Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: TOC FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 01:27 PM
Oh damn! DJ, I shouldn't start this thread when I have no time to comment, but... hot damn!!!! If this doesn't perk Sue up, nothing will!!!!

Priceless!!! Priceless!!! hyper clap notworthy

Ann
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 01:38 PM
lol -- now there's a fascinating start to a fantasy, err, fanfic! goofy

PJ
Posted By: angelic_editor Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 02:25 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!

*loves*

Like Ann said, this is *priceless,* DJ. I think it might be better than NyQuil and orange juice. laugh
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 02:30 PM
Whoa! Can't wait for the next part! I sure hope Sue finds the time to read this. It might help her recover...
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 02:45 PM
Is H.G. Wells going to show up in this story (two weeks later, of course)?

would this be considered somewhat of a Mary *Sue*? wink
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 02:49 PM
This is wonderful!!!!!

I wish I had a CK in my closet! Hubby might not like it, but maybe we could get that privacy fence in.

Hmm... if CK is in the closet with his hands tied and he can't get loose, does that mean he's not Superman?

Or that Sue has a bunch of Kryptonite laying around?

More please smile .
Carol
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 03:10 PM
Having roused myself from a near-coma, I decided to check on-line. I saw that DJ had a story called "Sick Day" and I had this weird moment of confusion as I tried to figure out what story that could be. Then I opened it and read her disclaimer and I was already starting to laugh.
She tossed the used sandpaper at the trashcan she had next to her bed. It hit the rim and threatened to lean the wrong way.

“Don’t you do it,” she threatened. The Kleenex apparently decided it didn’t want to mess with her, not with the mood she was in today, and it obediently fell into the can.
In point of fact, I gave up on the garbage can (and inanimate objects never obey me). I have three empty water bottles and countless tissues lying on the floor next to my bed. When I return to the land of the living, I'll clean up my mess. Until then, I just wallow...
But only one of his steamier movies. What movie was it she had watched the other evening? It had been very forgettable, plot-wise – but, oh, that love scene.
Ha! The movie, which I got through Netflix weeks ago was "No Alibi" and it was laughably bad. But, uh, yeah, it did include the most promiscuous first date ever. And a glimpse of Dean's butt.
Where had she put that bottle of Nyquil anyway?
The NyQuil is all gone. frown I'm hitting my son's Triaminic now.
Or girl scouts – wait, no, it wasn’t the right time of year for that.
Which is too bad because I would kill for some thin mints right about now.
Never being one to read the card first, Sue opened the box on one end and turned it upside down in her hand.
You're just guessing, I know, but you're absolutely right.
If your heart is wanting and it lacks desire, if you find your circumstances are quite dire – you’re but a pen-stroke from igniting a fire
At which point I would begin to try and figure out how to light it, figuring it must be a pen/lighter combination.
Now, come on, Sue. Be honest. What do you really wish?
That Clark really was in my closet? And that our date ends the same way the one in "No Alibi" did? <g>
She might be drugged up on Nyquil but she was awake enough to know the difference between a dream and reality.
Usually...
Sue passed out.
Gosh, I hope he caught me.

Thanks DJ! It hurts to laugh, but I did it anyway. Although I'm starting to wonder which one of us is "under the influence" here. <heh>
Posted By: doublel Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 03:12 PM
rotflol

Get well soon Sue, and if anything is too weird in the next chapter, we'll blame in on the nyquil

doublel
Posted By: YConnell Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 03:29 PM
smile1 I want to be Sue, I want to be Sue!! smile1

Yvonne
(who always thought Clark lived under her desk, but is apparently wrong eek )
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Sue S.:
Which is too bad because I would kill for some thin mints right about now.
I know it's not REALLY the same, but Keebler's Grasshoppers are actually the same smile .

May have to send DH to get some for me now too smile .
Carol
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 04:01 PM
Sue - I hope you get better real soon. smile
And DJ - this is just absolutely... priceless! (yeah, I say this all the time... but I never say anything I don't really mean.)

But only one of his steamier movies. What movie was it she had watched the other evening? It had been very forgettable, plot-wise – but, oh, that love scene. That five minutes had totally made up for the rest of the otherwise pathetic waste of the man’s talents.
No Alibi? Couldn't help but venture a guess... would rate among the steamiest love scenes I've seen. If that ain't it, it's one I haven't seen, so please tell me which so I can go on the hunt for that. hehehe!

EDIT -- read the FDK now, so I know. smile I don't read it first, cause you know... spoilers and all. Hey, you know that was filmed in Montreal? Sorry, no, I can't help but point it out every chance I get... eh.

‘I wish I really did have Clark Kent in my closet – snort.’
Ah! Don't we all...

I can't tell you how much I laughed when I realized you had stuck him in the closet for real. Hilarious! I'm still laughing my head off!!

I can't wait to find out what happens next. smile
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 04:31 PM
DJ, you should put warning labels on these things. I'm getting horribly weird looks from all my co-workers here. Which I guess is fitting since:
1. I'm usually the one making Sue laugh at work.
2. Usually Sue is the one to make me laugh and gets me in trouble with my co-workers... and well she still was the reason I was laughing even if you wrote it.

Haha, DJ... you are pretty awesome lady. This has to be one of the funniest things I have read in a while.
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 05:05 PM
laugh

Hello everyone. I had no idea this story would get this kind of response. Thank you. blush I mainly wrote it as a get well gift to Sue. But since you've all written such lovely fdk, I have to respond.

Hi Ann. All those funny icons will have to make due since you didn't have time to comment. <g> Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. And 2 d*mn's in one comment - wow. goofy

Pam! Well hello there. Thanks for the fdk. A fascinating fantasy fanfic -- hee hee.

Hi Crystal! Nyquil and orange juice - gah! That sounds almost as bad as Oreos and salsa (I know, I know, Sue - don't knock it if you haven't tried it. <g>)

Thanks Olympe! I'm glad to see that Sue regained consciousness long enough to get in a quick read.

Woody - H.G. Wells? Hmmm... well... I just don't know. wink I never give anything away before I have to. <g>

Hah Carolm - Sue has teased us all with stories of Clark in her closet for several months - I couldn't help myself. But about Clark in the closet with his hands tied and unable to get out... well I guess you'll have to read to find out what happened. Although Sue has said many times that she keeps just a little Kryptonite in the closet, just enough to keep him from getting away. Evil, isn't she?

SUE! Sue, Sue, Sue! I hope you are feeling at least a little better. <hugs> goofy

Hi Jojo! A warning label? But that would suck all the fun out of it. laugh

Yes, Sue is always making me laugh too, glad I could give her a laugh. laugh Thanks for the compliments. They made my day.

Again, thank you all for the wonderful response. I had no idea everyone would get as big a kick out of this as I did. There will be more parts - don't ask me when the next post will be... but there will be more.

-- DJ angel-devil
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 05:30 PM
Oh that was absolutely hillarious!!!!!!!

I do hope you get better Sue. Awesome part DJ!

CK in the closet - wow, wouldn't that be a nice surprise. What adventure will she get into?! Hopefully one where she has enough energy to play along.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 07:22 PM
Wow that is some cold. Is it catching? I think I'd like that kind of illness. Laura
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/09/07 10:32 PM
Hey, DJ, you know what I'll be expecting from you in your next part? Well, Sue told us about this herself:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think she's going to get the obvious, or what do you think, Nancy?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I was getting "the obvious" I'd have no need to write about, now would I? <g> No, alas, the way it works is like this: Clark lives in my closet. When I get home from work I'll let him out to stretch his legs. When he's in a good mood he'll tell me all the dirty things he wants to do with Lois. I write them down and voila!
I want to see - and hear! - Clark confess his dirty fantasies about Lois to Sue!! goofy

Ann
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/10/07 04:49 AM
If Clark is in Sue's closet, where does that leave Lois?

Tank (who crosses his fingers as her goes off to check his own closets)
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/10/07 05:46 AM
Hi Roo!!! Thanks. And yes, wouldn't that be a nice surprise (if we could believe it, that is...)

Ha ha ha! Laura, you're funny. Yeah, fictional Sue has a little cold, but who wouldn't under go that for a visit from Clark? Hmmm?

Although "real" Sue - ugh - poor Sue... (hope you are feeling at least a teensy weensy bit better).

Ann! Ha ha ha! Yes, this is the PG folder, you're asking poor DJ to write a very fine line here. goofy I promise a few juicy... err... sweet scenes? <g>

Tank! I have a little something written especially for you (at the end). When I saw your note this morning I was happy to know you were reading... that way you'd see it. <g>

Thank you all again! laugh

-- DJ
Posted By: Cornelia Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/10/07 12:20 PM
I want to be Sue, I want to be Sue!!
dito! laugh clap rotflol

I laughed my head off! Please more, soon!
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/10/07 01:20 PM
rotflol
That was so hilarious!

I'm in the same boat as you, Sue. Nasty cold is going around good this time of year. Hope you feel better soon.

If I had any room in any of my closets, I'd ask for a Clark too! laugh
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/10/07 01:53 PM
I want to be Sue, I want to be Sue!!
Sure, it sounds fun and glamourous but it's not nearly as exciting to be me with pneumonia. frown

Something for Tank? I am *not* cutting my hair!
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/10/07 05:19 PM
DJ, that was so damn funny! You have got to continue this!
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/11/07 06:13 AM
Hi Cornelia! Glad it gave you a good laugh. I'm not sure you "really" want to be Sue right now - any of you - maybe my version of Sue <g>.

Hello Symbolicangel. Feel better! I hope your cold is getting better. Hee hee, there just isn't enough Clark to go around, is there? <g>

SUE!!! Oh, Sue! Hi there!

Wait a minute...

<DJ looks at clock> Shouldn't you have been in bed asleep when you posted this? <raises eyebrow> Naughty Sue - don't make me have Clark put you back in bed. <wink>

Ha ha ha! ROTFL at the *not* cutting your hair comment. You do realize that *I'm* the one writing this story, don't you? wink Oh, but don't worry, I haven't written you cutting your hair, that's not what I had... <g>

Feel better Sue!!!

Hi Lisa! Glad you enjoyed it. I do plan to continue it. I may have the next part posted sometime today/tonight. <g>

Thank you again, all of you, for all the comments and fdk - I'm tickled to death that everyone enjoyed this so much.

-- DJ
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/11/07 08:19 AM
I have a little bit of time, so I'll try to comment and say just a little more than "hot damn"!

Sue pulled another Kleenex out of the box beside her bed. She lifted it to her nose and made a face. It really didn’t matter how soft they claimed these tissues to be, or whether or not they had aloe, lotion, or some other moisturizer in them, by the time you blew your nose for the fiftieth time, it still hurt. It might as well have been sandpaper.
Isn't this so true? frown

What was even worse was the fact that as stuffy as her nose was, the blowing didn’t do much good.
I know the feeling....

She tossed the used sandpaper at the trashcan she had next to her bed. It hit the rim and threatened to lean the wrong way.
I would have missed.

“Don’t you do it,” she threatened. The Kleenex apparently decided it didn’t want to mess with her, not with the mood she was in today, and it obediently fell into the can.
...but Sue didn't!!! drool

Now to find that movie.

After a few minutes of sitting on the edge of the bed, trying to get the room to quit spinning and her head to quit throbbing, she managed to stand up and walk a few feet towards her bedroom door.

Where had she left that movie? She started to go downstairs. No, no she wouldn’t have left it down there. Not where her son could find it.
This sounds like Sue... wink

Sure, there was a lot of kissing and touching – oooh, and there was that ‘thigh’ scene from ‘Sex, Lies, and Video’
Guess I've missed out on something when I haven't seen that one, eh?

“I’m coming,” she yelled in disgust, continuing to mutter something about never getting any peace and quiet. If her luck held true, it was probably her boss coming by to bring her more work to catch up on.
Wouldn't have surprised you, Sue, would it?

“I’m coming,” she yelled in disgust, continuing to mutter something about never getting any peace and quiet. If her luck held true, it was probably her boss coming by to bring her more work to catch up on.
A pair of scissors? Is that what inspired Sue's haircut worries? Sue, did you see Lara's picture of "bald Lois", except that bald Lois didn't have Lois's face... I wonder whose face it might have been?

Never being one to read the card first, Sue opened the box
Hmmm, yes, that's what Sue would do, right?

It was a pen. One of those fancy, shiny, gold-accented, black ballpoint pens – the twist kind. She hefted it in her hand. It felt pretty heavy, which probably meant it was a good one.
Well, well, well - was it during Faustian that we discussed people who stole our pens?

It wrote like liquid silk.
Can I have one, too? Please?

Just then, a ding sounded from her laptop. That would be her e-mail notifier. Someone was online. She lifted the lid and glanced at the screen. It was DJ. DJ was checking on her to see if she was feeling any better.
Aaaah! I love the verisimilitude (is that what you call it?) of this!!!

Not much,’ she typed. ‘Wish I wasn’t sick. Ugh! This blows – in more ways than one.’ Sue inserted a frowny face after the sentence.

‘Poor Sue. <hugs> You know what I wish? I wish I hadn’t had to go back to work,’ DJ typed back. ‘No. You know what I really wish? I wish I could write fanfic for a living.’

‘Heh – me too.’

‘Now, come on, Sue. Be honest. What do you really wish?’

Sue had picked up her pen again and was looking at it while she had been waiting for DJ’s response. Sue put her pen to her notebook and wrote a quick sentence. Then she typed the sentence into the chat window.

‘I wish I really did have Clark Kent in my closet – snort.’
I love it!!!! clap

Ann
Posted By: datchickukindaknow Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/11/07 06:09 PM
This was just way to funny cant wait to see how this turns out. DJ you are too awesome for words. Sue I hope you feel better and if you do happen to find Clark in your closet remember tat sharing is caring <g>
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/11/07 06:49 PM
Sorry Sue, but I'm not sure Clark could catch you with his hands tied.
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/12/07 08:12 AM
Wow! Again just let me say that I'm overwhelmed by the response this story has generated. <g> Thanks everyone!

Ann, thank you for all that yummy fdk.

Guess I've missed out on something when I haven't seen that one, eh?
Yes, Ann, you had. For all its faults (or at least the faults that some people have with it <g>) Season 4 had a lot of really nice kissing and make-out scenes in it. drool

I'm glad you put that comment about Lara's "bald Lois" or I would have missed it. I had already commented on the fdk thread before she posted that. hah! Too funny. I also think it's funny that Sue so adamantly said up above that she wasn't cutting her hair - uh, Sue, you do realize that comes across as a challenge, don't you? <g> Kidding!

Glad you enjoyed the part with Sue and I chatting. <g>

With Kryptonite ropes?
Heh - interesting, but no... if that were the case he'd be moaning and writhing on the floor. <g>

(after a little CPR, or better yet, mouth-to-mouth from Clark),
<snort> Hah! Ann you kill me. Seriously? Mouth to mouth? Just for passing out? <g>

Hi Ambar - too awesome for words? blush And yes, Sue, if you do find Clark in your closet, remember to share him with your favorite apprentice - yes?

Hah! Woody, so true. In fact, that happens to be one of the first things addressed in part 2. <g>

Thank you all again, so much! Part 2 has been posted!!!

-- DJ
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/12/07 07:46 PM
rotflol Isn't that every woman's fantasy? laugh

Jackie
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FDK: Sick Day Part One/? - 01/12/07 08:05 PM
Okay, when Sue wakes up (after a little CPR, or better yet, mouth-to-mouth from Clark), I hope he'll be a gentleman and let Sue lick his freckle! All right, Sue, you can invite Jojo, too!
I don't know if I am in to the ménage à trois freckle licking... I want a monogamous relationship with the freckle.

~Jojo, who is gonna sit on her hands now since this is the gfic folder. lol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards