Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#38157 01/29/07 10:56 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Yay, you did it! I told you I had faith in you! wink

Thanks to Jessi for helping me brainstorm over the week-end and for "helping" me find new and wonderful ways of procrastinating.
LOL, my pleasure! Helping you procrastinate has turned into my own special form of procrastination!

He'd let a really big hint drop a few weeks ago when he had mumbled that she'd be surprised at how good he'd look, clad in flashy spandex tights.
Mmmm, and how very good he does...

The one where a one-year-old Clark, coming out of the tub, was wrapped in a yellow towel with nothing showing of him but two big brown eyes and his bare bottoms. That... was Superman? In a yellow towel. Coming out of the bathtub. Oh, dear God! That cute little baby tushy in the picture... was Superman's.
This simultaneously makes me squeal at the sheer cuteness (I can just *see* the picture) and roll on the floor from laughter.

I love Lois' reaction. Lex must be thinking she's gone absolutely insane!

Oh, he was dreamy all right - and then some!
Yeesh, took you long enough to see the light, Lois!

and that eyesore of a tie.
Is it that blue one with the... the... loaves of bread or whatever we finally decided it might be? XD

Although she'd put two and two together and had come up with the conclusion that Clark and Superman were one and the same, she needed to have confirmation. Absolute confirmation.
Uh huh. Is that what they're calling it nowadays?

"Oh, oh, wait. I get it! This is another one of your little tests, isn't it? Who do you think I am, this week, Lois? Nightwing? Because I can tell you right away, I'm not. We've already established that I'm not Batman and I'm not Green Arrow. And there's no such thing as this spider-kid who clings to walls - he's just a myth. And obviously, I'm not Wonder Woman... So, tell me: who do you think I am, this week, Lois?"
You made it work! Hehe, love this part.

While she no longer finds anything even remotely funny about seeing Superman, to this day, Lois Lane most definitely still feels a little weak in the knees at the sight of Clark Kent.
Awww, I told you before but this line is absolutely adorable. Love that, too.

No "D"? frown

Ah well, just as long as you get to working on those other things I'll be okay. smile1

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great ending, Lara. I loved it. And I can just see that little boy in the yellow towel.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very funny, Lara, very funny! My mother told me, when I was dating the woman who is now my wife, that she had once had a picture of me at age one or so, naked on a bearskin rug, and that I, as a six-year-old, had found the picture and destroyed it out of shame.

I really don't remember doing that, but then, I don't remember much about being six, so I bought it. If that photo with the yellow towel was as embarrassing as I imagine it to be, I'm surprised it survived Clark discovering his heat vision.

So, when is the next chapter going up? Let's see, "D," hmm, what about "Details, details, details," the story of Clark and Lois learning to hide his dual identity as they try to keep Lucy from learning the real truth about Clark. Sound okay to you?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww! I loved it! I can just see Lois cracking up when she sees Superman. Bet it's a twist for him not to have her falling at his feet. :p Great job and now I'm off to read part A and B. smile1

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thanks guys! Having an awful night (well, it was nice until about an hour ago - I hate getting the call to do tech support at 9PM! *sigh) anyway... thanks for the comments, it really cheered me up!!

Thanks Jessi for starting an fdk thread again. smile ...and for writing the comments fast enough that I could read them before I left the office. Totally worth missing my usual bus and having to take the super long route instead. laugh

This simultaneously makes me squeal at the sheer cuteness (I can just *see* the picture) and roll on the floor from laughter.
hehe - now you know how I feel!

And yeah, Lex must have thought she'd gone off her rocker. But who really cares what Lex thinks? Don't you know - I'm in the "I hate Lex Luthor" fan club. wink

and that eyesore of a tie.
-------------------------
Is it that blue one with the... the... loaves of bread or whatever we finally decided it might be? XD
Right episode, wrong tie... But you know... that would be my favorite eyesore, so let's say that's the one. *lol*

Yep, yep, found a way to insert the whole bit of dialog about the superheroes. Glad I did, too, cause I thought it was rather amusing. smile

As for the "weak at the knees" bit - you know... just the though of *those arms* and I'll be useless for a good few minutes, so really... hehe!

Waves @ Lisa. goofy Send some over and we'll talk. *lol*

Thanks again for the comments. Love 'ya!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
I'm not through yet, but I have to tell you how much I love this bit:
Clark gave her a look of concern. "Lois? Are you OK?" he asked, getting up and hurrying over to her. It had just occurred to him that he could very well be the one to blame for her sudden malaise. He had kissed Lois mere minutes after having inhaled a 100% solution of "Revenge"... How much of it could have been left on his breath? What sort of effect could this have had on her? How could he have been so careless?
rotflol

And this bit:
And obviously, I'm not Wonder Woman...
Will we get the pic? Please?

Over the next few days, while the sight of Clark Kent unfailingly made Lois weak in the knees, the sight of Superman, however, kept throwing her into a fit of giggles. She could simply not get the baby picture out of her mind! Other reporters soon started asking why Lois kept laughing and why it seemed to embarrass Superman to such a degree that he always fled the scene at super-speed. Lois had served them some ridiculous story about having witnessed Superman, who, wanting to help an old woman across a street, had been hit over the head by the lady's handbag, startled and scared as she was at the sight of this unknown man in an odd ski suit and a cape. They hadn't really bought it at all, but it was all Lois would say and they knew better than to ask Superman himself.

While she no longer finds anything even remotely funny about seeing Superman, to this day, Lois Lane most definitely still feels a little weak in the knees at the sight of Clark Kent.
Just give me your address, and I'm going to do just that! (Okay, I'm kidding. The shipping would be much more expensive than the actual chocolate. What a waste!)
Well, how about this: [Linked Image]

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Mellie! Thanks for the comments. smile

And obviously, I'm not Wonder Woman...
---------------------
Will we get the pic? Please?
Oh yeah. smile I have not forgotten! I went looking the other day for her costume in 3D and I've had the files on my desktop since then. I just need to find time to mess with that a little bit.

Well, how about this: [Linked Image]
YUM! smile So... "Details," I guess? Let me finish my other stories first and I'll look into that. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol This story is priceless!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Haven't had a chance to read this yet, but I'll be back with feedback.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Nice story, Lara. I liked that the kiss made Lois figure the truth. This was very funny!

Clark telling Lois that he wasn't any of those other heroes she came up with.

But you could do a sequel. There is a German- italian comedian who is actually at his eigth or even ninth part of his triology wink So never mind, you can beat him, huh?

smile1

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lara, I'm sorry I seem to have no time or energy these days... but I loved your story, I really did! I thought it was just great that when Lois's other senses were galactically stupid, her "kiss-sensory perception" worked just excellently! Yes!!!

And I, too, went aawwww when you described baby Clark in that yellow towel. Absolutely adorable!!!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thank you!

You know what? It just so happens I noticed the very last line of "Blind... as a Bat!" which says:

And she'd enjoy every second of his confession, she thought with a sly smile.

So I guess I owe her a confession. The things we do to keep our characters happy, I tell you! *lol*

Don't all start doing the happy dance just yet, though. I have other stories in my head that I need to get out first or I'll forget them. Really too bad I don't own a pensieve...

~.~.~.~

Darcy, I'm glad you liked it! smile

And Nancy, I hope you'll be back. hehehe!

Barbara - I'm not sure about 8 or 9... I can try... If I hadn't already done the actual revelation yet, I might have said "hey what the hell, I can shoot for 42" but... you know...

Ann - thanks! He really is awwww! in that yellow towel. Trust me, he's so adorable it's beyond words. (in *my* head, anyway!)

Thanks guys! Love ya!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In case anyone is actually still interested in this... I've done it way too quick and it's not very good at all. Don't ask me for a better one, please. I'm about as ready to make a new one as I am to continue this series. (suddenly rather depressed, really... *sigh*)

[Linked Image]

I hope it's worth a giggle or two.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh wow, Lara!!! That was just about the funniest and most awesome piece of cross-dressing I've ever seen!!!!!

smile1 dance

(Love your new avatar, too.)

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
I agree. So it's not Jonathan who's the cross-dresser in the family.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm back!

She had been kissed by Superman. Kissed. By Superman.
Do we get hot little love scenes because of this pheromone kiss (as I’ve been told happened in ‘some’ other story)? rotflol Oh, my... Love those Superman kisses...

Okay, she has found out that Clark is Superman in Pheromone, My Lovely. So what happens now in Honeymoon in Metropolis? Oh, please, you really must write that.

But there it was and, what was more, she was absolutely certain that she was right. Superman was also Clark Kent.
smile Those kisses were familiar, eh?

his bare bottoms
hehe... Does he have more than one bottom?

If only she hadn't seen the baby pictures!
Those baby pictures will do it! Maybe Clark needs to rustle up some baby pictures of Lois!

She had looked up at Clark and, for the very first time since she'd met him, she'd actually really *seen* him. What was it Lucy had said about him? That he was "dreamy"? Oh, he was dreamy all right - and then some!
Oh, yeah... And then some!

Ahh.... And Clark is worried about her because he thinks he could have harmed her. He’s such a great guy!

that eyesore of a tie.
I like Clark’s ties!!!

Nightwing?
Well, no...

no such thing as this spider-kid who clings to walls
I want a story where Clark meets that spider kid who clings to walls....

I'm not Wonder Woman.
Definitely not, but we sure got a great pic...

Lois had served them some ridiculous story about having witnessed Superman, who, wanting to help an old woman across a street, had been hit over the head by the lady's handbag, startled and scared as she was at the sight of this unknown man in an odd ski suit and a cape.
That vision is just so funny! So does Clark know why she is really laughing?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks guys. I'm glad you had a good laugh. He really looks nothing like Clark, though... I could have done a lot better. *sigh*

Do we get hot little love scenes because of this pheromone kiss (as I’ve been told happened in ‘some’ other story)?
If you're talking about Smallville, here... I will say only this: I am so pissed that they had Lois recognize Clark after kissing him. It's the second time I write something only to find they have it on the show the week right after. Makes me look like I copied off them again. BLAH.

Okay, she has found out that Clark is Superman in Pheromone, My Lovely. So what happens now in Honeymoon in Metropolis? Oh, please, you really must write that.
I have ideas for two more vignettes. Including one that is mostly about Batman. Mind you, my head really isn't into writing at this time, so I'm not sure when you'll get those - but the ideas popped into my head last night and I've written them down in my notebook, so I won't forget them and I'll work on them eventually.

This being said, none of these 2 happen during HiM. On the other hand, I've got plans to fix the mess I made of Ring Of Truth - which was in HiM - and it's most definitely going to turn into an nfic, so you'll definitely be reading some HiM from me. wink

hehe... Does he have more than one bottom?
Sorry, I got lost in translation there, I guess. I'll go fix it. smile

I like Clark’s ties!!!
So do I. wink It's Lois who doesn't. Then again, now that she knows they are *Superman's* she might like them? LOL

I want a story where Clark meets that spider kid who clings to walls....
I have about 10 paragraphs written for one of those. I put it away because I thought it sucked. I might try and see if I can save it, sometime. smile

I'm not Wonder Woman.
------------------------
Definitely not, but we sure got a great pic...
I wonder if I should say that I'm working on a virtual Clark? One that looks like him and has a texture that's... well... him... That makes me look really geeky and crazy, doesn't it? Yeah, thought so. If my real life wasn't so pathetic, I might not be trying to create a virtual doll to play with...

That vision is just so funny! So does Clark know why she is really laughing?
Oh yeah. He knows. I might write about that...

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Having just edited this one for the Archive, I have to add some fdk. I thought it was cute and sweet and very funny. Brightened up my afternoon reading it.

As for baby Clark in that yellow towel with his butt peeking out - am I the only sad individual who momentarily translated that image in my head to an adult Clark for a second or two before adjusting it to match the story? I had to turn the desk fan up a notch or two.

Now, I'm going to have to find a moment to go read the first two, Lara.

As for making your way through the alphabet - well Pam had to, so no reason you should get away with it! laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mystery writer Sue Grafton has an alphabetic novel series going for her fictional detective Kinsey Milhone. It started with "A is for Alibi" and the most recent published title was "S is for Silence." They're almost as good as these stories.

So, you have a little more left to do, Lara. Do try to keep up, won't you?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Do we get hot little love scenes because of this pheromone kiss (as I’ve been told happened in ‘some’ other story)?
If you're talking about Smallville, here... I will say only this: I am so pissed that they had Lois recognize Clark after kissing him. It's the second time I write something only to find they have it on the show the week right after. Makes me look like I copied off them again. BLAH.
laugh I was actually referring to Merry Christmas, Lois Lane... But I think you posted this before Crimson, didn’t you? (I guess like they say though - great minds think alike. I’ve seen DJ do very Smallville like things and she doesn’t watch it.)

Ring Of Truth
Did I miss that one?

I have about 10 paragraphs written for one of those. I put it away because I thought it sucked. I might try and see if I can save it, sometime.
It seems like there was another crossover story you were going to do, wasn’t there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard