Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35241 12/06/06 08:02 AM
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh, boy... I truly hope that I'll never become such a horrible doctor.

Great part...really angsty. You did a great job in portraying both Lois and Clark's fear. I was biting my nails.

A quick note...you'd normally take the bone marrow sample from the "iliac crest", yeah, great, just another strange word. Okay, I did read pelvis a few times, so I guess that word is okay. The leg has a *lot* of muscles.

But anyway, freedom of the author rules.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Poor Clark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get back soon and please get Clark out of this situation!!!!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#35242 12/06/06 08:07 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Can I just say "ow."
And "o.w"
Did I mention "ow"?

I smell some hardcore trauma on the horizon. Do tell me you're not planning on ending this just when they getting out...

wink
alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#35243 12/06/06 08:14 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Does shades of Josef Mengele ring a bell?

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#35244 12/06/06 08:27 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ah. So you're a doctor, Bakasi? Ah, yes. Very nice.

I actually did do a little research and found that the bone sample was usually taken from the hip...but...uh, well, to avoid any...unpleasant...views...I thought I'd be a little creative and do his leg so the position wouldn't be so...awkward. I tried to justify it to myself that, if my memory serves me rightly, the femur produces most of the blood cells for the body.

Okay, I'm geeking out here. Besides, I realized that the muscle in the leg and all would provide more opportunity for angst. I hope it worked out all right, and was credible enough...

For anyone worrying about a sudden and abrupt ending to this story right after the physical ending, you can stop worrying. Honestly, this story looks like it's going to be stretching out to perhaps even 50K words, or more (maybe much more, but I don't want to overestimate and perhaps disappoint), and after that...maybe even a sequel.

Did I really just start this fic a little more than a week ago? When have I found time for this? When am I going to find time for this? Arghh!! splat

...Sorry about that. Anyways, thanks for reviewing...

SmirkyRaven

#35245 12/06/06 10:03 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Did I really just start this fic a little more than a week ago? When have I found time for this?
I've been wondering the same thing, but I'm definitely not complaining! You certainly set the bar high for us 19 year old college students. goofy

Now, on to the story.

Oh, god. I never considered myself particularly squeamish about these things. I don't have problems watching ER or House or things like that... but I could barely bring myself to read this. Poor Clark!

Is this revenge for my last fanfiction.net review? I didn't mean it as "torture him more"! Don't take it out on him. mecry

Who am I kidding? CONTINUE!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#35246 12/06/06 10:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dizzy

Good scary part. Looking forward to more.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#35247 12/06/06 11:43 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know what I like in a story: angst, and lots of it, followed by lots of comfort. But what goes into the final draft is definitely affected by the reviews.

So, Jesse, it wasn't revenge. It was more of...permission...that you gave me in your review. Yes indeed. And considering the reactions I've gotten...I'm going to be on a high for a week at least. Maybe it will carry me to finals week alive!

However, I am taking a sort of vote from my readers and reviewers. I still have some angst certainly planned (at this point there is no way to get out of here without at least a little...or a lot...more angst), but by some of the utterly shocked and horrified reviews that I've been getting I was wondering what people's opinions are. How much more of it can you take? Was this too much?

Thanks,

<crosses fingers>

SmirkyRaven

#35248 12/06/06 12:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ak this story is just too painful for me. Sorry. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#35249 12/07/06 04:53 AM
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ah. So you're a doctor, Bakasi? Ah, yes. Very nice.
More like going to be...

As I said, freedom of the author rules.

Just in case you want to know something...I'm a medical student in my 4th year. Just ask. I know or can find out easily.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#35250 12/07/06 05:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's definitely angsty but somehow, I'm drawn to it. It is very well written and I almost break into a sweat just sitting here reading.

I am looking forward to Lois and Clark getting away from all of this.

I am an operating room nurse and I can see some of the doctors I work with getting so caught up in the "specimen" that they are detached and almost inhuman. I've said to a couple of physicians before, "When is enough enough?" when obviously they are at a dead end but they keep going, experimenting, trying to do heroics. The only difference is that our patients are asleep. I realize that research is how we advance but sometimes I think we go overboard.

Anway, I think this was well written. I say keep writing. Writer's choice! dizzy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#35251 12/07/06 01:49 PM
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I’m not sure I want to read more of this mecry . Not that it’s not well written or anything, but the pure torture here is getting too much for me.
Is there going to be any light at the end of the tunnel here? Maybe I’ll just read the FDK from now on, to see how things are going. Sort of like reading the end of a book first to see if you like it. How long is this story going to be?
Still have to say one more time, this is very well written.

Please save them from the hellhole they’ve ended up in.

#35252 12/08/06 04:10 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Oh my god, what an angst fest this is. I am going to take a cue from the title and hope against hope that this is all a dream, because I can't see how you are going to sew this up pretty and neat at the end. Especially since I don't recall that you promised to put your toys back. But it certainly is an engrossing tale!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#35253 12/09/06 06:16 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oooooooooohweeeeeeeee! It's sad to see one of Jonathan’s warnings coming alive. A parent's fear. How on earth are Martha and Jonathan going to react to the torture their son had to go through. I'm hoping here that he makes it out alive and sacks all the baddies. Then again, would he tell them?

It's amazing how people can do this to other things. Such monsters.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard