Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Somehow I just feel like this is the calm interlude before the storm. Especially since I know you have at least 24 chapters.

<DJ takes a deep, steady breath>

Wow, I needed that. laugh

But I want you to know that I was literally yelling at Lois the last half of that chapter to please get Superman out of the car and let him lay in the sun, for goodness sakes. She has him all trapped up inside that car where he can't get his sunshine! Poor Clark!

Oh, and so glad to see that I was right about the shoe. Way back in (what chapter was it) when you mentioned Superman's boots and her shoes, I thought "Hit someone with the heel of your shoe, Lois. They won't get up from that." laugh

Nice chapter... but not nearly long enough... now, uh, when is part 16? wink

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes. They've escaped.

Wonderful chapter. You almost had me thinking that the new group was like SHADO in the other story, but no, all government wants Superman.

If this chapter had a music video, I'd start with the MI theme and then maybe the theme from Speed.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow!! Great chapter. I'm so glad you finally got them out of there. But now I'm worried about them since is seems a lot of the government is out to get Superman. Where will they hide? frown

I hope Clark gets better soon physically... I know mentally it is going to be a long road. A long one for him and Lois.

Thank you for giving us a little lift at the end of that chapter though. After everything you have been putting us through I think we and the characters deserved it. ^_~

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Columnist
Columnist
hyper Yay! yay! yay! They got out of there! clap

Well, it wasn't eye-gouging, but I suppose hitting him over the head with her shoes worked just as well. wink

Nice touch at the end. With all of the evil people they've come across, it was time that someone showed a little compassion.

I can't wait for the next part.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Eye-gouging, eh? Too bad I wasn't reading King Lear or Oedipus while I was writing this chapter, or I might have thought of that. As it was...

<grin>

Glad you liked it. Thanks for reviewing.

SmirkyRaven

Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally, they've escaped! huh

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, wow. Is Lois heroic or is she heroic? Wow, is this a script for an action movie or a thriller/conspiracy movie?

You make my breath catch, Raven. Okay, this part wasn't so dark, so do I call you Smirky now? Maybe Smaven? (Okay, so what's next? Smirven? Smirken? Naah, I fear it will be a while until your story feels like any sort of smiley to me.)

But I'm impressed! Wow! Keep up the excellent job, but remember that I can take only so much (so if you don't hear from me for a while, your story has likely knocked me out.... dizzy )

Anyway, Hugin and Munin, the ravens owned by Odin, the foremost of the Norse gods, say hello.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the reviews, everyone!

Sheila:
Lois left her car parked in front of the warehouse. Bureau 39 didn't want anyone finding it there and somehow connecting it to them, so they decided just to bring it along.

Chapter 16 may not be up until tomorrow evening, seeing as my 4 page paper that's due tomorrow has not even been started.... grumble My fault entirely, of course., but there we are...

Of course, there is a chance that an epiphany may strike me, and I may find some time to post it real fast tomorrow morning, if I can run through it one more time for a quick edit.

<crosses fingers>

Oh, and TOC--Hugin and Munin are close friends of mine. Thanks for passing on their messages wink

SmirkyRaven

Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Would it help you post it tomorrow morning if I sent some of the guys with chainsaws after you? They can be real encouraging. devil

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Hey, if you wanted "sweet" or "gentle" encouragement... then you should have given us a sweet, gentle story. This story is pain... so this is what you get. angel-devil

Ahem... but I of course am still loving it. wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I take threats to my life as a highest form of compliment. I know I've made a few of my own, during my many long years of reading ff, and I know the death threats I wrote were usually for stories that had be hooked by the heart and were jerking me around like fish in a turbulent stream. goofy

Still...

<sidles away>

We'll see what I can do.

SmirkyRaven

Columnist
Columnist
FINALLY!!!

Even though I know there's much more to go (and am very thankful for that), it's so good to have them out of that damned place.

I'm also thankful for Alaska's timezone being further behind than everyone else's, because while they have to wait all day for an evening chapter my day seems a bit shorter before it. dance

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Merriwether
Merriwether
The chainsaw guys are cool, but pointy stick people can "encourage" you to continue writing without causing too much bodily harm(her story already has enough blood and guts.)

So here they come in orderly fashion.

wildguy wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Looks like a nasty blow to the head—from a hammer, maybe.
And it was really a high heeled shoe! First funny thing in this story! smile

Ok. I can breathe. Maybe there is a little hope here.

But I am not sure I trust you, Raven!

cool

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
I thought "Hit someone with the heel of your shoe, Lois. They won't get up from that."
The ew potential was high here (which shows you how I always expect the gruesome), I'm glad Smirky Raven didn't go into detail here--but still kept the bang. I love Action!Lois. I qoted DJ, since she was the first to highlight the heel.

A light at the end of the tunnel like some people said. I'm looking forward to the emotional wrap up to this no matter when it might come.

(and I'm intrigued by your English paper--I have yet to read Heart of Darkness, I know its my cup of tea, but I have stacks and stacks of stuff to read all. Shamefully I'm rather under-read in English lit)

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Merriwether
Merriwether
Are you going to have a high-speed chase on the way back to Metropolis?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
MrsMosley! The heel was surely not the *first* funny thing you've noticed so far?

<blank stare>

Maybe you just don't know me well enough. When my little sister sits down to read my chapters she is alternating between hysterical laughter and sobs. I like to put little 'smirky' comments, as my sister says in the middle of most random places. But maybe the general angst factor is enough to hide those a little too well (or maybe my sense of humor is so weird that no one really gets it).

I'm glad you thought that was funny, though. It was a Smirky moment, and I'm always glad when people catch them, especially when they mention them thumbsup

<continues to run away from madmen with chainsaws and little guys with big sticks>

SmirkyRaven

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Smirky, finally I'm able to breath, so I can write FDK. laugh Since the beginning of this story I was choking up with terror. eek Boy, you like torturing, don't you? [Linked Image]

When I was reaching the ending of a chapter my hands clenched and I was holding my breath. [Linked Image] It was so painful I felt like screaming all along: Stop it, please! I can't take it anymore! [Linked Image]

But, at least they fled out that horror den. help

Sam shook his head. “You just go on an’ take those things, miss,” he said.
Thanks for Sam's kindness. He saved them, even not knowing it. smile

Now you can post next part or... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bad bad Smirky! Where's our part 16? Hmmm? I waited until one o'clock my time - so it's gotta be like eleven o'clock your time - I'm sure you aren't still in bed. wink

DJ - tired of threatening, resorts to whining instead whinging

Features Writer
Features Writer
But she already used it to pay for the gas!!! eek

She reached under the car mat to retrieve a credit card. She had started hiding it there ever since she realized that her luck was such that she lost her purse, wallet, and cash quite frequently. As she swiped it and began filling her car she was grateful she had chosen to do so, even though even she had thought it somewhat ridiculous when she had first stashed it there.
malu

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard