Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34716 11/28/06 04:29 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois starts singing, "You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch onto the affirmative, and don't mess with Mr. In-Between."
I found myself singing this, too.

rotflol

Loved it. I thought about answering the challenge, but all I could come up with was, "Well, duh, Lois. What do you think?"

Cute.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Way too funny. Both excerpts hit the mark. clap

Great first fu.. - ah fic. Don't leave it at that!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Thank you both.

Jimmy Interruptus is a term I've seen used for the wonderfully infuriating knack Jimmy has for interrupting LnC when they're making out and beyond.

I so wish that some fics could be turned into movies with Dean and Teri and the cast. Some of them, like Masques, would make a good full-length movie. But also, vignettes like I just wrote could have Lois or Clark doing very weird things.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I started singing again when I saw that this topic was at the top of the list....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Cute! rotflol

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, thought that this was so cute. grumble You found the perfect name for Jimmy, though! laugh

Tell me, woody, what exactly did you mean by this?

Clark was never more thankful for that phenomenon known as Jimmy Interruptus.

Otherwise...
Otherwise? Otherwise? You mean that Lois and Clark's lovely musical duelling, accompanying their necking - and hopefully more than necking!!! - didn't happen because of Jimmy Interruptus?

Where is Tank? He is always up to strangling Jimmy. Ah, woody. Tell me that in woody-world, at least, Lois and Clark did sing those songs to one another as they proved to themselves that they had had sex for love! laugh

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Woody!

I've been away from the boards for awhile so I completely missed this when you first posted. It never occured to me to have Clark sing. Mmmm. That would have been nice. Especially such a soulful oldie like that one.

Too funny - thanks for taking us along with you.

Sue (off to search for her Motown compilation that has the Four Tops on it)

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Merriwether
Merriwether
First of all, I don't think I came up with that term. I read in one fanfic or something. I may have turned it into a name, but I'm not sure.

Secondly, the Otherwise was kind of like a choose your own adventure thing. You can take your imagination and play with ways of torturing Jimmy wink , or you can go into imagining the song version.

Another way you could think of this is like a scene acted out, then "Cut!", and then act it out again.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
First of all, I don't think I came up with that term. I read in one fanfic or something. I may have turned it into a name, but I'm not sure.
Jimmy Interuptus is one of those phrases that crops up naturally out of chat. It was coined by...someone...during discussions, on irc, the mailing lists etc., of the episodes back when they were being first aired, and just caught on, so that soon everyone was using it. Whoever first used it is lost in the mists of time. I dare say over the years it's made its way into fanfic, too, so it's entirely possible you could have seen it there, Woody.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ha! Woody! I just read this. Way too cute. Loved it.

Don't let this be your last fic, you hear?

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I found it used in the Kerth winner for best comedy in 2000 or 2001, Three Capes to the Wind or something.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hey Ann, I just had a thought. Jimmy Interruptus happens, but Wells comes back, says there's a timeline problem, yada yada yada, take two.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
rotflol
Wow! Can't believe I nearly missed this.
Great job, woody!
You're right. It does have a bit of a bloopers-in-the-DVD-special-features-section quality to it. Really cute!
And now to disappear again! (finals tomorrow!)

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kept seeing people post feedback for this, so I went 'a huntin' *lol* Glad I did too, cause this was just so funny. smile

Clark telling an Elvis story was just absolutely priceless. hehe!

Well done!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard