old Lois Lane would ahve adored Becca. But that didn’t mean Becca was shallow. Lois could imagine that Becca chose her friends well.
This is really interesting.

The two of them had the first real conversation ever. Surprisingly it was a heart-to-heart one, candid and frank. Lois considered this an important step. She was glad that obviously she wasn’t at a complete loss in dealing with children. Becca told her about her life with her father, their moving around and she explained everything about the fight. The girl was incredibly honest; she easily admitted her own mistakes. Lois hadn’t been able to talk so freely when she had been seven. It was still quite difficult for her to confess that she had done something wrong.
Eh. There's a bit of "Lois-needs-to-be-shown-the-error-of-her-ways" to this. Since I'm the world's greatest Lois fan, I'm not entirely happy to have that aspect of her personality emphasized or to be made to feel that Lois is the problem in the Clark/Lois relationship. Yes, yes, I know: the LnC show certainly portrayed their relationship that way, and this fan site is dedicated to LnC.

He helped wherever he could. This wasn’t anything that threatened to go beyond his physical powers, but it drained him nonetheless. He had to go on, because every pause he took to give in to the grief that was threatening to pull him down could cost the lives of more innocent people. And they wouldn’t understand his weakness. He wasn’t human and moreover the most powerful being on this planet. What could possibly give him the right to be weak? Nothing, he mused, and he continued his work.
How moving this is. No, the world certainly wouldn't allow Superman to be weak. They would just take his help for granted and expect him to give ever more of himself.

He needed Lois and not only because she had come right in time to spare him the nightmare in his own apartment. He also looked forward to the opportunity to talk to her about all this. He wouldn’t give her all the nasty little details. Clark could write them instead even though this could cause another disagreement between him and Lois. She wouldn’t understand why Clark received all the news about the terrible accident. But he couldn’t explain this to the fragile, amazing woman that he was going to meet after this disaster.
Yeah, well... he could tell her he is Superman, you know.

Superman was devastated when he returned form his rescue. Lots of people had died and it wasn’t really soothing him that it would have been a lot worse without him. He didn’t know whether to fly quickly or slowly. Quickly in order to escape the horrible place, slowly because he didn’t know how to face Lois right now. He couldn’t tell if he would be able to pull the heroic face that a Superman was supposed to wear. His disguise had never been weaker than today. Superman probably had never seemed to be more human and at the same time had never felt so alien. He was returning home alone, there wasn’t even the possibility of discussing this with his colleagues. Fire fighters weren’t really his co-workers and those who were could never know about this.
So he might consider talking to Lois. And being honest with her, too.

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks!!! I'm glad you liked this part.

Eh. There's a bit of "Lois-needs-to-be-shown-the-error-of-her-ways" to this. Since I'm the world's greatest Lois fan, I'm not entirely happy to have that aspect of her personality emphasized or to be made to feel that Lois is the problem in the Clark/Lois relationship. Yes, yes, I know: the LnC show certainly portrayed their relationship that way, and this fan site is dedicated to LnC.
That's not the way I see her, Ann. I was more generally describing Lois personality, not its influence on her relationship with Clark.
Lois is stubborn and I don't think that she can easily admit that her opinion is wrong. As to their relationship...They know each other for a little over a month now, and Lois is already seeing that she feels attracted to Clark. The official Lois wouldn't do that.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fun in Boston? hehe - I'm not real sure about that, but I'm OK. smile

I thought it was so cute that Lois sang Becca a song. smile And you picked such a wonderful song, too! A lot better than a fairy tale. hehe! And I'm really glad that Lois and Becca are getting along better.

I love the changes you made since I read the first version of this, btw. I'm sure you know which ones I mean. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww! The part where she sings to her is just sweet! I loved it. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
His appointment was taking awfully long.
Gonna have to tell her, Clark!

Ah, Barbara, you just had me smiling and smiling during the scene with Lois and Becca.

This wasn’t anything that threatened to go beyond his physical powers, but it drained him nonetheless. He had to go on, because every pause he took to give in to the grief that was threatening to pull him down could cost the lives of more innocent people.
Poor Clark. He needs Lois!

He wouldn’t give her all the nasty little details. Clark could write them instead even though this could cause another disagreement between him and Lois.
I smell trouble when Clark gets the big scoop...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard