Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34106 11/09/06 03:54 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Nancy - sorry about your aunt. frown (I know I said that elsewhere before, but it can't hurt to say it again)

I was thrilled to see that you'd posted a new part this morning. It was wonderful with my croissant and my coffee. laugh

Clark nodded towards Caitlyn. "Anamarie, Caitlyn and I got married."

"Oh." She looked slightly downhearted but quickly recovered.
ooooh! looks like someone had a little crush? hehe!

"Whatcha watchin', baby girl?"

She bounced and smiled. "Superman!"

He laughed. "You still want to watch Superman cartoons even though you know your daddy *is* Superman?"

She blushed, turned her head sideways, and grinned. "Yep-um."

He tousled her hair. "Can I watch with you?" She answered by crawling into his lap. And so sat Superman and Superman's daughter watching a cartoon about Superman. It surely wasn't anything like his life, but he supposed it was entertaining.
Awww! This is just too cute for words! smile

And Superman, watching a Superman cartoon? It's way too funny. I love it!!!

"You know how to take these, right?" Caitlyn nodded again. Amanda bit her lip. "And Caitlyn, you might want to... umm.... well, you know..."
I wish *I* knew... the medical stuff is lost on me half the time. frown I know what she's got now that I looked it up, but the rest is a complete mystery. (/me hopes you explain it later)

"I think she had hopes, daddy. I mean... successful, handsome, sexy bachelor. Who wouldn't have been interested in her place?"
Nope, I don't see anyone who seems even remotely interested in that. Oh, oh, wait... I had my eyes closed. Let me look again... (LOL!)

Thanks for the cute little moments between Clark and Lara - they always make me smile! smile I'm looking forward to the next part. I hope Jon isn't going to get much sicker... poor guy!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#34107 11/09/06 10:04 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm sorry about your aunt, too. I had the feeling that something was wrong, but I never guessed that.

So, about your story...
It's wonderful, original, witty - in short, WOW - just as I have come to expect.

"Oh, okay." She snuggled up against him and entangled her legs with his. Clark had awakened as men often do, and Caitlyn ran her hand over him appreciatively. "Hmmm...."
Oh, là, là! C'est magnificent! laugh

She nodded. "Pick up other things, too. Don't mean to - just do. Didna know til last week though that I could talk to people like that. Sometimes don't wanna know stuff, but I still do."

Clark raised his eyebrows. "Hunh. We'll have to work on that. Okay?"
Does that mean that Lara might have picked up some other secret identities? Like Batman's? Uh-oh!

"You know how to take these, right?" Caitlyn nodded again. Amanda bit her lip. "And Caitlyn, you might want to... umm.... well, you know..."
I wish *I* knew... the medical stuff is lost on me half the time. [Frown] I know what she's got now that I looked it up, but the rest is a complete mystery. (/me hopes you explain it later)
I know what you're talking about. I've got the very same problem, though I guess I know what Amanda is hinting at. What sort of medication can produce that much awkwardness, after all? blush

"Chloe! Pleeasse. Don't tell, daddy. Please!"

Chloe looked at her sister and hung her head. She shook her head no. "I'm sorry, Claire. Daddy has to know. Like I said. You can tell him... or I will."
Finally!!! Good girl! I really want to know what that guy - Alex - is up to! (What he was up to is pretty obvious, after all.

Caitlyn nodded. "Exactly. Deciding to have sex is a huge decision. Questions?"
Speaking out of experience... a new experience, but experience none the less! clap

Clark took Jon by the shoulders and led him towards the exam room. "The last episode he had with this was really hard on him." Hannah was well aware of that. She had seen how sick he had been. Then Clark hugged Jon. "Shhh...It's okay. It's okay."
What is that all about? That bad? confused

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#34108 11/09/06 10:07 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
<No time, no time, no time, no time> (Ann hums her new mantra)

So this is going to be fdk of the puny kind, I'm afraid, Nancy. First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I was kind of wondering where you've been, since you seemed to have been absent from the boards for a few days, but your aunt's death most certainly explains it.

As for myself, on top of me having no time in the first place, my fridge gave out on me yesterday, and you wouldn't believe the circus that followed... (and it ain't over yet... razz razz razz )

So, your story. I don't know if I'm going to quote at all, but I will say I was enthusiastic when you told us this part was PG-13, though not because of Clark and Caitlyn sex. Yeahhh!!! I was wondering who you'd bring together this time, but I just couldn't figure it out. Zared and Jenni are married, but she is apparently not ready to have sex so soon after having major surgery. Jon and Hannah didn't seem too likely to become going-all-the-way lovebirds, because Jon has been skittish about having sex, and now he seems really sick. You've made me downright worried about him, and I don't like that! In any case, I didn't believe he was "up" to any PG-13 activities. (Sorry... laugh ) And Rya has just had a baby, and it's way, way too soon for anything to happen between Los and Marisol.

And it turned out that the PG-13 stuff had nothing to do with any sort of intercourse, but instead the rating was there because of the gynecological examination that Hannah had to undergo. You wrote it all with empathy and caring for Hannah, as well as with a practical, detailed knowledge of the procedures involved and with a down-to-earth, no-nonsense approach to the whole thing. You described it all in a way which is both medical-scientific and kindly maternal, and it was really so very, very well done. Actually, Nancy, if there is any (young) member of these boards who is about to have her first gynecological examination and is feeling nervous about it, I think she will find your description of the procedure very informative, and, in its own way, quite reassuring.

But, hmmm, Nancy, are you hinting you have little Lara involuntarily listening in on Clark and Caitlyn's sexual activities? I didn't say anything when fourteen-year-old Zared accidentally listened in on Clark and Lois, but goodness, Lara is just four. You need to see to it that Lara doesn't experience what goes on between Clark and Caitlyn, otherwise you'll just have to see to it that these "things" stop happening between C&C! ( Not that I would mind, you know!!! laugh )

It was, of course, absolutely, incredibly, out-and-out marvellously adorable to see Clark and Lara watch a Superman cartoon together! clap

I liked Chloe standing up to Claire, telling her sister that Clark must be told about what Alexis did to her.

I very, very, very much liked Claire asking Clark if he ever brought Lois to the restaurant that Clark is taking his birthday girls to. (And by the way, thanks again for the birthday girls... notworthy ) I don't need to tell you I'm happy every time Lois gets mentioned in your story.

Okay! I really enjoyed this chapter, Nancy. Now I'm waiting for you to fix whatever is troubling Jon!

Ann

#34109 11/09/06 12:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#34110 11/10/06 02:05 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nancy,

I'm running in and running out today as I'm mid chasing my tail and I don't know who's winning!

Just a very quick message to say that Part 34 is brilliant and even more gripping.

Really looking forward to more, more, more and MUCH more!

Have a good weekend, wave wave

Regards,

A VERY harrassed Stuart.

#34111 11/11/06 02:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, everybody!! Feedback is always sure to make me smile!!!

ooooh! looks like someone had a little crush? hehe!
Yep, she had a little crush.

"I think she had hopes, daddy. I mean... successful, handsome, sexy bachelor. Who wouldn't have been interested in her place?"
Nope, I don't see anyone who seems even remotely interested in that. Oh, oh, wait... I had my eyes closed. Let me look again..
Especially that bachelor....

Am I lucky to have been sitting on a bench! If I had sat on a chair, I'd have fallen off laughing!
Glad you liked the bits about Caitlyn's... umm... build.

As for myself, on top of me having no time in the first place, my fridge gave out on me yesterday, and you wouldn't believe the circus that followed... (and it ain't over yet...
Uggg.....

And it turned out that the PG-13 stuff had nothing to do with any sort of intercourse, but instead the rating was there because of the gynecological examination that Hannah had to undergo. You wrote it all with empathy and caring for Hannah, as well as with a practical, detailed knowledge of the procedures involved and with a down-to-earth, no-nonsense approach to the whole thing. You described it all in a way which is both medical-scientific and kindly maternal, and it was really so very, very well done. Actually, Nancy, if there is any (young) member of these boards who is about to have her first gynecological examination and is feeling nervous about it, I think she will find your description of the procedure very informative, and, in its own way, quite reassuring.
Thanks, Ann. Had I put in on the 'other side', I would have gone into more detail.

But, hmmm, Nancy, are you hinting you have little Lara involuntarily listening in on Clark and Caitlyn's sexual activities?
NO!! Nononononononono.... I meant to indicate that Lara is picking up more simple things - you know like: Brook ate the last brownie and denied it and things like that. (And no she doesn't know who Batman is, either, but maybe she will.)

It was, of course, absolutely, incredibly, out-and-out marvellously adorable to see Clark and Lara watch a Superman cartoon together!
Thanks!! I'm glad all of you liked this!!

And yes, you guys, I'm going to 'fix' Jon, but it won't be an easy fix. And Los will be prominent in that 'fix'.

Hannah and Marisol will find out who their biological fathers are... with a surprise.

Cystitis is a bladder infection that some women tend to be more prone to than others. It's also a common problem for.. well, let's say females very new to certain situations.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#34112 11/16/06 05:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ peeks her head into the thread...>

I just had to tell you something, btw, I do read your epic "A New Hero" from time to time. It's not easy for me because it's so hard for me to see Clark with anyone but Lois. But I just love the way you write Lara. You are so talented at that. I don't have any kids myself, and I'm not around them that often, so I doubt I could pull off writing one... at least not for very long. I tried a little bit with Jason, and just that little bit was tough.

Anyway, I just had to jump on here and let you know that I do peek in on your story from time to time and read it... and laugh at the sweetness of Lara.

She shook her head no. "Want sleep with you."

He held her and murmured, "Shhh... it's okay. What's wrong, honey?"

"Dream... Bad dreammm." Her tears had not calmed at all but had turned into sobs.

"Okay, let's go get you teddy bear, and..."

"Nooooo... I won't go..." She sniffed. "I won't go back there," she sobbed.
Awwww. She's so adorable! Makes me want to scoop her up and take her home with me. Oh, and the way Clark calls her his "baby girl" - that just makes me melt...

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#34113 11/16/06 06:35 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my goodness. DJ has peeked into my feedback. I'm honored.

It's not easy for me because it's so hard for me to see Clark with anyone but Lois.
Yes, I realize this is hard for many folks, but I wanted to explore what would happen to Clark if Lois was dead and he had kids. I also wanted to explore the idea that he could move on with his life. I also know that many people won't read my epic for just the reason that Lois isn't in it.

But I just love the way you write Lara. You are so talented at that. I don't have any kids myself, and I'm not around them that often, so I doubt I could pull off writing one... at least not for very long.
Thanks. You don't know how much that means to me... especially since I don't have kids either. Considering that, I do think I do a pretty good job with the young 'uns.

#34114 11/17/06 04:20 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks. You don't know how much that means to me... especially since I don't have kids either. Considering that, I do think I do a pretty good job with the young 'uns.
I don't know about the older ones, but Lara pretty much reminds me of my three-year old daughter, so, yes, you are doing pretty well.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#34115 11/18/06 12:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Time to drop in and let you know I'm still following this story. smile I agree - Lara is adorably portrayed, and hey, this story is also educational. I'm learning all sorts of medical stuff along the way. laugh

Yvonne

#34116 11/18/06 12:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Yvonne. I hope I'm keeping up with making the readers feel what the characters are feeling.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard