Next Thread
Print Thread
#35147 12/05/06 02:20 AM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Maybe it was just a logo, like the BMW propeller blade or the Mercedes star, something that would be found on many Kryptonian spaceships. It could mean anything or nothing, really, and as he fingered it, he remembered what his mother had said, that since he didn’t know what it meant, he would need to be the one to make it mean something.
The first part is funny, the second part ... I don't know what word to use. Touching? Very good, anyway.

"his bits and pieces" - LOL! CK is not of the "if you've got it, flaunt it" school of thought.

He’d spent the night trussed up in the clothing of two separate identities, and when the moment finally came to cast off one and become the other, he’d reacted instinctively as Clark Kent and forgotten the other guy completely.
A great line explaining who this man really is.

“You like him,” Lucy said, grinning from ear to ear. “Which means, once we put it through the Lois Lane translator, that you’re hopelessly, passionately in love.”
smile

“Which is about as romantic as overgrown armpit hair.” Lucy rolled her eyes.
LOL!

A great chapter that tells us a lot about the inner workings of these people. Love it!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#35148 12/05/06 02:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Most excellent!!! smile I adored the conversation between Lois and her sis. Lucy is just so cool! hehehe!

And thanks for skipping over Lex Luthor. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#35149 12/05/06 03:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#35150 12/05/06 06:24 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Caroline, this was absolutely animated! I loved it! Please, more soon! peep

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#35151 12/05/06 07:01 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
What an adorable chapter.

Lucy is the best at getting Lois to admit her feelings. I notice Lucy goes mad dog when the topic is Lois love life. I loved that.

The overgrown armpit hair...too funny.

Although that's kind of romantic in France, I think.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#35152 12/05/06 08:45 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Did you notice how I skipped right over the date with Lex? That could have just been a fit of laziness on my part, but I prefer to think of it as an early Christmas gift to Ann/TOC. So Merry Christmas, Ann!
Oh, you bet I noticed, Caroline. And as you probably know, the Lex I see of less, the letter I like it!!! So thank you, thank you, thank you for serving up a Lex-less almost-holiday-feast!!!! hyper

Ann

#35153 12/05/06 09:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! razz razz

“Oh!” Lucy clapped her hand over her heart and pretended to swoon back onto the sofa. “That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard! I think I’m going to cry!”

“Luce. Come on.” Lois gave her sister a shove.

Lucy laughed. “So does Mr. Right have a name?”

“Clark,” Lois said softly, giving her sister what she suspected was an embarrassingly goofy smile. “Mr. Right’s name is Clark Kent.”
Yes! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#35154 12/05/06 10:28 AM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Great part. Loved how self-conscious Clark was about the suit. Him out on the streets looking for some disaster was hilarious.

I'm glad you skipped the "date"--don't need to see it again, really. I never minded Clark hovering outside Lois' window in the Pilot. It kind of showed what she had done to him--he was so far gone he forgot his good manners and spied on her. He did it again in BatP, so I don't think it's really out of character for him.

But I'm glad you're diverging from the Pilot, so the above is not meant to be criticism at all.

More, please!

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
#35155 12/05/06 01:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Loved it, loved it, loved it. Every word of this part.

You made my day and I loved the Lois and Lucy part.

Can't wait for Lois falling head over heels.

#35156 12/07/06 02:15 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Lovely part. I just adore this story. I think you made a good decision in not showing the interview w/ Lex-- not just as a favor but as good writing. We don't really need to see it, just Lois's reaction to it. And I adored the conversation with Lucy. I also agree with your decision to not have Clark hovering outside her window. It really isn't his style. Post more soon!

Hutch

#35157 12/15/06 12:43 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Thanks so much, everyone, for your comments smile

I'm glad the skipping-over-the-date seemed OK. It's really not essential to the story, since in this universe, Lois let herself be impressed by Clark first. I'm finding it a little tricky to do an episode re-write that so closely follows the actual episode. On the one hand, I don't want to leave out anything that's essential to the story, but on the other hand, I don't want to bore people with what they've already seen. Plus, I want to do my own writing, in most cases, rather than just lifting someone else's. Anyway, please do feel free to let me know if you think I've skipped something that needed to be there, or included something that feels redundant or off-trajectory for the story. Those kinds of comments are truly helpful.

Thanks again!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard