Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Woohoo! DJ's story is back! [Linked Image]

DJ, you've no idea how happy I'm seeing your story back! And with a plus of 'our' Lois and Clark! drool

“Ah, so you are actually awake and not sleep-dressing? I was beginning to wonder when I realized you’d put on brown socks with your blue suit,” she teased him.

He looked down, wiggling the toes on his right foot, and smiled sheepishly. “I swear they looked black when I put them on.”
LOL! grumble

He grinned at her. “The ones who have the son, Jason. Do you think they’ll work things out? I know it’s totally selfish of me to feel this way, but since I’m him... err, he’s me... you know... in that other universe... I want to see him end up with Lois.
Hey, me too! I want to see every Clark end up with his Lois, in whatever universe. [Linked Image]

She felt her cheeks flush. “Well, once we found out we could have kids, I didn’t figure we’d stop at just the one." She reached down and rubbed her stomach affectionately. It had only been a few months since the Supermen had united together to defeat Tempus... but she and Clark had made good use of the time.
Guess there's a baby on their way. [Linked Image]

She smiled mischievously at him. “Lois Lane able to turn down Superman? Yeah, I’d like to see that happen in any universe.”

“So does that mean...” He began to loosen the knot on his tie, sliding it down his chest, "...that I’ve got you at my mercy?"

“Completely.”
Why, oh, why are we in PG folder? grumble

Her mind flashed back to the feeling of that body beneath her fingers. He was the strongest man in the world and yet somehow he made himself so soft for her. His skin had been so alive with warmth and velvet perfection as she slid her fingertips across the lines of his chest.
WOW! This is so HOT! [Linked Image]

He deserved better. He deserved more. He deserved her fidelity.

But she hadn’t been unfaithful to him.
Not? Really? Maybe not in actions, but in her mind... Why is she unable to stop thinking about Clark and their night together? dizzy And I hope she doesn't be stupid to tell publicly that Jason's father is Superman. That would put Jason in danger and the poor boy couldn't live in peace. She could say her and Clark had one-night-stand, a fling, anything before his 'expedition around the world', and it turned out she got pregnant. It wouldn't be exactly a lie. evil

Now... when is next part?

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, hooray!!! I didn't get to read your story last time until it disappeared! I'm so glad to see it back.

Oh, damn, DJ, I love the beginning of this story! (Actually, I love the rest of it, too, but don't distract me now, hmmm?) Just consider this:

He looked like he was obsessing.

She hated it when he obsessed. He over-thought and over-analyzed things way too often. He, of course, said she didn’t analyze things enough... but maybe that’s why they made such a good team.

Well, one of the reasons, anyway.
Hmmm, yes, good analysis of Lois and Clark... so what could the other reasons be why they make such a good team?

She leaned forward and kissed him softly on the lips. “Honey?”

“Mmm,” was the only answer she got.

She tried again, moving her kisses from his mouth, across his jawline and down the side of his throat to that particularly *sweet* spot of delicate skin just above the collarbone. She sucked gently. “Honey?”
Aaaaawwww!!!! That particular sweet spot of delicate skin just above Clark's collarbone, which, of course, only Lois knows about.... You realize what a happy smile you put on my face every time you do that, DJ? laugh

“Lois? You do realize that we’re already ten minutes behind schedule?” he finally responded. The look on his face, though, told her that he didn’t really care.

“Ah, so you are actually awake and not sleep-dressing? I was beginning to wonder when I realized you’d put on brown socks with your blue suit,” she teased him.

He looked down, wiggling the toes on his right foot, and smiled sheepishly. “I swear they looked black when I put them on.”

“Well, that wasn’t the only indicator that I had a problem on my hands. If I hadn’t taken the can of shaving cream away from you and handed you your hair gel, you were going to try applying it to your hair.”
Oh, oh, so lovely. This distracted darling of a mildmannered superhero hunk is a side of Clark that only Lois gets to see, I'll bet! (Unless he really makes it to the office with brown socks to his blue suit now and again? Hmmm... what else could he be forgetting? Whooops! My mind is bursting with outrageous images, but let's try to stay focused, now.... laugh )

She rolled her eyes at him. “Just stuff. That’s all you’re gonna give me?" She poked him in the ribs, doing her best to find his ticklish spot. It wasn’t easy to find. When he finally did a funny little dance and jerked away from her touch, she knew she’d found it.
And only Lois can find his one ticklish spot! Did you know they once mentioned this spot in the comics, too?

He reached out and pulled her into his arms and gave her an affectionate squeeze. “Everything you do has an *effect* on Superman.” He kissed her hungrily.

She pushed him away, protesting, “Nuh-uh. No way, Kent. I’ve let you wriggle out of explanations this way before. To this day, there are still things that I know I meant to find out from you, but for some reason the details are hazy.”
Ooooohhh!!!!! So totally adorable!!!

“I know how you feel. I know how much you want to have kids and how much you’ll adore them when you do have some of your own...”

“Some?” He raised his eyebrows at her.

She felt her cheeks flush. “Well, once we found out we could have kids, I didn’t figure we’d stop at just the one." She reached down and rubbed her stomach affectionately. It had only been a few months since the Supermen had united together to defeat Tempus... but she and Clark had made good use of the time.
Are you saying that Lois and Clark have a little Lane-Kent on the way??? (Please say they do!!!! grovel )

“Honestly, I hope they end up together. In my opinion, poor Richard doesn’t have a chance.”

He caught her meaning. “Really? You think she finds Superman that irresistible?”

She smiled mischievously at him. “Lois Lane able to turn down Superman? Yeah, I’d like to see that happen in any universe.”

“So does that mean...” He began to loosen the knot on his tie, sliding it down his chest, "...that I’ve got you at my mercy?"

“Completely.”
Aaaaahh!!! Yes!!!!

<<<“Do you want this, Clark?” she asked him pointedly. “I want to make love to you, Clark. Isn’t that what you want...?”

She watched the muscles in his throat work as he swallowed nervously. “Yes, but...”

“No. No buts. If you don’t want to do this, if you tell me you want me to stop, I will. I would never force this on you. But you have to tell me that you don’t *want* this. Tell me, Clark. Tell me you don’t *want* this, that you don’t *want* me.” Her voice was raw and pleading.

“I...” She ran her hands up his chest and pulled lightly at the collar of his suit. “Oh, god, Lois. You have no idea how much I *want* this.”>>>
I love it! A flashback to that wonderful story you wrote about Kate-Lois and Brandon-Superman's lovemaking in his Arctic Fortress!

Her mind flashed back to the feeling of that body beneath her fingers. He was the strongest man in the world and yet somehow he made himself so soft for her. His skin had been so alive with warmth and velvet perfection as she slid her fingertips across the lines of his chest.
And this... the sheer sensual beauty of this is... amazing.

Clark glanced up at her, noticing the way she was staring at him. “Lois, is something wrong?”

She flushed and looked away quickly, becoming fascinated with the last inspection notice of the elevator. It had been a while. It was probably due for some service. “No. I’m fine.”
And this little snippet... I keep telling you I love things about your story. But I adore this. This totally exquisitely perfect little piece of realism is just so... perfect. Can't all of us female readers sympathize with Lois's embarrassment and her need to look somewhere else when Clark has caught her staring at him? And isn't it so typical that our gaze so naturally drift to any written message in our proximity? And what would that written message be in an elevator, if not an inspection notice? And isn't it true that any time you actually happen to look at the inspection notice in an elevator, it turns out that the elevator hasn't been inspected for quite some time (so for all you know, it could be crashing down about now)?

I love it, DJ. Pure genius!!!

As they walked past Clark to go out the door, Jason shook his hand free from his mom’s and walked up expectantly to Clark. Clark knelt down where he was more at Jason’s level and Jason wrapped his arms around him, giving him a quick hug.

“Thank you,” the boy chirped happily and started to turn away, “...and thank Superman.”

“You’re... welcome,” Clark cleared his throat. “I will.”
Oh, this is so painful! Jason doesn't know that that Clark is Superman (though he did figure it out in the movie - not that that detail needs to be there in your story) and he doesn't know that Clark, or Superman, is his father. Talk about making Clark feel lonely and ignored, when Jason doesn't pay him more attention than that (even though Jason was being a nice and well-behaved boy when he thanked Clark as much as he did).

He had fallen asleep so many nights thinking of her and wishing there were some way he could have a life with her.

And he could have... if he had only been braver. If he only hadn’t left.

Now it was too late.
Well, heartbreakingly enough, it may indeed be too late, at least in the movie world of Superman. I'm sure we all hope it's not too late for Lois and Clark in your story though, DJ!

[Lois? Lois, oh my god, what happened to you, honey?] Richard was saying. He ran to her, embracing her tightly. He kissed her fiercely on the lips and then hugged her again. [I was so scared. Are you all right?] He put one arm around Jason, bringing him inside the hug he was sharing with Lois.

Clark blocked out the sounds and looked away, unwilling to watch any more. His heart constricted inside his chest.
So unbearably painful!

It was a picture of Richard and Jason at the lake. Jason was much smaller, maybe three-years-old? Clark wasn’t sure. He hadn’t been around children enough to be able to tell how old they were.

Jason had a pair of brightly-colored blue inflatable water wings on his arms. Clark looked a little closer and realized they had a familiar red and yellow crest on them.

That was odd. He thought Lois had been furious at him after he’d left. Why would she have let their son wear Superman... anything? He would have thought she would have banned the name from her house after everything that had happened.

Then he kicked himself... of course at that point she didn’t remember everything that had happened. She just knew Superman was gone and she didn’t know why.
This is so poignant and painful, too. Lois had given her young son inflatable water wings with Superman's red and yellow 'S' on them. She really ought to have hated Superman for leaving her after making her pregnant, but, indeed, she didn't remember that Superman was Jason's father, because Clark had stolen her memory of it. (And how ghastly would it be to be pregnant and have no memory of when and where and with whom it happened?)

One more picture caught his eye. It was taken when Jason was really small; it looked like Richard was teaching him how to walk. Jason’s little hands were wrapped tightly around Richard’s two index fingers and he had one little foot propped up in the air to take that next step.

Clark would be there for him because he *wanted* to be...

But also because he knew Jason needed him to be there.

Richard had taught him how to walk, but, when the time was right, Clark would teach him how to fly.
Like everybody has pointed out already, this is just so wonderful, DJ.

Yay!!! This is a wonderful start. Please come back with more soon!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Andreia!

I'm so happy you're happy. drool

Ann! Oh Ann! How your fdk made my day. I'm glad to see it back too... glad I was able to meet the guidelines in order to post it.

You know, I just figured you'd love the beginning of the story. Glad I didn't disappoint.

You realize what a happy smile you put on my face every time you do that, DJ?
blush

(Unless he really makes it to the office with brown socks to his blue suit now and again? Hmmm... what else could he be forgetting? Whooops! My mind is bursting with outrageous images, but let's try to stay focused, now.... )
laugh <DJ shakes her head knowingly>

And only Lois can find his one ticklish spot! Did you know they once mentioned this spot in the comics, too?
Really? How funny!

Are you saying that Lois and Clark have a little Lane-Kent on the way??? (Please say they do!!!! )
Umm, no comment, I guess you're just going to have to finish reading the story. wink

And this... the sheer sensual beauty of this is... amazing.
Thanks. Sue enjoyed that particular description (velvet) too.

Ann, have I told you lately how I totally adore how you find certain little descriptions in my stories to highlight... like the inspection notice in the elevator. I'm so glad you noticed that and liked it. But genius? Wow. Thanks!

Jason doesn't know that that Clark is Superman
<DJ whistles nonchalantly...>

Yay!!! This is a wonderful start. Please come back with more soon!
Thank you. I will post part 2 sometime tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who has posted fdk so far, either in this fdk thread or the old one. I hope if you read the original part 1 that you will go back and read the revised one. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

And thank you too, to all of you who sent private fdk and e-mails to me. They were most appreciated.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
She reached down and rubbed her stomach affectionately. It had only been a few months since the Supermen had united together to defeat Tempus... but she and Clark had made good use of the time.
Is she pregnant, is she????

“Lois Lane able to turn down Superman? Yeah, I’d like to see that happen in any universe.”
No kidding!

He was waiting for her to make up her mind, to come to a decision. She hadn’t given him a decision, yet. She hadn’t told him to get lost, that she and Richard were going to get married and live happily ever after.
Honey, if you were going to marry Richard, you would have done it a loooooong time ago. Stop kidding yourself.

Clark watched her go, feeling like she was taking a piece of his heart with her. He was going to lose her. He didn’t know how he knew it, but he just knew it.
no,no,no,no,no. Because DJ is not that mean. She and her muse are going to give us a nice, sweet, waffy story. Aren't you, DJ?????

Richard had taught him how to walk, but, when the time was right, Clark would teach him how to fly.
Still love this line!

I am so glad you didn't give up on this story, DJ. Looking forward to more!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay you are back. Great story. I really really want Lois back with Clark but poor Richard. What will you do? Can't you accidently off Richard, or have Richard find out he's really gay or something<g> Anyway more heart breaking chapters soon. God I wish this were in NFIC. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah! Andreia came back. laugh

Glad you liked the Lois and Clark section, and there will be another one at the ending...

Why is this in the PG folder? Ehh... DJ was taking a break from the arduous task of writing *n*. laugh I promise there's plenty of waff and fluff though, and some "lead up"...

WOW! This is so HOT!
Umm, yes, like I was saying...

Not? Really? Maybe not in actions, but in her mind... Why is she unable to stop thinking about Clark and their night together?
Why indeed...

I loved this line! Brilliant!
Oooh, thank you. Everyone really seemed to like this one. blush

I'm glad I've got your curiosity perked. I hope I'm able to deliver.

Next part? I hope to post in the morning... I guess it's the continuation of the "breakfast club" as Ann so aptly called it before. wink

Hi Lisa! Thank you for the additional fdk!

Is she pregnant, is she????
I guess you'll just have to wait and find out. wink

no,no,no,no,no. Because DJ is not that mean. She and her muse are going to give us a nice, sweet, waffy story. Aren't you, DJ?????
Hah. Well I did promise lots of waff and fluff... but what's this about me not being mean? Hmm... as I distinctly recall, Andreia bumped up my status from Empress to full fledged Queen after Supermen United. And you know the saying (not really - I've never heard this saying before): Once a queen, always a queen... goofy

Glad to hear you are looking for more. I'll have part two in the morning.

Thanks again everyone. You all are wonderful!

-- MR laugh

Oh, and you wish this was in the NFIC folder huh? Well, I really was taking a break from the *n* side, but that doesn't mean there can't be a bonus at the end... who knows. It all depends on the mood of my muse. wink

Thanks Laura!!!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohhhhhh, hooked on a sequel! (which totally makes me want to sing the 1970s song ah ah ah ah ah, hooked on a feeling!)

*ahem*

Anyway, I just couldn't resist a sneak peek even though I didn't read the first story. I'm just not much of a universe hopper when it comes to reading, although I love the premise!

But anyway, I'm sort of dying to see where this one goes for some reason...It's really the lure of Superman Returns fanfic... :p

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Jen!

(which totally makes me want to sing the 1970s song ah ah ah ah ah, hooked on a feeling!)
lol Oh, now *that* was funny. laugh

Anyway, I just couldn't resist a sneak peek even though I didn't read the first story. I'm just not much of a universe hopper when it comes to reading, although I love the premise!
Can't I even tempt you to read the first story by telling you that it tells the story of alt-Clark? Mmmm, alt-Clark... You universe hop a little bit, but eventually everyone all ends up on the LNC universe in that story. laugh

But anyway, I'm sort of dying to see where this one goes for some reason...
Hee hee... glad I have captured your attention.

-- MR angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love the story.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I enjoyed the earlier one but I am having trouble getting in to this one.

My problem is that the Richard of Superman Returns is very like the Clark of LnC and the Clark of SR is still just a cardboard cutout.

It was clear in S2 that Superman in that 'verse could not have sex while superpowered. It was also clear that Lois didn't have any interest in the unpowered Clark. Period.

In SR when Richard asks Lois if she loved Superman her answer makes it clear that what she loved was the costumed superhero not the man in the suit.

And I can't picture Clark in any 'verse NOT understanding the bond between Jason and Richard.

Clark better than anyone can understand, after all he knows how he and Jonathan felt about each other.

I'd like to see an SR story wherein Clark levels with Richard, not Lois, and Richard starts including Clark as a "Uncle" in things.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi James! Thanks for the fdk and I'm glad you're loving it.

Framework4 --

You enjoyed the earlier one, I'm assuming Supermen United (SU)? Thanks. I'm sorry you're having trouble getting in to this one. Many of the "issues" you've mentioned didn't change in my story from SU to SD (Superman Divided) - SD is based on SR but also SU.

In SU I avoided the issue of Superman not being able to have sex with Lois while Superpowered. I personally think that was a stupid plot device and didn't even really see it that way myself (okay, so I was young when I saw the movies). I saw it that the reason they made love after he became human was because that's when Lois found out who he really was, and they were in love and he had given up his powers to live a regular life with her and they wanted to "share" that love.

So in this story and in SU - I refused to mention that particular plot device. These stories were crossover stories between several universes and if *our* Lois & Clark from LNC can make love (superpowered or not) then by golly, all of them can. laugh

I also have to disagree about Lois not having interest in unpowered Clark. I think "Clark" had the problem with unpowered Clark - not Lois. Clark tried to beat that guy up in the restaurant and got beat up instead and took a hit to his masculinity. I think Lois would have still loved him if he had remained unpowered... but that's just my opinion of course.

In SR - I felt like Lois was completely taken aback and embarrassed by Richard's question about whether or not she loved Superman. I think she bumbled through that conversation and remained as vague as possible because she didn't feel comfortable talking to Richard about it - and because of Superman leaving, wasn't really sure how she felt about him. And I also think she lied when she said she didn't love him. At the end of the movie when Superman comes to visit Jason, she starts to tell him she loves him. She mouths the words, but she breaks off. I don't think at that point that she "remembers" who the man in the suit is. She is in love with Superman, I think, but doesn't remember he is Clark.

Also, in this story I meant to convey that Clark understands the bond between Jason and Richard... he understands that Richard is his daddy and has been there all along... but he's torn because he now knows that Jason is his son, and he wants to have a relationship with him too. Up till now he had felt all alone in the universe... he had gone to Krypton hoping that he wasn't alone... but he told his mother that he was alone... the last of his kind. So Jason would be really important to him.

Also remember too that yes, Jonathan was his father, and Martha was his mother, but he still wished he could have a relationship with Jor-El (at least from what I noticed). He LEFT his mother to travel to Krypton to see if anyone had survived. I think that Clark/Superman is a little different from the Clark we know on LNC in that respect. *Our* Clark seems to be a LOT closer to Martha and Jonathan than the other incarnations - imho.

But of course everything I've said is based on my own interpretation of the stories and my own opinions of the characters. But do remember that my story is not based strictly on the characters from SR... but on the evolved characters from Supermen United. The ones who had a chance to talk to all the other Loises and Clarks... who had a chance to see how things worked in other universes... who had a chance to mend things a little with each other...

Anyway, thanks for the fdk Framework4. I do appreciate it. laugh

-- MR angel-devil

Top Banana
Top Banana
*Pokes her head into the thread* Yeah… no one has been in here for a while.

*Practices Necromancy and brings it back to life*

Okay DJ, I have promised real FDK for you on this and real FDK you shall get. I actually had this halfway typed up about a week ago and then closed the word doc I was cleverly writing it in with out closing. (Cause a word doc looks like I am actually doing work and not typing a forum post. Ohoho sneaky am I!)

He looked like he was obsessing.

She hated it when he obsessed. He over-thought and over-analyzed things way too often. He, of course, said she didn’t analyze things enough... but maybe that’s why they made such a good team.
Maybe this is why I like your Clarks so much. I am just like them. I obsess waaaay to much. I find it a cute quality… Well I try to tell myself it is a cute quality since it is one I hold myself. Hahaha!

She giggled. “Okay, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration.” He raised his eyebrows at her. “All right, a lot of exaggeration.” She smiled at him. “So, what’s on your mind?”

“Just stuff.”

She rolled her eyes at him. “Just stuff. That’s all you’re gonna give me?" She poked him in the ribs, doing her best to find his ticklish spot. It wasn’t easy to find. When he finally did a funny little dance and jerked away from her touch, she knew she’d found it.
Haha DJ!! Are you sure you aren’t spying on me in my home?? This is the same thing that me and my boyfriend do. He asks me what is wrong, I tell him nothing, and then he pokes at me and tickles me until I tell him.

Clark had been so sweet... trying to comfort her and reminding her that it was their love that mattered... not some piece of jewelry.
I’m glad you added this bit. I always wondered how they dealt with that and if she would always be upset over it. Looks like she still would be but at least there was a bit if a happier ending to it. ^_^ Babies!!! laugh

Haha, great line... and oh what truth does it hold!

“Did Superman find her?” Jason asked, looking past her to the man who stood behind her. His face looked bright and hopeful.
The way he directs this at Clark makes me think that he knows who he is. smile I can’t remember if he did from the Superman United or not… I’d have to go back and read it though.

Okay, I know everyone quoted this but wow… just loved this line. ^_^ Thank you DJ for sharing this with us!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! Jojo! Thank you!

I've pulled that sneaky little trick myself drool

-- MR angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She tried again, moving her kisses from his mouth, across his jawline and down the side of his throat to that particularly *sweet* spot of delicate skin just above the collarbone. She sucked gently. “Honey?”

“Mmm hmm?”

Not the reaction she was hoping for.
Definitely distracted.

but it pains me to think of that Clark without his Lois.”
Bet I know somebody who agrees with this wholeheartedly. (We wrote a little round robin with her….)

“Completely.”
HaHa!!

She wasn’t sure how he managed to change himself so completely between his personas, but he did. Not just in his looks either, but in his manner and personality as well.
Two different people…

He didn’t turn to look at her, keeping the look that was distinctly Clark on his face as he stared down at the elevator controls. She watched as several emotions seemed to flow through his body and face, vying for control.
Poor Clark…

His legs suddenly felt weak and he sat down in one of the chairs in Richard’s office. He looked through the walls that separated him from Lois as she walked hand in hand with Jason into Perry White’s office.
Awww…

Great story, DJ. I'm glad you were able to post it.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard