Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Classicalla FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 11/28/06 08:29 PM
Lois starts singing, "You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch onto the affirmative, and don't mess with Mr. In-Between."
I found myself singing this, too.

rotflol

Loved it. I thought about answering the challenge, but all I could come up with was, "Well, duh, Lois. What do you think?"

Cute.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 11/29/06 12:39 AM
Way too funny. Both excerpts hit the mark. clap

Great first fu.. - ah fic. Don't leave it at that!
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 11/30/06 10:22 PM
Thank you both.

Jimmy Interruptus is a term I've seen used for the wonderfully infuriating knack Jimmy has for interrupting LnC when they're making out and beyond.

I so wish that some fics could be turned into movies with Dean and Teri and the cast. Some of them, like Masques, would make a good full-length movie. But also, vignettes like I just wrote could have Lois or Clark doing very weird things.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 11/30/06 10:31 PM
I started singing again when I saw that this topic was at the top of the list....
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/01/06 12:51 PM
Cute! rotflol
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/01/06 02:14 PM
I, too, thought that this was so cute. grumble You found the perfect name for Jimmy, though! laugh

Tell me, woody, what exactly did you mean by this?

Clark was never more thankful for that phenomenon known as Jimmy Interruptus.

Otherwise...
Otherwise? Otherwise? You mean that Lois and Clark's lovely musical duelling, accompanying their necking - and hopefully more than necking!!! - didn't happen because of Jimmy Interruptus?

Where is Tank? He is always up to strangling Jimmy. Ah, woody. Tell me that in woody-world, at least, Lois and Clark did sing those songs to one another as they proved to themselves that they had had sex for love! laugh

Ann
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/01/06 02:26 PM
Woody!

I've been away from the boards for awhile so I completely missed this when you first posted. It never occured to me to have Clark sing. Mmmm. That would have been nice. Especially such a soulful oldie like that one.

Too funny - thanks for taking us along with you.

Sue (off to search for her Motown compilation that has the Four Tops on it)
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/01/06 02:27 PM
First of all, I don't think I came up with that term. I read in one fanfic or something. I may have turned it into a name, but I'm not sure.

Secondly, the Otherwise was kind of like a choose your own adventure thing. You can take your imagination and play with ways of torturing Jimmy wink , or you can go into imagining the song version.

Another way you could think of this is like a scene acted out, then "Cut!", and then act it out again.
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/01/06 02:45 PM
First of all, I don't think I came up with that term. I read in one fanfic or something. I may have turned it into a name, but I'm not sure.
Jimmy Interuptus is one of those phrases that crops up naturally out of chat. It was coined by...someone...during discussions, on irc, the mailing lists etc., of the episodes back when they were being first aired, and just caught on, so that soon everyone was using it. Whoever first used it is lost in the mists of time. I dare say over the years it's made its way into fanfic, too, so it's entirely possible you could have seen it there, Woody.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/01/06 03:59 PM
Ha! Woody! I just read this. Way too cute. Loved it.

Don't let this be your last fic, you hear?

-- MR angel-devil
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/12/06 03:50 AM
I found it used in the Kerth winner for best comedy in 2000 or 2001, Three Capes to the Wind or something.
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/12/06 03:56 AM
Hey Ann, I just had a thought. Jimmy Interruptus happens, but Wells comes back, says there's a timeline problem, yada yada yada, take two.
Posted By: Lady_Mirth Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/12/06 09:14 AM
rotflol
Wow! Can't believe I nearly missed this.
Great job, woody!
You're right. It does have a bit of a bloopers-in-the-DVD-special-features-section quality to it. Really cute!
And now to disappear again! (finals tomorrow!)
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Accentuate The Positive - 12/12/06 10:55 AM
Kept seeing people post feedback for this, so I went 'a huntin' *lol* Glad I did too, cause this was just so funny. smile

Clark telling an Elvis story was just absolutely priceless. hehe!

Well done!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards