Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36092 12/17/06 09:34 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Before I start this post I need to apologize. So imagine a blonde, blue eyed girl in her early twenties kneeling in front of you all.
Nice image! Now, I'll forgive you alost everything - apart from not posting before Easter.

I truly liked this part, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next, and the one after that, and... You get my meaning.

If he hadn’t been dreaming, Clark would have denied that he wished Lois would be so nice to him in real life.
And I figured Lois for being insecure... I love this. It makes Clark so much more of an imperfect person instead of the perfect superhero.

“And just to remind you: don’t call me daddy, Rebecca.” He started their game to cheer her up.

“Okay, daddy,” she replied lamely and sat up. Clark wrapped his arms around her.
Sweet and funny at the same time. More of this, please!

“So, you’re just a big coward, huh?”
That's my very favourite line of this story.
“Be careful, little lady. Else I might be too afraid to come along with you to school,” he teased her.
And this reply, hmmm. I love to see them bantering like that.

“Sure!” Clark grinned at her. “A dark green one - with *large* yellow teeth. The eyes will be bright red and the expression is going to freeze your blood in your veins the instant you look at it. I always dreamt of something like this.”
clap clap clap

After he had cleaned up, Clark spun into a dark grey suit and searched for the school stuff he had bought for Becca a few weeks ago.
He must've been planning on this for a while. Interesting.

Keep up the good work! (And do it soon! grovel )

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks to my wonderful beta-reader LaraMoon, who lightened up my mood in hours of darkness.
awww! You know I'm always here for you. smile I hope the darkness clears up and light comes shining through again real soon. smile You know Becca does that for me - she fills the room with sun and she's not even really here. smile

Cozy was the word that described it best. There was a bunch of smooth pillows around him and underneath his fingers he found velvet skin. Heaven couldn’t be better. Soft lips touched his and trailed across his face. Above these incredible lips there were a beautiful nose and eyes like dark honey. Looking into them was amazingly sweet, but even better was the glance they returned. They were admiring and loving. They virtually caressed every inch of him without having to touch. Dark strands of hair were tickling his chest. For the first time, the face of the woman he encountered in his dreams belonged to a real person. If he hadn’t been dreaming, Clark would have denied that he wished Lois would be so nice to him in real life.
Sorry to quote so much of it - but this is just SO beautiful! It's a wonderful description of a very nice dream. I love that part!!

“Sure!” Clark grinned at her. “A dark green one - with *large* yellow teeth. The eyes will be bright red and the expression is going to freeze your blood in your veins the instant you look at it. I always dreamt of something like this.”

“Daddy, you’re making fun of me,” Becca complained.

“Guilty, your honor!” Clark laughed.
And this is just way too cute! smile He's so great with her and she's so precious. I envy Lois... she's going to end up with the perfect man and the most amazing little girl as a bonus. Yep. I would love to be Lois in this story (the witch part aside... LOL)

Off I go to read the rest so Barbara can post it. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Off I go to read the rest so Barbara can post it. :Big Grin:
Do that! And do it fast...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, so you got me hooked with the first chapter. I'm interested to see how Clark came to this point in life with a daughter and to see how you are going to set up the rest of the story. smile Looks like it is going to be an interesting ride.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Cozy was the word that described it best. There was a bunch of smooth pillows around him and underneath his fingers he found velvet skin. Heaven couldn’t be better. Soft lips touched his and trailed across his face. Above these incredible lips there were a beautiful nose and eyes like dark honey. Looking into them was amazingly sweet, but even better was the glance they returned. They were admiring and loving. They virtually caressed every inch of him without having to touch. Dark strands of hair were tickling his chest. For the first time, the face of the woman he encountered in his dreams belonged to a real person. If he hadn’t been dreaming, Clark would have denied that he wished Lois would be so nice to him in real life.
I loved this, Barbara. In one of the - well, prequels? - to this, you described how another loving female showed her affection for Clark, and I thought it was Lois. It turned out to be Becca instead. Now, when I saw the word "cozy" and saw that Clark was in bed, I thought he was being a happy father and had Becca sleeping snuggled up to him. But he was having a dream about Lois. I love how you show us that Clark loves two women in his life, and the question is how he is going to bring all three of them together so that they can be a happy family.

I liked the rest of the chapter, too, particularly, as someone has already pointed out, this line:

“So, you’re just a big coward, huh?”
I hope you will manage to bring Lois into the story soon, though, because I missed her during the rest of the chapter.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a Pilot rewrite where Clark has a daughter. Due to my objections towards real elseworld stories she is not his biological child.
Barbara, could you explain what you mean by this? By real elseworld stories? I lost you there. I mean, in a way, aren’t all of our stories elseworld stories? And what would be wrong with her really being Clark’s daughter? (Maybe it lost something in translation?)

“Oh, pumpkin!” Clark chuckled. “Your grandpa often advised me to be careful not to tell others about myself. When I first went to school, I didn’t exactly have many of my powers, but I was stronger than average. Considerably stronger! Who else was able to lift a fridge?
Just an FYI. It was said in the series that Clark couldn’t lift such things until he was 12 or 13.

Being a grown-up doesn’t mean that nothing is able to scare you anymore.
Grown-ups probably get scared more.

He didn’t envy the guys that would fall for her in a couple of years.
A couple of years!? How old did you say she was? I thought she was seven.

“Just like Halloween!” Becca said excitedly. Her cheeks blushed.
Just like Halloween!! That made me smile so big!

Great story, Barbara.

JoJo, this is part of a series and part of the background has been previously explained. Here's bakasi's TOC for the series:
Toc

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Barbara, could you explain what you mean by this? By real elseworld stories? I lost you there. I mean, in a way, aren’t all of our stories elseworld stories? And what would be wrong with her really being Clark’s daughter? (Maybe it lost something in translation?)
I don't usually translate apart from certain words, since that would end up in a horrible English, not just in bad English wink . What I meant was, that I don't like the kind of elseworlds where Lois and Clark aren't reporters, don't live together or anything like that. I didn't like the elseworld of the series and I disliked its second appearance even more.

I particularly like that Lois is Clark's first and only woman. That's just so romantic! ( not that I would dismiss a real man, just because he slept with another woman before me). My Clark should have waited for Lois. For me it's just not the same if Clark has loved another woman so much that they had a child together. Of course this might be interesting as well. But this Clark would still be suffering from his wife's death and that would lead to another story.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Oh, pumpkin!” Clark chuckled. “Your grandpa often advised me to be careful not to tell others about myself. When I first went to school, I didn’t exactly have many of my powers, but I was stronger than average. Considerably stronger! Who else was able to lift a fridge?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an FYI. It was said in the series that Clark couldn’t lift such things until he was 12 or 13.
That's the problem with the series, or maybe I'm wrong and it's just a problem with the German translation. I don't know. In "Chip of the old Clark" Clark asked his parents if he carried the sofa when he was at the age of the little boy. (Who is likely to be about Becca's age, maybe a little older) Martha says, that he concentrated mainly on the fridge.

It's the same with flying by the way. It's obviously common assumption that Clark couldn't fly before he was eighteeen. And I remeber that his parents say this in "All shock up". But I also remember, that someone says that he could fly at the age of ten. Though I don't really remebmber the episode. Maybe it's not the same in the English version, but I've never seen a single episode in the original language and if I went through all the scripts for writing this, I'd be busy till Christmas next year. wink

He didn’t envy the guys that would fall for her in a couple of years.

Yeah, sorry. Like I said, I'm not the perfect speaker. I still make mistakes with much and many, though I really now where the difference is. And I should be aware that a couple only means two or three. Going to change that. Not that this is transferred to nfic just because of my stupidity.

Keep up the good work! (And do it soon! )
Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate that.

Thanks for the feedback to all of you. And according to LaraMoon's comments, you'll like what is still to come. laugh

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't like the elseworld of the series and I disliked its second appearance even more.
Do you mean the alt-world? The one where Lois invented Superman? The one where the alt-Clark was engaged to Lana Lang?

Yes, I just watched ‘All Shook Up’ about an hour ago. His parents say he flew at age 18. I’ve never heard the bit about 10 years old.

From ‘Chip Off The Old Clark’ script:
Clark: Mom, when did I lift my first
couch?

Martha: Gosh honey, I think you were in junior high (in the States that’s around 12 - 14) before you did any serious lifting. And it was rarely furniture. You leaned more toward kitchen appliances. The freezer, I think.
Oh, I don’t expect you to go through the scripts, and I hope I didn’t upset you. It was just a little FYI.

Going to change that. Not that this is transferred to nfic just because of my stupidity.
No, I didn’t think so. And somehow I don’t think that kind of fic would even be allowed to be posted. (Thank god.)

Yes, you get back here with Pumpkin soon.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What I meant was, that I don't like the kind of elseworlds where Lois and Clark aren't reporters, don't live together or anything like that.
Ah dang - and here I was wondering if you'd read my last story. (joking!! I don't usually like those either)

I should have picked up on that - sorry. I keep remembering the scene in the first movie where he's like... what? barely 4 years-old and he's lifting the car. Apart from flying which I always remember he doesn't do until he's about 18 in L&C, I tend to forget when he starts being able to do what. I'll look up things more carefully next time, I promise.

This one is entirely my fault. I make that mistake *all the time*.
wallbash wallbash wallbash
In French "une couple d'années" (translated literally into "a couple of years" - and the fact that we use it is probably a bad English to French translation to begin with, but it's a common expression) means whatever number of years you want it to mean and not specifically two years.

And according to LaraMoon's comments, you'll like what is still to come.
Like it? Nooooo! They're going to love it. I think it's absolutely brilliant!! If I could write like *that*, I would start writing novels right this second and stop worrying about what I'm going to do when I stop working in 4 days.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Like it? Nooooo! They're going to love it. I think it's absolutely brilliant!! If I could write like *that*, I would start writing novels right this second and stop worrying about what I'm going to do when I stop working in 4 days.
I'm bright red, almost turning into dark black. Don't you write such things, people are going to believe that, Lara! blush blush blush blush blush

Clark: Mom, when did I lift my first
couch?

Martha: Gosh honey, I think you were in junior high (in the States that’s around 12 - 14) before you did any serious lifting. And it was rarely furniture. You leaned more toward kitchen appliances. The freezer, I think.
I don't remember what she says exactly, maybe Tahu, Olympe or any of the others can tell. But I don't remember that she says something about Junior High. But there is no such thing as Junior High in Germany ( we just don't go to school between the age of 12 and 14 goofy )I guess that some of the mistakes in the Series are due to translation.

I'm not upset about you're mentioning. Anyway, since we agreed that everything we write is elseworld, maybe this world's Clark could lift such objects.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't you write such things, people are going to believe that, Lara!
Well, gee... I *hope* they believe it, because it's true!! Stop being so modest. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard