First Again!!!

When she returned to her office, Lana found herself face to face with a woman. A woman who was snooping around her desk!
Lois…

"My name is Lois Lane," she said in an exasperated tone, "I'm supposed to be meeting with Clark Kent at 10 AM. So would either of you please be cooperative and get him? He'll be able to confirm that we have an appointment. Trust me. Just one of you move your little butt and get your boss for me. Okay?"
This made me laugh out loud.

Oh. God. Lois' blood ran cold. That was him? How could that be? She'd seen him trimming the hedge, for crying out loud! What sort of millionaire trims his own hedges? Her eyes grew wide and her face turned a deep shade of crimson.
More giggles…

"Annoying? Lana, mosquitoes are annoying. Lois Lane... she's... fascinating." He sighed.
Smitten.

There weren't a lot left to pick from, but she was satisfied with what she had managed to find anyway. It was romantic in a sad sort of way and she liked that about it.
No chicken suits, eh?

Eight minutes later and still no sign of Lex anywhere, Lois backed out of his driveway and left.

"Go to hell!" she spat, her eyes narrow with anger.
Oh, good. She left him. But darn if he didn't show up...

Lois felt her cheeks flush. Just what she needed! She could have gone without having everyone think she was with him. She didn't care that people saw them together at all, but the fact that he'd just called her darling so loudly, well... people were bound to imagine that they were together in a much different sense. This, she could easily have lived without.
Give him a piece of your mind, Lois.

The Phantom tapped Don Juan/Lex on the shoulder.
Ah-ha! Clark to the rescue!

As she found herself in the Phantom's arms, Lois felt a surge of something she could only describe as sheer joy run through her. She didn't understand where it had come from.
Bet I know.

Clark motioned towards an empty table not too far way. Still somewhat dazed, Lois nodded and walked with him in that direction. He pulled out a chair for her, then sat down as well.
Snap out of it, girl. Your interview… and more awaits.

"I'm leaving," he told her.
Don’t do it, Clark. Stay!

"I'm sorry, I... My heart really isn't into it, Lana. I just want to be alone," he said, sounding downright miserable.
Oh, poor, Clark. I hope Lana gives Lois a piece of her mind for upsetting Clark so.

More, more, more, more, more, more....

This is just a great story, Lara.
party

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~