Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, Sue, I'm going to start the fdk thread on the PG side because I know you'll have plenty of fdk on the nth side - besides, this part was PG anyway. blush

I know I already briefly mentioned this in my beta - but I loved the part with the pillow!!! drool How wonderfully sweet was that? Clark didn't want her to have to rest her head on the hard ground again tonight, so he went to get her a pillow. And when he couldn't get *her* pillow, he brought her his pillow. <major drool> I just love the 'sense of smell' and I can only imagine if that pillow smelled like Clark - how incredible it must have smelled to Lois (angry or not). <g>

Although, Clark is Superman, surely he could have found a way to get into her apartment and get her pillow... but then again, maybe he wanted her to sleep on his pillow <waffy sigh>.

Anyway, that was just a really nice scene so I thought I'd prattle on about it for a few minutes.

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This has been interesting so far, but it still is fraught with the frustratin that the scene from Contact brought forth.

This is well written and I am enjoying the read, but I do feel that the 'tone' is skewed a bit toward Clark. He is still coming off as the sympathetic character because of Lois' need to actively keep him at arms length. She is doing this for survival. Just playing at 'being friends' after the depth of what they shared would be suicide for Lois. She has always been an all or nothing type of gal. That's why she resisted Clark for so long, she was afraid if the all with her and Clark didn't work out, then she would have to have nothing.

Lois' necessary, defensive bitchyness makes her seem like the 'bad guy' in this piece so far, but the truth is it's Clark. In any rewrite of that scene from Contact; Clark is in the wrong.

I hope that when the final resolution of the problem does come around it occurs logically, and feels right. It's a tightrope that's being walked here for the sake of the story's angst. Let's hope it doesn't get pushed too far so that no resolution would seem feasible.

Tank (who wonders how Clark is able to justify being away from his Superman duties for so long)

Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG, I just want to cry. Why is Clark being so...stubborn? Now, if Lois started seeing someone else, he would have a problem with it. He'd better find reconciliation tomorrow. He needs a way for them to be together again.

I wonder what Lois would say if she knew his intentions for the engagement ring?

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, after reading this thread, I wanted to post something that I said on the 'other' side.

It seems to be a theme with these hero types thinking that the lady in their lives are going to be hurt and that they have to protect them by not being with them, doesn't it? I just watched Spiderman II and was reminded of this story. As a matter of a fact, I thought a good part of that movie could have been taken right out of the LnC show.

Now, why is it the hero types think this?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
heartbreaking

They so seriously need to talk; it just can't be where anyone else can hear them.

This was good, though:

"I don't think I like Rich," Lois stated. "I've given it a lot of thought and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to kill him. Would you help me hide the body or are you going to make me lug it around by myself in the interests of equality?"
She's equally hostile to both of them laugh

The bit at the end made me a bit more sympathetic to Clark -- the panic he felt when she was hurt was understandable. It's just that his idea for "fixing" things was galactically stupid.

Where's a kryptonite 2x4 when you need one?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard