Next Thread
Print Thread
#38741 02/08/07 05:50 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
You know, this started out as something that might be light and fluffy, a funny story about two men in one suit. I expected a happy romp full of jokes and funny misunderstandings and lots of Lois trying to figure out what's going on.

But it's not that simple, is it?

Even with the humor ("Don't use that tone of thought with me!") this isn't light-hearted. This has turned very serious very quickly. The impersonal hero and the very human-feeling Clark won't be able to co-exist for much longer, and I wonder how you plan to resolve this dilemma.

This is an excellent premise, and I hope you continue soon. I'm eager to know where you're going with this.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#38742 02/08/07 06:47 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is really interesting, Vincent.

Superman has always been a slightly schizophrenic sort of superhero. And Clark Kent, honestly, has been not a few blades of lettuce short of a full sandwich, but has rather come equipped with an extra head of something, whether it is lettuce or not. It has sometimes been disquieting. Now you have taken Superman's split personality to its logical conclusion: now our favorite Kryptonian from Kansas really suffers from a full-fledged multiple personality syndrome.

Like Terry, I'm definitely interested in where you are taking this. Unlike Terry, I don't really like LnC stories that don't end well, particularly if they don't end well for Lois. Don't take that as a suggestion about what direction you should be taking this story, but take it, instead, as a very minor warning that you might, perhaps, sort of misplace me as a reader if, uh.... Ah, you get it.

I really like the premise of this. Like Terry, I appreciate the feeling of comedy and farce, but like Terry, I can see that this is really not funny at all. Will Clark and Superman be able to merge and become merely aspects of one and the same man, not two wildly different personalities somewhat unhappily inhabiting the same body? I would surely appreciate it if Lois would be able to help Clark and Superman become one man.

As I said, this is a hugely interesting premise!

Ann

#38743 02/08/07 11:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute. I hope you keep adding to it. It vould be very intesting. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#38744 02/08/07 05:15 PM
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Originally posted by TOC:

Unlike Terry, I don't really like LnC stories that don't end well, particularly if they don't end well for Lois. Don't take that as a suggestion about what direction you should be taking this story, but take it, instead, as a very minor warning that you might, perhaps, sort of misplace me as a reader if, uh.... Ah, you get it.
Hmm, I actually feel the same way, although not because of any aversion to "bad" endings. It just has to do with the tone of the original, I guess - for example, I would never write a Romeo and Juliet fic where Romeo and Juliet live happily ever after.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard