Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Woohoo! Great part, Wendy!

Martha's just wonderful, so sweet and she sees everything. I like the way she just trusted Lois, makes her talk and then adops her to the family. That's one hech of a mother.

And the start was great too. It makes so much sense for Lois to think the Kents will hate... and it's such a nice surprise for her to learn they don't and to see they knew about Lana all along while she doubted it. Maybe it'll help her to talk about Claude with Martha too.

But this part is really missing something. You know... something like, oh, a WHAM! For about the last 10 parts nothing happened except nice waffy stuff and wonderfull smoochies! Bring out the angst again!

Oh wait, we might get that with Clark's first appearance as Superman... and then there's Trask...

So where's the next part? I've got lots of time to read it while waiting to my copy of Harry Potter! /me wants more WLMC!!!!

Saskia (die dit als een gewoonte is gaan zien, maar zoals met alle gewoontes nu eens niks weet te zeggen... niet dat het wat uitmaakt aangezien je er toch geen donder van begrijpt in deze geweldige taal <eg>)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
LOL! Bulldozer Martha in action!

I love the way Martha just takes over the conversation and leads it in a way that Lois is not expecting.

Great installment, Wendy!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1 Want more about what happen at the farm.

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
good part, wendy. not much surprising.. lois is afraid, clark is afraid, martha knows everything (she's pretty observant, especially when it comes to her son), martha loves lois, etc, but it was well done. waffy, though not in the traditional smoochie sense. smile

good work, and, though i've been commenting sporadically (bad paul!) i wanted to let you know that i've been reading and enjoying every part. smile looking forward to more.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful part, Wendy, although they all are. I loved the way Martha reacted to Lois, and it's nice to see that they're developing a strong relationship. The characterization of all the character is spot on.

And I just loved this line:
Loving the way that being in love with Clark made her feel.
Waiting eagerly for part 27,
Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw very sweet segment Wendy! I am looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Great section, Wendy laugh . I loved the smoochie when Lois and Clark landed in the field and I also really loved Martha's reaction to Lois -- she instantly went from protecting her boy to adopting Lois as a daughter.

These are some of my favorite lines:
“I didn’t tell them I was bringing you because it would’ve meant telling them over the phone that you know about me. And that wasn’t a conversation I wanted to have over the phone.”
Very good point! I definately don't see that being a conversation he would want to have over the phone -- especailly with the way that cordless phone conversations can be picked up on other phones.

Sure. And maybe next she’d be the one developing flying powers, Lois thought sardonically.
LOL! laugh

It was a kitchen which people actually lived in: cooked, ate, talked and behaved as a family.
awww! I love your description of the kitchen -- it is both sweet and accurate. smile The contrast between this kitchen and Lois's kitchen is very well written.

Waiting anxiously for part 27!
Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Again Wendy, another great part!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Wendy. Great part as usual!

Lois has a typical fear of meeting the parents of her boyfriend, afraid they'll hate her.

But of course Martha surprises her and accepts her into the family.
Martha reached across the table, squeezing Lois’s hand briefly. “I think Clark’s chosen much more wisely this time. Welcome to the family, Lois.”
She also surprises Lois by already knowing about the Lana incident and how it scarred their son, even though Clark never told them about it.

A brilliant, joyful smile broke out on Martha’s face. “Oh, Lois, honey, I knew you were just the woman Clark needs!”

Lois blinked. “I am? I mean, yes, I hope I am, but...?”
It's always entertaining to see how a surprised Lois reacts. smile

So WHAMs in the next couple of sections, maybe?

Look forward to part 27. thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, finally caught up with this section... good stuff, Wendy. Nice homey atmosphere on the farm, and that's classic Martha.

Now, let's bring on the spandex! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Wendy...

Great part thumbsup

waiting foe the next part

Meni hyper

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy,
great part Wendy
ditto others about Martha
more soon please
merry

Blogger
Blogger
Hey Wendy greeeat part! smile1

You just have to love Marta! laugh

I can't wait for the next part! hyper I too am eagerly waiting for you to post!.

More, more soooon!! laugh

See you!
wave

PS: Now I'm all ready for lots of smoochies in part 27! laugh

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! A wonderful part! clap clap

I love this story and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yes, I think everyone's already said everything that I wanted to say. Martha was, of course, typically Martha - just wonderful. I loved the conversation with Lois and Clark on the way to Smallville, perfect reactions from both of them. And a lovely *confidence-boosting* kiss before going into the farmhouse. smile

And although I'm not calling for it the way Saskia is, I'm sure that a wham is on its way soon... eek

Looking forward to the next part, even though I'm having problems keeping up with the stories these days... hyper

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great part, Wendy!

Loved the Martha/Lois conversation - she sure has a way to put everyone at ease.

The smoochie before going in farmhouse was wonderful - loved that little bit of passion before facing the folks!

More soon!!! smile1

Missy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, this is earlier than usual, but I'm about to go on holiday and won't be back until the middle of July. And I didn't want to leave your wonderful comments unacknowledged before I went.

I'm delighted that everyone seemed to enjoy the Lois/Martha scene. I hadn't originally planned to write a Smallville scene, on the basis that the costume-making and so on has been done many times before. But so many people said that they were looking forward to seeing Lois and Clark in Smallville and organising the costume that you persuaded me. wink Anyway, hope you like the rest of it, too. smile

Thanks so much, as always, Saskia, Irene, Maria, Paul, Caroline, Laura, Alicia, Shelley, Roger, Pam, Merry, Meni, Tricia, Kathy and Missy. smile I'm sorry not to go into detailed responses to your posts, but I still have to finish packing and I'm being yelled at to come offline soon... wink

See you all in two and a half weeks' time!!

Wendy (off to California again and very excited!) smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard