Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Neat story! I'd love a sequel from Clark's POV with his reaction!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, most definitely a sequel. Very nice story!!!

I enjoyed Lois' talk with her unborn child, her excitement, her insecurities. This was very moving, and certainly waffy.

Well done, please come back with more!!!! grovel

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
Awwww, Lisa. <sniffle> That was sweet.

Although I did laugh at this:
But the first person who gave me a maternity outfit with fuzzy bunnies on it was dead.
Did you mean baby outfit? Because the image of Lois wearing something with a fluffy bunny on it just killed me. I can't even imagine her subjecting an innocent child to that kind of horror. laugh

Nicely done!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, Puppy Dog Lane has arrived. She's still got the Mad Dog part in there, she just lets it out less often.

You seem to capture the emotion (can't know for sure-no personal experience) of such discovery so wonderfully.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I concur! We need to see Clark's reaction. ^_^

Great job lady!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I join the clamoring for a sequel!

Great story! The emotions are expressed so delicately.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
That had to be one of most cruel, and horrifying things I've ever read.

Who could be so evil as to wish a (gasp!)baby onto someone like Lois. She used to have so much to live for.

For me, I can only hope that Lois' waking up next to Clark means that this was just a horrible nightmare.

Tank (who will never understand some people's unnatural desire to ruin Lois' and Clark's lives with the addition of children)

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Told you it cried out for a sequel! The people have spoken, my friend. Get back to that keyboard laugh

You know I love this, Lisa. You got it just right - that marvelous exhilaration mixed with new fears that never really let go of you. Having a child really is like having your heart walking around outside your body, and I love seeing Lois's dawning realization of that in this story. At the same time, you keep her Lois Lane-ness intact, and I love that, too. "Lay down some ground rules" indeed!

So I shall formally echo the others in requesting a sequel. You have the right touch for it, and I'd truly love to see it.

Caroline

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh Lisa, that was absolutely lovely!

In the still of the night. What a lovely title. And that setting - an empty, dark house - made the reality of what - of who - was slowly filling Lois from within that much stronger, that much more palpable, that much more real. It was so perfectly natural that Lois would speak to the miniature child inside her, just old enough to show up in the pregnancy test. I absolutely loved how Lois's thumbs and index fingers formed a heart shape around her belly-button when she placed her hands on her stomach, and how she snorted when she saw it - but she did not remove her hands. Like everyone has pointed out already, Lois is full of awe and love for her child, but she is still Lois, all right.

Love it! I, too, very much want to see a sequel.

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
I call for a sequel also, if only to be "cruel" to Tank. It'd be a Tank ending for him.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yup, definitely needs a sequel.

This was just magnificient, Lisa!! So, anyway - why was it that you're not posting more often again? You've got my vote for lots and lots more... smile

clap clap

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooh! I loved it! The whole automatic motherly side of Lois just came out naturally, and though it surprised her, it certainly gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. I love how you had her being so careful to walk down the stairs, about her first "talk" with the baby, and how she's trying to lay down these rules that "will be kept." Lol.

This was so sweet. I loved how you wrote it. Thank you so much for sharing!

SmirkyRaven

Columnist
Columnist
Aw, I absolutely loved this. So sweet, and so very Lois. This *definitely* needs a sequel!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL!
wildguy wildguy wildguy

Wonderful writing!
- Formerly Hasini, now a melted puddle of goo.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Nice to meet you, melted puddle of goo. Do you need some legal papers for that state-change?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very sweet - the lovely romance of motherhood smile Nicely written, too. See the baby's going to be nurtured on chocolate ice cream. laugh

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Lisa, that was so tender and well-written. Reminds me of why I've missed updates on your other story <DJ glares at Lisa>. Laramoon asked why you aren't posting more again... Well, Lara, she has a lovely longer story that she's working on, that I have been beta reading and she keeps threatening that it won't see the light of day. Maybe you can jump on the bandwagon and help me poke her a little.

<poke> wildguy

Hey, and I bet Tank would like the long story you're writing - not a baby/kid in sight. <g>

Lisa, I just loved this line (for some strange, deranged reason):

not caring that my laptop had hit the ground with a hard thunk
Ohhhh, horrors! Her poor laptop!!! laugh

Great job! I'll be watching my inbox. wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Hmm, somebody didnt use "precautions" , obviously.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Ahh, lovely feedback. Life is good.

Thank you for all your kind comments - even yours, Tank. wink They made me feel all warm and happy and SQUEE! inside.

Sequel? What is this sequel you speak of? dizzy

I am thinking about it. If I do it, I want it to be from Clark's POV and I am not sure how well I can get into his head. So, we'll see.

Did you mean baby outfit? Because the image of Lois wearing something with a fluffy bunny on it just killed me. I can't even imagine her subjecting an innocent child to that kind of horror.
Me either! Although I was thinking specifically of clothes for Lois to wear while pregnant, not clothes for the baby. My mom was pregnant in the 90s and it drove her nuts that most of the maternity clothes at the time had cutesy themes. I think the designs may be somewhat better now.

Thanks again, everybody!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I call for a sequel also, if only to be "cruel" to Tank. It'd be a Tank ending for him.
[Linked Image]

Tank and I share a similar aversion to baby fic, but I felt guilty commenting on Woody's post in your fdk thread, Lisa, so I had to go read. laugh

And this was pretty darn cute. This was just perfectly Lois, her reactions were completely in character. I like this:

This was going to require chocolate.
whinging

Yup, I think this one is going into my not-exactly-full folder of baby fic that are exceptions to my no-interest rule. laugh

Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard