Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35208 12/05/06 07:00 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
First Again!!!

When she returned to her office, Lana found herself face to face with a woman. A woman who was snooping around her desk!
Lois…

"My name is Lois Lane," she said in an exasperated tone, "I'm supposed to be meeting with Clark Kent at 10 AM. So would either of you please be cooperative and get him? He'll be able to confirm that we have an appointment. Trust me. Just one of you move your little butt and get your boss for me. Okay?"
This made me laugh out loud.

Oh. God. Lois' blood ran cold. That was him? How could that be? She'd seen him trimming the hedge, for crying out loud! What sort of millionaire trims his own hedges? Her eyes grew wide and her face turned a deep shade of crimson.
More giggles…

"Annoying? Lana, mosquitoes are annoying. Lois Lane... she's... fascinating." He sighed.
Smitten.

There weren't a lot left to pick from, but she was satisfied with what she had managed to find anyway. It was romantic in a sad sort of way and she liked that about it.
No chicken suits, eh?

Eight minutes later and still no sign of Lex anywhere, Lois backed out of his driveway and left.

"Go to hell!" she spat, her eyes narrow with anger.
Oh, good. She left him. But darn if he didn't show up...

Lois felt her cheeks flush. Just what she needed! She could have gone without having everyone think she was with him. She didn't care that people saw them together at all, but the fact that he'd just called her darling so loudly, well... people were bound to imagine that they were together in a much different sense. This, she could easily have lived without.
Give him a piece of your mind, Lois.

The Phantom tapped Don Juan/Lex on the shoulder.
Ah-ha! Clark to the rescue!

As she found herself in the Phantom's arms, Lois felt a surge of something she could only describe as sheer joy run through her. She didn't understand where it had come from.
Bet I know.

Clark motioned towards an empty table not too far way. Still somewhat dazed, Lois nodded and walked with him in that direction. He pulled out a chair for her, then sat down as well.
Snap out of it, girl. Your interview… and more awaits.

"I'm leaving," he told her.
Don’t do it, Clark. Stay!

"I'm sorry, I... My heart really isn't into it, Lana. I just want to be alone," he said, sounding downright miserable.
Oh, poor, Clark. I hope Lana gives Lois a piece of her mind for upsetting Clark so.

More, more, more, more, more, more....

This is just a great story, Lara.
party

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First Again!!!
hehehe! smile Worth brownie points for sure.

"Annoying? Lana, mosquitoes are annoying. Lois Lane... she's... fascinating." He sighed.
Smitten.
Oh, he's desperately in love. wink
You know... this mosquito line is definitely one of my favs in this story.

Ah-ha! Clark to the rescue!
Yup. Clark: 1 - Lex: 0

Forgot to bring out the bottom dweller on this one *lol* Here are a few notes:

- You've reached Joe and Kathleen's place. --> Joe and Kathleen are the characters in "You've Got Mail", one of my fav chick flics. I almost made it Harry and Sally, but that was too obvious.

- it's Bu' Bunny, Mommy! --> ah... this is only meaningful to me, but... when I was a kid - a kid who did not speak a word of English - I used to say his name like that ("Bu' Bunny" cause "gz" was too hard to say). He was my hero. Timmy in that scene is *totally* me when I was 5.

- when Lois is dancing with the Phantom and they're talking about Don Juan and not seeing him triumphant... In the novel ("Fantôme de l'Opéra"), the opera that Erik (the Phantom) wrote is called "Don Juan Triumphant". This was me showing off some of the useless knowledge stored in my head.

- Lois' dress would look something like the image here

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Merriwether
Merriwether
Lara, you incorporate canon so perfectly into this.

The Clark tap on the shoulder... loved it. Especially since this time, Lois is grateful.

I wonder who Elvis could be? hmmm... wink

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
"And who are you? His body guard?" she threw at him, without thinking.

"Actually, no. I'm Clark Kent," he told her, one of his devastating smiles playing at his lips. "Pleased to meet you," he added, extending his hand in welcome.

Oh. God. Lois' blood ran cold. That was him? How could that be? She'd seen him trimming the hedge, for crying out loud! What sort of millionaire trims his own hedges?
I am torn between laughing at Lois' distress and feeling sorry for her.

Why did she keep running off like that?
oh, sweet irony!

Please tell me those were real FBI agents and not some guys taking advantage of this sweet lady. Thinking back, they seems altogether too nice for the profession.

Well, duh, Lois. The Phantom is Clark. Don't you ever watch romantic movies? smile

She smiled at the double entendre. It was nice to meet someone who had enough culture to understand what she meant
I guess I need to go read/see Phantom, because I didn't catch that exchange. But they are talking well together, which is what is important.

I feel so bad for Clark. frown But great chapter!

No chicken suits, eh?
LOL, Nancy!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh Wee! Thanks guys!!

I wonder who Elvis could be? hmmm... wink
Someone Lois is going to have to learn the do the Jailhouse Rock for eventually. ROFL.

Please tell me those were real FBI agents and not some guys taking advantage of this sweet lady. Thinking back, they seems altogether too nice for the profession.
They're the real deal. I guess they probably are being too nice, yeah... But anyway, if anyone does take advantage of Kathryn, it would have to be "octopus man" - if you see what I mean.

I don't know if the explanation for the "Phantom exchange" can be found in the movie or the musical -- I haven't seen either. But it's in the book. (see my notes in the 2nd post)
And I don't know how he is other than in that book, but actually I believe that the Phantom persona would have fit Luthor much better than it does Clark... (since he tries to force the girl to love him and the man who does love her thinks he's evil and all that) Then again, some of this character fits Clark pretty darn well, too...

Coming up in part 6:
- Lois has regrets
- Lois meets Batman (hehehe!)
- Lana has a plan
- Lex is starting to have serious problems
- Kathryn... she's a smart cookie! smile
- and Lois makes a new friend (hehehe!)
- oh... and Clark? mmm... you'll see!

Columnist
Columnist
I loved this part! And I'm so glad you had Clark come to her rescue. So fitting. smile I wish she'd stop running away from him though! He obviously wants to talk to her and they both feel that same connection. She's making Clark sad, she's not allowed to do that! frown

Ok, I'm ready for the next part. Lana needs to talk to Lois and knock some sense into her. And Lois needs to ditch her partner (and her paper, for that matter) and have a nice long chat with "Elvis" so she can start working for a real news organization!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
have a nice long chat with "Elvis" so she can start working for a real news organization!
Oh goodness, I am dense. Of course that was Perry. Duh!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile thanks guys!

Yep, Elvis is Perry and she'll be seeing him again for sure.

And don't worry about Lois making Clark sad in that part -- she'll make him very happy just a little later. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard