Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35369 12/08/06 04:09 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
oooh! I get to be first! wink
(hey, btw - little blue arrow on your post would be a good idea. hehe!)

Ralph Spagoda said, “FireWind, are you Superman’s son?”
umm... are you sure that's his name? LOL!
Did they really ever give him a last name? In The Phoenix, Lois says "I should have known better than to order chinese food from a place called Ralph's Pagoda." - mind you if they actually gave him that as a last name, they should get a prize for the most hilarious choice of a last name ever. wink

He had the feeling that if he wanted to that J’on J’onzz, aka The Martian Manhunter, could kill him with a thought.
He could, but I don't think he's gonna. He's a good guy. smile

“Yeah, she suggested that, too. Lord Krypton.”
Fitting. smile

He could just imagine how well it was going over for Brook and Jama to realize that Lara could do something they couldn’t.
Awww! Poor girls - I remember what it's like to not be able to do something a younger sibling can... Someone needs to tell them it doesn't mean they're not special too and they have talents that little Lara doesn't have yet. (or they'll end up like me and spend half their lives thinking they're in a competition. *sigh*)

J’on nodded and smiled. <I think you really need to be at the meeting. I’ll suggest rescheduling it. Better yet, I’ll say *you* wanted it rescheduled.>
Nice touch! smile They'll reschedule for Supes of course. hehe

“Mike? *I’m* Mike, Jon. At least in those particular instances, I was. Maybe I was before, too. I’m not sure.”
Oooh! NICE!!

Don’t be afraid because of what your brother did.
swiss cheese memory kicking in... what did his brother do? /me confused

She smiled. “Yes, she will. Tell her to look in her dad’s novel that’s sitting on her bookshelf.”
Oh, I can't wait to find out what's in there!! You know me, I love mysteries! smile

smile Looking forward to the next part!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Lara.

He could, but I don't think he's gonna. He's a good guy.
Yeah, he's a good guy.

Awww! Poor girls - I remember what it's like to not be able to do something a younger sibling can... Someone needs to tell them it doesn't mean they're not special too and they have talents that little Lara doesn't have yet. (or they'll end up like me and spend half their lives thinking they're in a competition. *sigh*)
Oh, I'm sure they know. But Clark might have to remind.

Nice touch! [Smile] They'll reschedule for Supes of course. hehe
Well, considering that he technically is supposed to be the leader, I'd hope so.

swiss cheese memory kicking in... what did his brother do? /me confused
He had a little roll in the hay (literally) with a girl he barely knew. That's how he lost his virginity. Then of course he propositioned a prostitute when he was 15 (said prostitute was a police woman).

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Get back here! hyper

Get back here! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
Either there has been a discontinuity in the local space-time continuum, or I'm late. smile

Loved it. (As usual, yes, I know. I hope you're not getting bored by reading the same line from me over and over again. wink )

Los nodded. “Yes. And mother might kill him. No one else knows yet. Let’s not mention it now. I shouldn’t have mentioned it either.”
Good riddance. (Did I mention that I don't like Ching?) drool

She grinned a little. <I thought you were the one that was skittish about it.>

Zared nodded. <I am. But no use letting anyone know more than absolutely necessary. I guess I’m going to have to get *unskittish* right away.>
He should. Telepathy has certain advantages. Especially when dealing with reporters or other nosy people.

After an hour and fifteen minutes, Martha Kent walked in and sat beside Hannah. She had the most ridiculous disguise on. She looked like a punked hippie.
This is soo Martha. I can see her doing that. (Even more so than being portrayed in the nude.)

It looked much like the vest that Clark had worn on the mother ship when he underwent the ceremony of union to Zara.
Does this vest hold some significance to K'al? Just wondering.

Los nodded affirmatively at Caitlyn as he thought to Clark, <Father, you are struggling. Take a five minute break. Go to the bathroom. Get something to drink.>

Clark shook his head. <No, I’m fine.>

Caitlyn looked up. “Go.”
Hmm. Caitlyn developes some telepathy herself, huh? Who would have guessed...

Martha giggled. “Superman, you don’t look much like yourself with scrubs on. You look more like someone else.” She winked to let him know what she meant.
It's a good thing that no reporters have slipped through. Especially that a certain Ralph hasn't done so.

J’on nodded and smiled. <I think you really need to be at the meeting. I’ll suggest rescheduling it. Better yet, I’ll say *you* wanted it rescheduled.>
Yeah, Clark certainly wants to attend this one.

Suddenly he was stopped by someone. How dare someone stop him. It was so beautiful. He wanted to go towards the light.
As if his mother was not beautiful. Stupid boy.

Jon was looking past his mom. He was overcome by the beauty of the light. He started towards it again.
Always listen to your mom! Don't go there!

“Oh, Jon, I was so proud of you the way you helped Lara. She found out what happened to me, didn’t she?” Jon numbly nodded. “I want you to tell her how much I love her.
That's wonderful. Well done!

“I’m taking him in there to examine him so knock if you need to come in. Then he’s taking a nap.”
Some examination it is...

She supposed that date that Brandilyn had arranged by ‘buying’ Superman must have worked out better than anyone thought imaginable.
You bet!

He stood up and walked out the door. He leaned toward Jessi. “Are you going to the family get together over the weekend?” She nodded. “Should be interesting, don’t you think?”

She looked at him wildly. “You… you’re coming?”

He nodded. “Just remember to stay calm when I get there. It won’t be obvious.”
Perhaps Clark should take a course in maintaining a secret identity, himself. He doesn't do too good a job of it recently.

Zared nodded. <I had Chloe tell Jenni to call me in sick. I guess if I try to get some sleep, though, I could still make it to the Planet.>

Clark raised an eyebrow. “Sick?”

Zared shrugged. “I figured that sounded as good as ‘family emergency’. It’s not like I could tell them the truth.”
Perhaps Zared could teach him? Nah, he had his own slip. At least he has learned his lesson.

Clark chuckled. “Well, your sister and I *are* friends.”

She rolled her eyes and shrugged. “Friends. Uh-huh. Good friends. *Very* good friends. Call if you need anything.”
Friends, indeed. sloppy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Maria and Olympe.

I will love to see everyone’s reaction specially Zara, Clark and Bruce Wayne.
Yep, should be interesting.

Love it! hyper

Get back here! hyper

Get back here! hyper
Right away. I promise!!

Either there has been a discontinuity in the local space-time continuum, or I'm late.
Nah. Your daughter needed you.

Loved it.
Thank you!!

Another thing that makes me like Caitlyn. She is quite thoughtful.
Yes, she is.

She was. Clark should give his children a course in superheroing, including issues like 'How to handle reporters', 'How to stay on the good side of the law' and 'How to protect a secret identity'.
Yes. He might have to set up classes. But then he hadn’t expected any of them to go public so soon. But some of it, he would have been telling them all along - or at least as soon as they knew.

Which areas? Can I get a glimpse?
Hannah might not like sharing…

It probably looks a lot like the one he wore when he underwent his own Ceremony of Union to Rya. The one she probably took off later.

Hmm… Los is probably keeping in contact with him. But she might have seen Clark shaking his head no, too.

As if his mother was not beautiful. Stupid boy.
Yes, she is, but he was drawn toward the light.

“Oh, Jon, I was so proud of you the way you helped Lara. She found out what happened to me, didn’t she?” Jon numbly nodded. “I want you to tell her how much I love her.
Glad you like it - especially since it was your suggestion.

He nodded. “Just remember to stay calm when I get there. It won’t be obvious.”
Perhaps Clark should take a course in maintaining a secret identity, himself. He doesn't do too good a job of it recently.
Well, he has been sick. One doesn’t always think straight when one is sick. And he knew that he would show up to the family thing as Clark Kent - not Superman. Best to give her some warning so she wouldn’t totally freak out. Wouldn’t want her to think her sister was sleeping with two different guys, would we?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Just some short feedback from a rather exhausted Ann here...

“Oh, there you are. Z… FireWind. You have shaved Superman. Think you can shave Steel Lightning’s abdomen?” Zared swallowed hard and nodded. “Ruthie will direct you. Ultra Man and I need to go to the OR.”

Zared looked up at Hannah. <Tiger, eh? You didn’t want to do this?>

Jon interrupted, <Yeah, Tiger.> “And you just be careful with that heat vision. Especially when you get to certain areas.” Even though he was in pain, he grinned ever so slightly.

Hannah winked at Jon as she shook her head no. <No, my heat vision is still erratic. That’s a tricky one. It’s way easier to fly.> Clark and Zared both nodded in agreement.
You know I'm very fond of Hannah and Jon, so I really appreciated that teasing little interplay.

As the nurse directed Zared, Hannah spoke to him, “Dr. Kira and Ultra Man say that Steel Lightning will still get anesthesia. But like your… Superman did, they are pretty sure he will remain awake. The anesthesia will prevent pain, but the telepathy is going to be used to help Steel… ‘allow’ them to do the surgery. Dr. Sommers said that they would put another kind of IV in, too - something called a central line. It’s supposed to go right into his subclavian vein.”

Zared took a deep breath. <So he has to *allow* them to bypass his invulnerability?
Very interesting.

And speak to me with telepathy, Hannah.>

She grinned a little. <I thought you were the one that was skittish about it.>

Zared nodded. <I am. But no use letting anyone know more than absolutely necessary. I guess I’m going to have to get *unskittish* right away.>
Love the "unskittish" thing.

One hour into the surgery, Jon felt like he was going to lose it. He didn’t feel pain per se, but he could *feel* none-the-less. He could feel sensations of tugging and pulling. On top of that he was lying in the most ridiculous position. They had him with his flank area higher in the air than his head and legs. They had told him that was to get better access to his kidney. He didn’t like it.
Oh, gaaaaahh. I have had surgery once, but I was mercifully asleep during the entire procedure. The idea of being awake and more or less aware of what they are doing to you during surgery sounds just horrible to me.

J’on, Zared, and his dad sat near his head. The feeling of three of them being in his head was pretty weird, too. He didn’t know how to describe it. Sometimes it was surreal. Sometimes he felt like bees were buzzing in his head. Sometimes they told him jokes. Sometimes he seemed to sleep. And one thing he knew for sure. Zared and his dad were almost as nervous as he was.
And this doesn't sound too much better. Feeling your father's and your brother's nervousness wouldn't make you feel calmer yourself.

And always there was the presence of J’on in a way he had never felt anyone else before. He had the feeling that if he wanted to that J’on J’onzz, aka The Martian Manhunter, could kill him with a thought.
I always liked the Martian Manhunter. There was a sort of melancholy wisdom about him, a sort of "Know thyself" kind of quality, a kind of "Do whatever good you can do and accept the bad things you can't change" philosophy about him.

“Do you have a name, yet?” Hannah grinned.

“Yeah, she suggested that, too. Lord Krypton.”
Lord Krypton. It sounds cold and threatening. K'al is certainly Clark's least likable child - not that Clark had any part in raising him, of course.

Not knowing that some of them were part human, she wondered if Kryptonians came in ‘limited’ models like the Bokanovsky groups in a Brave New World.
It's been years since I read Brave New World. Hmmm. Were people mass-produced there to meet certain "quality requirements", like cars? You know, this person was made to function like a small Japanese car, but this other person was churned out to be like a burly SUV?

When K’al joined Jon’s mind, Jon thought, <Where’s daddy?> Jon thought to himself how odd that was. He hadn’t called Clark ‘daddy’ for many years. Boys just didn’t call their dad ‘daddy’ when they were older.
Right now, in this situation, Jon is like a small child.

<’Kay. Love you. Brook and Jama say so, too. They say they can’t call you so far.>

Clark smiled a little. <Well, you tell them that I love them, too.> He could just imagine how well it was going over for Brook and Jama to realize that Lara could do something they couldn’t.
I feel rather sorry for Jama and Brook, having this adorable, smart and talented little sister who makes everybody completely lose interest in the middle sisters.

‘Oh, hey. Look at that. Isn’t that pretty. It’s so bright.’ He felt like he was walking towards it. How could he be walking? He was lying in a bed. No. He *was* walking straight toward the beautiful white light. He smiled. Suddenly he was stopped by someone. How dare someone stop him. It was so beautiful. He wanted to go towards the light.

“Jon. It’s not your time.”

“Mom? But it’s so beautiful.”
This is a tad too religious for me. But who am I to complain when we get to see Lois in this story again?

I’m sorry I’m not there for you honey. I wish I could be. But I sent Los to you so he could help you. Otherwise you might have died.”
Well, I sure love the idea that Lois is looking out for her boy, so that *she* was the one who made sure that Los would be there with Jon when he needed surgery.

“No, it’s not time. You have a *very* long life ahead of you.
I just wish that Lois could have had someone looking out for her, too. Because she got a very *short* life. whinging

Now, Jon, listen to me. Don’t be afraid to love Hannah. If you continue to be afraid, you will lose her - just like I almost lost your dad. I was afraid, too. But Jon, I know you are more afraid of yourself than you are of Hannah. Don’t be afraid because of what your brother did.”
Good. Tell him, Lois.

“You… you know about Zared?”

She smiled and caressed his cheek. “Of course I do. I’m his mother. Oh, yes, I know I didn’t give birth to him, but he is my son.
Oh, I love this.

And I know he has shared things with you that perhaps he shouldn’t have. Jon, honey. You won’t make the same mistakes.”
Trust you Mom, Jon.

“I… uh… So I shouldn’t be afraid?”

“No, Jon.” Her eyes smiled. “One more thing. Tell Claire that I love her and I wish I could be there to hold her when she cries. Tell her to trust Clark. She can tell him anything.”
I wish Lois could have spoken to Claire more in person... but I'm very much looking forward to finding out what message Lois left for Claire in that novel.

Jon was looking past his mom. He was overcome by the beauty of the light. He started towards it again.

She snapped, “No! You can’t go! She touched his arm and showed him where to find something special. “Oh, Jon, I was so proud of you the way you helped Lara. She found out what happened to me, didn’t she?” Jon numbly nodded. “I want you to tell her how much I love her. Oh, Jon, I love you so much. You are so handsome and talented and smart.” Then she gave him a shove and pushed him back into life.
This is rather lovely. (And Lois is disappearing, and I'm teary-eyed again.)

He tried to speak but couldn’t because of the tube. <Mom? Where’s mom?> Jon frowned, then closed his eyes and went to sleep. Clark just shook his head and was glad Jon had fallen asleep.
And so Lois disappears like a fading dream. Will Jon remember her when he wakes up? Will he tell Claire what Lois said? Will he tell his Dad anything?

I have to confess that to me, this chapter pretty much ended when Lois exited it. But I am looking forward to seeing what will happen to Claire and to Jon and Hannah. Oh, and I hope I will see Los stand up to K'al too, of course.

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
quote: Either there has been a discontinuity in the local space-time continuum, or I'm late.

Nah. Your daughter needed you.
Nah, it was something else. But that doesn't belong here.

Which areas? Can I get a glimpse?
Hannah might not like sharing…
I feared that. But she doesn't have to know...

It probably looks a lot like the one he wore when he underwent his own Ceremony of Union to Rya. The one she probably took off later.
So, it does hold a certain significance... Sweet memories.

Hmm… Los is probably keeping in contact with him. But she might have seen Clark shaking his head no, too.
True enough. I was just teasing, though.

quote:

quote: “Oh, Jon, I was so proud of you the way you helped Lara. She found out what happened to me, didn’t she?” Jon numbly nodded. “I want you to tell her how much I love her.

Glad you like it - especially since it was your suggestion.
It's still you who did it.

Best to give her some warning so she wouldn’t totally freak out. Wouldn’t want her to think her sister was sleeping with two different guys, would we?
Why not? You're no fun!
wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Ann.

You know I'm very fond of Hannah and Jon, so I really appreciated that teasing little interplay.
More of Hannah and Jon in the next chapter.

Love the "unskittish" thing.
Made up a new word…

Oh, gaaaaahh. I have had surgery once, but I was mercifully asleep during the entire procedure. The idea of being awake and more or less aware of what they are doing to you during surgery sounds just horrible to me.
If you have procedures with local anesthesia, you can still often feel the pulling and tugging sensations. I just extended that so that general anesthesia would not actually make Kryptonians or Krypterrans go to sleep - so it would be more like local anesthesia. It doesn’t hurt, but it can be unnerving.

I always liked the Martian Manhunter. There was a sort of melancholy wisdom about him, a sort of "Know thyself" kind of quality, a kind of "Do whatever good you can do and accept the bad things you can't change" philosophy about him.
Yes, I like J’on J’onzz, too.

Lord Krypton. It sounds cold and threatening. K'al is certainly Clark's least likable child - not that Clark had any part in raising him, of course.
Yes, he is cold and threatening. Wait til the next part.

It's been years since I read Brave New World. Hmmm. Were people mass-produced there to meet certain "quality requirements", like cars? You know, this person was made to function like a small Japanese car, but this other person was churned out to be like a burly SUV?
I don’t know. You’d have to ask Olympe. It was her suggestion. I’ve never read Brave New World.

Right now, in this situation, Jon is like a small child.
Glad you caught that.

Now, Jon, listen to me. Don’t be afraid to love Hannah. If you continue to be afraid, you will lose her - just like I almost lost your dad. I was afraid, too. But Jon, I know you are more afraid of yourself than you are of Hannah. Don’t be afraid because of what your brother did.”
Good. Tell him, Lois.
You’ll like the next part (which I will be posting as soon as I read it one more time).

She smiled and caressed his cheek. “Of course I do. I’m his mother. Oh, yes, I know I didn’t give birth to him, but he is my son.
Oh, I love this.
Thank you.

And so Lois disappears like a fading dream. Will Jon remember her when he wakes up? Will he tell Claire what Lois said? Will he tell his Dad anything?
Yes, he remembers.

Oh, and I hope I will see Los stand up to K'al too, of course.
He might not win, but he’ll stand up to him, and he will defy him, and he will do things that will make his brother furious.

True enough. I was just teasing, though.
Gotcha.

Best to give her some warning so she wouldn’t totally freak out. Wouldn’t want her to think her sister was sleeping with two different guys, would we?
Why not? You're no fun!
Well, you wouldn’t want her to get up and announce to the huge family gathering that Clark Kent was Superman.

Kerth
Kerth
quote:

quote: Best to give her some warning so she wouldn’t totally freak out. Wouldn’t want her to think her sister was sleeping with two different guys, would we?

Why not? You're no fun!

Well, you wouldn’t want her to get up and announce to the huge family gathering that Clark Kent was Superman.

--------------------
No. But Jessi taking Caity aside, accusing her of two-timing it... lol

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
*dies* Ralph Spagoda! I don't care if he gets anotehr last name in the series. that's hiss official last name from now on. too hillarious.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, a leaver of feedback. Thanks, ToketsuPuurin. You like that little Ralph Spagoda bit, eh?

Here's how this came about:
Ralph....

And for those of you who didn't get the joke: Rivka was pulling my leg about Spagoda being Ralph's last name. I didn't get it. The joke is, as Lara pointed out above, that she was making a pun about Ralph's Pagoda. Oh, if I'd only said it out loud. But even when I realized what was going on, I left it in. rotflol

I hope it sticks. Ralph now has an official last name: Spagoda.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard