Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36860 01/05/07 03:35 AM
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, I'm reading on the nfic side because I don't want to miss anything since you write such great nfic, but I think you should keep posting it here, too. Bandwidth is cheap! Besides, this storyline is going to have a lot of gfic, not to mention angst!
So I'll post some real feedback here. Yes, I can totally relate to the whole camping, mountain, riding in the back of the hot van thing. We live near the Sierra Nevada in California and have done our share of camping and driving 4 wheel on dirt roads, some single lane (always exciting, that!).
Hubby never gets lost because he does always know where North is (great line, that). He's part Native American and there is a compass in his head. I've done my share of orientering and am pretty good with a map and landmarks. But a big city girl like Lois is going to be totally out of her league.
Great dialog between the two.
Keep it coming.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#36861 01/05/07 06:53 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I just wanted to mention that I'm reading this on the g-fic side of things. I'm really enjoying it! Please keep posting smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#36862 01/05/07 10:51 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hey, I'm reading! Please don't stop posting. This is a very interesting study of two people who hurt each other deeply, neither of whom can take a step back and say, "Let me start over. I was an idiot. I love you. Let's make this work." Nor can either of them accept that statement from the other, at least not at this point.

Neither one is completely innocent, and neither one is solely guilty. I wonder just how much anguish you're going to put them through before you let them kiss and make up.

I hope I'm not being presumptuous by assuming that they will eventually kiss and make up.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#36863 01/05/07 02:24 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, I'll chime in here too to say that I'm checking this out over here. I don't read Nfic so this would be the only place I'd get to see this.

Like all stories based on the final scene in Contact, this is an exercise in frustration. Unlike Terry, I don't see this as two people equally to blame for the mess that they are in. I'm sorry, but Clark is soley to blame for the situation.

I find Lois' reactions perfectly logical. She was ready to commit completely to Clark when he pulled his idiotic stunt. How else is she supposed to feel?

Like she said... Clark has decided that they can't be together, okay. Yet he expects her to just smile and pretend that they are 'friends' like they were in the past. This just doesn't make any sense given where their relationship had progressed to. Remember, it was Clark who managed to take a Lois who was willing to 'just stay friends' and push her into accepting the possibility that they could be more.

I will continue to watch and see how things progress, but I do think we must keep our perspective here. Lois is crabby because of being placed into this highly uncomfortable situation, but it's Clark who created the situation to start with.

Tank (who thinks that Lois should have called Perry's bluff and told him to shove his phoney story assignment)

#36864 01/05/07 02:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, just saw this tonight and got to read two segments at a time smile Sue, this is off to a good start. Shaky premise, maybe wink but who cares? And I don't read the nfic side, so please do keep posting here.

I'm with Tank, btw -- this is totally Clark's fault and he's being an utter moron. Bit of a smarta*s, too. Still, I have hopes that he'll recover. Eventually. Normally, I'm not too crazy about Clark-groveling, but he needs to spend some *major* time and effort on it in this one.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#36865 01/06/07 04:07 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey Sue,
I'm reading the gfic, too. So please don't stop posting here smile
I love your idea, Perry sending Lois and Clark on a camping therapy trip wink

Barb

#36866 01/06/07 05:46 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Okay, let me clarify my earlier statement that they're both at fault. Yes, Clark started it. He was a total doofus to break up with Lois to protect her. Stupid, stupid move. Complete idiot. That's on him all the way. That's Clark's bad, not Lois's. No argument from me, FOLCs.

But Lois won't talk to him, won't listen to him, won't work out some kind of continuing relationship with him. She didn't start it, but she's keeping the conflict going. She's begin mean, really snarky mean, and she's throwing barbs back at Clark which are intended only to hurt him. Sure, he deserves some of it, maybe even all of it, but all Lois is doing is making it even harder for them to co-exist at the Planet. If she doesn't back off, she's going to push them to the point of total professional separation, and that's not something Perry would like to see. Such an outcome would hurt the entire paper, and have negative consequences for everyone there, and Lois hasn't considered that at all. She's just reacting in hurt and anger to everything Clark says or does.

I hope this g-fic keeps going. This is very interesting, and I'm enjoying the story a lot. Since I have a good deal of outdoor experience but not a great love for it, I understand Lois's disdain for outdoor bathrooms completely. This might be a great team-building exercise, but it's not something I'd ever volunteer for. Keep it up!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#36867 01/08/07 03:52 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks guys! I only put that note at the end of part two because it had been a few days since I posted the first part and... <crickets chirping>. The majority of the story is PG, but I didn't want to go to the effort of cleaning up my act if no one was reading. blush

Clark is being a doofus. Lois could probably mellow a little (but I think she's justified in her grudge).
I hope I'm not being presumptuous by assuming that they will eventually kiss and make up.
Nope. Not presumptuous at all. laugh

If all goes well I should have part three up this afternoon.

Thanks again!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#36868 01/10/07 08:33 AM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
I'm reading! I'm reading! Thanks for pg-ifying it smile .

As always, I love your dialogue. I'm sure we'll get some great snappy back-and-forth as the story progresses. Like everyone else, I think Clark's "logic" for breaking up with her didn't make sense, so I'm glad Lois called him on it.

More please smile :

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard