Page 1 of 2 1 2
#37109 01/09/07 09:27 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh damn! DJ, I shouldn't start this thread when I have no time to comment, but... hot damn!!!! If this doesn't perk Sue up, nothing will!!!!

Priceless!!! Priceless!!! hyper clap notworthy

Ann

#37110 01/09/07 09:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol -- now there's a fascinating start to a fantasy, err, fanfic! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#37111 01/09/07 10:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
!!!!!!!!!!!!

*loves*

Like Ann said, this is *priceless,* DJ. I think it might be better than NyQuil and orange juice. laugh

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
#37112 01/09/07 10:30 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Whoa! Can't wait for the next part! I sure hope Sue finds the time to read this. It might help her recover...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#37113 01/09/07 10:45 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Is H.G. Wells going to show up in this story (two weeks later, of course)?

would this be considered somewhat of a Mary *Sue*? wink

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#37114 01/09/07 10:49 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
This is wonderful!!!!!

I wish I had a CK in my closet! Hubby might not like it, but maybe we could get that privacy fence in.

Hmm... if CK is in the closet with his hands tied and he can't get loose, does that mean he's not Superman?

Or that Sue has a bunch of Kryptonite laying around?

More please smile .
Carol

#37115 01/09/07 11:10 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Having roused myself from a near-coma, I decided to check on-line. I saw that DJ had a story called "Sick Day" and I had this weird moment of confusion as I tried to figure out what story that could be. Then I opened it and read her disclaimer and I was already starting to laugh.
She tossed the used sandpaper at the trashcan she had next to her bed. It hit the rim and threatened to lean the wrong way.

“Don’t you do it,” she threatened. The Kleenex apparently decided it didn’t want to mess with her, not with the mood she was in today, and it obediently fell into the can.
In point of fact, I gave up on the garbage can (and inanimate objects never obey me). I have three empty water bottles and countless tissues lying on the floor next to my bed. When I return to the land of the living, I'll clean up my mess. Until then, I just wallow...
But only one of his steamier movies. What movie was it she had watched the other evening? It had been very forgettable, plot-wise – but, oh, that love scene.
Ha! The movie, which I got through Netflix weeks ago was "No Alibi" and it was laughably bad. But, uh, yeah, it did include the most promiscuous first date ever. And a glimpse of Dean's butt.
Where had she put that bottle of Nyquil anyway?
The NyQuil is all gone. frown I'm hitting my son's Triaminic now.
Or girl scouts – wait, no, it wasn’t the right time of year for that.
Which is too bad because I would kill for some thin mints right about now.
Never being one to read the card first, Sue opened the box on one end and turned it upside down in her hand.
You're just guessing, I know, but you're absolutely right.
If your heart is wanting and it lacks desire, if you find your circumstances are quite dire – you’re but a pen-stroke from igniting a fire
At which point I would begin to try and figure out how to light it, figuring it must be a pen/lighter combination.
Now, come on, Sue. Be honest. What do you really wish?
That Clark really was in my closet? And that our date ends the same way the one in "No Alibi" did? <g>
She might be drugged up on Nyquil but she was awake enough to know the difference between a dream and reality.
Usually...
Sue passed out.
Gosh, I hope he caught me.

Thanks DJ! It hurts to laugh, but I did it anyway. Although I'm starting to wonder which one of us is "under the influence" here. <heh>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#37116 01/09/07 11:12 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
rotflol

Get well soon Sue, and if anything is too weird in the next chapter, we'll blame in on the nyquil

doublel

#37117 01/09/07 11:29 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
smile1 I want to be Sue, I want to be Sue!! smile1

Yvonne
(who always thought Clark lived under her desk, but is apparently wrong eek )

#37118 01/09/07 11:56 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Sue S.:
Which is too bad because I would kill for some thin mints right about now.
I know it's not REALLY the same, but Keebler's Grasshoppers are actually the same smile .

May have to send DH to get some for me now too smile .
Carol

#37119 01/09/07 12:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue - I hope you get better real soon. smile
And DJ - this is just absolutely... priceless! (yeah, I say this all the time... but I never say anything I don't really mean.)

But only one of his steamier movies. What movie was it she had watched the other evening? It had been very forgettable, plot-wise – but, oh, that love scene. That five minutes had totally made up for the rest of the otherwise pathetic waste of the man’s talents.
No Alibi? Couldn't help but venture a guess... would rate among the steamiest love scenes I've seen. If that ain't it, it's one I haven't seen, so please tell me which so I can go on the hunt for that. hehehe!

EDIT -- read the FDK now, so I know. smile I don't read it first, cause you know... spoilers and all. Hey, you know that was filmed in Montreal? Sorry, no, I can't help but point it out every chance I get... eh.

‘I wish I really did have Clark Kent in my closet – snort.’
Ah! Don't we all...

I can't tell you how much I laughed when I realized you had stuck him in the closet for real. Hilarious! I'm still laughing my head off!!

I can't wait to find out what happens next. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#37120 01/09/07 12:31 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ, you should put warning labels on these things. I'm getting horribly weird looks from all my co-workers here. Which I guess is fitting since:
1. I'm usually the one making Sue laugh at work.
2. Usually Sue is the one to make me laugh and gets me in trouble with my co-workers... and well she still was the reason I was laughing even if you wrote it.

Haha, DJ... you are pretty awesome lady. This has to be one of the funniest things I have read in a while.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#37121 01/09/07 01:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh

Hello everyone. I had no idea this story would get this kind of response. Thank you. blush I mainly wrote it as a get well gift to Sue. But since you've all written such lovely fdk, I have to respond.

Hi Ann. All those funny icons will have to make due since you didn't have time to comment. <g> Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. And 2 d*mn's in one comment - wow. goofy

Pam! Well hello there. Thanks for the fdk. A fascinating fantasy fanfic -- hee hee.

Hi Crystal! Nyquil and orange juice - gah! That sounds almost as bad as Oreos and salsa (I know, I know, Sue - don't knock it if you haven't tried it. <g>)

Thanks Olympe! I'm glad to see that Sue regained consciousness long enough to get in a quick read.

Woody - H.G. Wells? Hmmm... well... I just don't know. wink I never give anything away before I have to. <g>

Hah Carolm - Sue has teased us all with stories of Clark in her closet for several months - I couldn't help myself. But about Clark in the closet with his hands tied and unable to get out... well I guess you'll have to read to find out what happened. Although Sue has said many times that she keeps just a little Kryptonite in the closet, just enough to keep him from getting away. Evil, isn't she?

SUE! Sue, Sue, Sue! I hope you are feeling at least a little better. <hugs> goofy

Hi Jojo! A warning label? But that would suck all the fun out of it. laugh

Yes, Sue is always making me laugh too, glad I could give her a laugh. laugh Thanks for the compliments. They made my day.

Again, thank you all for the wonderful response. I had no idea everyone would get as big a kick out of this as I did. There will be more parts - don't ask me when the next post will be... but there will be more.

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#37122 01/09/07 01:30 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh that was absolutely hillarious!!!!!!!

I do hope you get better Sue. Awesome part DJ!

CK in the closet - wow, wouldn't that be a nice surprise. What adventure will she get into?! Hopefully one where she has enough energy to play along.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#37123 01/09/07 03:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that is some cold. Is it catching? I think I'd like that kind of illness. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#37124 01/09/07 06:32 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hey, DJ, you know what I'll be expecting from you in your next part? Well, Sue told us about this herself:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think she's going to get the obvious, or what do you think, Nancy?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I was getting "the obvious" I'd have no need to write about, now would I? <g> No, alas, the way it works is like this: Clark lives in my closet. When I get home from work I'll let him out to stretch his legs. When he's in a good mood he'll tell me all the dirty things he wants to do with Lois. I write them down and voila!
I want to see - and hear! - Clark confess his dirty fantasies about Lois to Sue!! goofy

Ann

#37125 01/10/07 12:49 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
If Clark is in Sue's closet, where does that leave Lois?

Tank (who crosses his fingers as her goes off to check his own closets)

#37126 01/10/07 01:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Roo!!! Thanks. And yes, wouldn't that be a nice surprise (if we could believe it, that is...)

Ha ha ha! Laura, you're funny. Yeah, fictional Sue has a little cold, but who wouldn't under go that for a visit from Clark? Hmmm?

Although "real" Sue - ugh - poor Sue... (hope you are feeling at least a teensy weensy bit better).

Ann! Ha ha ha! Yes, this is the PG folder, you're asking poor DJ to write a very fine line here. goofy I promise a few juicy... err... sweet scenes? <g>

Tank! I have a little something written especially for you (at the end). When I saw your note this morning I was happy to know you were reading... that way you'd see it. <g>

Thank you all again! laugh

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#37127 01/10/07 08:20 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I want to be Sue, I want to be Sue!!
dito! laugh clap rotflol

I laughed my head off! Please more, soon!

#37128 01/10/07 09:20 AM
Columnist
Columnist
rotflol
That was so hilarious!

I'm in the same boat as you, Sue. Nasty cold is going around good this time of year. Hope you feel better soon.

If I had any room in any of my closets, I'd ask for a Clark too! laugh

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard