Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
C
Nice story, but I think that Lois was a little too forgiving where Clark was concerned. Clark's jealous streak has always been a big thing where his relationship with Lois was concerned he never did like seeing her with another man, but because he loved her and was always willing to give her what she wanted he never really actually would admit he was. Lois knew how Clark would react to her seeing someone else and used Patrick for that reason. Remember she admitted to Star that she loved Clark when they were talking about her thoughts one of them being her wedding. For her to actually ask Clark to look out for her doesn't seem to be in her character because in Contact she told Star that Clark worries too much and while she knew Clark did it because it was his nature, she felt she was capable of looking after herself.

But I really digress, and like I said before this is a nice window into them actually working together in an episode where they didn't. I also felt that when Clark brought up Lex, Lois probably should've actually been more angry given that the problem didn't really start with her seeing Patrick. If you remember in the beginning of the episode when Lois and Clark were going to the auction, Clark didn't really want her on the auction block and tried to outbid everyone until Patrick came in with that $10000 bid which of course Clark could in no way top.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
“I warned you that Lex Luthor was not what he seemed, and I am warning you that Patrick is not what he seems.”
Ouch. Good point, though.

This is a nice alternate ending. But despite Clark's excellent point referenced above, I am not sure Lois would have given in that quickly. For starters, she is as stubborn as a mule (and I mean that in the nicest way) and, second, she is still hurting about Clark ending their relationship and I am not sure she would really listen to what he was saying.

But I still like it. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I always thought Lois should have believed Clark about Patrick. Nicely done.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just popping in to remind you that your story will be very welcome at the Archive , Katie, if you want to send it along. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard