Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37270 01/14/07 01:27 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
How old is poor David again?

"David, there comes a time in every man's life when a bee flies from flower to flower..."
Like that’s gonna work, Clark...

David nodded. He was following, though still somewhat bemused. "So that's what sodomy is, then?"
Bet the kid already knows.

"Jeffrey Morgansen's dad said that you being married to Mom was a terrible sodomy," David elaborated. "So what is it, and why is it so terrible?"
rotflol Jeffery got something wrong, David...

"Some people think that, since I'm from another planet, that I'm breaking those rules by being with your mother.
Ah, everybody knows!

Though maybe next time," he softly muttered, "we could try for something simpler, like where babies come from."

"Oh, I already know about that," David replied off-handedly as he climbed off of Clark's lap.

The mortified look returned to Clark's face. "You do?"

"Sure," David shrugged, apparently baffled at his father's sudden state of ignorance. "Remember, Dad? You took me to the museum when they put your rocket on display."

"Wha-----" Clark groaned as realization sunk in, and David just cheerfully grabbed the remote.
rotflol

Still not quite sure Clark explained, but I love how he handled it.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#37271 01/14/07 01:34 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Though maybe next time," he softly muttered, "we could try for something simpler, like where babies come from."

"Oh, I already know about that," David replied off-handedly as he climbed off of Clark's lap.

The mortified look returned to Clark's face. "You do?"

"Sure," David shrugged, apparently baffled at his father's sudden state of ignorance. "Remember, Dad? You took me to the museum when they put your rocket on display."

"Wha-----" Clark groaned as realization sunk in, and David just cheerfully grabbed the remote.
LOL
That totally cracked me up! This little David got it right; babies come from the sky in spaceships! The stork mythos is definitely old! LOL
I bet Clark couldn't have explained it better anyway. He wasn't doing so good with his "bees and flowers" explanation...

#37272 01/14/07 04:52 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL
That totally cracked me up! This little David got it right; babies come from the sky in spaceships! The stork mythos is definitely old! LOL
I bet Clark couldn't have explained it better anyway. He wasn't doing so good with his "bees and flowers" explanation...
Oh Okay, I get it now. I was glad someone wrote about it a bit b/c I was still confused!

Funny part! Poor Clark trying to use the whole bee and flower thing wasn't working out for him, but he tried his best to stick with it. Thumbs up Clark but boy oh boy. Clark's awkwardness made for such a funny story.

Now that I understand the ending - THE ENDING IS FAB!! blush laugh

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#37273 01/14/07 07:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe! Oh, great follow up! smile Very amusing!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#37274 01/14/07 08:32 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww, what a sweet explanation and I love the ending. Hilarious!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#37275 01/14/07 09:44 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Mary, that was awesome. rotflol You had me bursting with laughter after reading David's last statement.

But the whole bees and flowers bit was great as well. The whole time I expected Clark to end up explaining, "Sodomy is when bees try to pollinate bees." But nooo, no such thing. Well, I liked the trees and rocks, too.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#37276 01/14/07 01:47 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
But what a sad story of bigotry. >>Sigh<<

Elisabeth

#37277 01/16/07 03:22 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hey there, Hi here, Ho there! wave
Thanks for the feedback, guys. smile

Originally posted by Classicalla:
How old is poor David again?
I tend to leave the timeline a little ambiguous in these stories, but this is meant to be set somewhere between "Mysteries of Life" and "The Big Debut." So, David's alive, but he has not yet turned 8.

Ah, everybody knows!
Sorry, I negelected to mention: The Universe these vignettes are set in is AltClark's universe. So yep, everyone knows.

But what a sad story of bigotry. >>Sigh<<
*sigh* Yeah. Of course, this is nowhere *near* as sad a story of bigotry s Yvonne's "Purity".
That one is frightening...*shudder* dizzy

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard