Next Thread
Print Thread
#35497 12/10/06 07:28 AM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Raven, you're a good writer. I like the references you made concerning Kal's acceptance of death and of Lois' possible impending insanity. But please please please can't you get them out of there, and in doing so, get your loyal readers out of that place as well?

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the review! I'm flattered that you like my writing--I've worked hard on it over the years, and it's my goal in life to become a full-fledged author (I actually have a 200K+ story that I've been working on for a number of years that I hope someday will see the light <crosses fingers>).

In reading your review I'll answer with a famous quote from a certain villain that I think we're all familiar with:

"Wait for it."

It's not much longer, now.

Of course, again I need to stand up and remind you that this story isn't near over; a lot of angst and other things happen during the "after" stage...

SmirkyRaven

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Beautifully, beautifully written, Raven, but... please. I can't take much more of this. Please help them! Please save Clark's life!!!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I'm just now catching up to this story.

shock I'm stunned speechless. You've had us in a dark place, that's for sure. But it's true brilliance on your part--because I'll be back for more as soon as the next part is posted.

I'm hooked. Good job! I think I need some chocolate now to lift my spirits!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, such beautiful words! I fell like I'm there. Thank you for having Lois through her soup against the wall. I needed to throw sometihng!

If I wasn't so tired I would probably be in tears. However, maybe the tears did not fall because I am determined they will make it out alive.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmmp... sad

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
More, more, more....soon

doublel

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Smirky, you've got my heart at the edge of the blade... please pull me back with the next chapter.

Pretty please?

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
whinging I'm really hoping you can get them out of there soon. I am going to assume he is dying because he isn't getting any sun?

grovel Please relieve our fears soon. laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Columnist
Columnist
You know, with the last few chapters this story has gone from really really good to absolutely beautiful.

While I love the writing, what really gets me is the interaction between Lois and Clark in this story. I think TOC put it it best when describing it as "primal". It's heart-wrenching and gut-wrenching and wonderful even in the midst of all the horrifying things going on.

Sorry if this makes little sense, it's seven in the morning and I just woke up after four hours of sleep and a not-so-pleasant dream :rolleyes: So I'm off to re-read some of the happier, fluffier parts of this to make me feel better!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard