Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33555 10/21/06 11:14 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yeah, Lara has posted another part!!

Lois went back to the newsroom, a bright smile on her face. He was here now and everything would be OK again. Clark - Superman! - was back in Metropolis.
Yeah!!!
~~

"Listen, Jimmy..." Lois pleaded, "There are two, possibly even three, super-powered guys out there trying to stop a madman that's controlling the weather. This is your chance at an award winning photograph, trust me!"

"Yeah, but Lois, Metropolis is a big city," Jimmy argued, "They could be anywhere. Who's to say we're going to see anything besides lots and lots of water? I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good pair of shoes just to make you happy."
Jimmy is so funny here.
~~

"He's back?" Jimmy asked, clearly excited. "Why didn't you just say so?
Ah, now we know who Jimmy's real hero is!
~~

Flash stopped on a dime and sank right into the water.
Wouldn't that be great if we could all just run on top of the water?
~~

You know, I seem to remember you being almost as fast as I am.
Faster....
~~

I just loved the interaction betweed Speedy and Supes. That was just so darn cute. You can't see it, but I'm smiling broadly.
~~

"Oh don't be so full of yourself,"
Oh, I just love this. It so describes Flash.
~~

"Ok, let's be serious for a second..." Superman started, "I tried blowing that cloud away, but it just wouldn't budge.
There's that Smallville bit that you'd already come up with....
~~

Was the water really deep enough for Aquaman to swim in?

Well, yeah, I guess so. Metropolis is turning into another Venice... Three feet of water! Gadfries.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#33556 10/21/06 11:59 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Please, Lara, forgive me for just saying this. I've never watched the animated Justice League cartoon on TV, but I read the Justice League comic book back in the sixties and loved it. You really managed to capture that somehow "playful" atmosphere of that comic book, which gave me a feeling as if these brightly clad superheroes were really a bunch of kids who loved to dress up and go out and play coppers and robbers or something. Like I said, you captured that playful mood so wonderfully. (Admittedly the Flash was more "serious" when I read about him in the comic book, but what the heck....)

I really enjoyed this chapter! laugh

Ann

#33557 10/22/06 08:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thanks! I'm glad you liked this part!

Jimmy is so funny here.
I'm having so much fun with Jimmy. hehe! Wait til you see what he does in the next part. laugh

I just loved the interaction betweed Speedy and Supes. That was just so darn cute. You can't see it, but I'm smiling broadly.
Yay! Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Like I said at the start of my post, I'm quite proud of that part - I wanted to give it a "comics" feel, I'm glad it worked!

"Ok, let's be serious for a second..." Superman started, "I tried blowing that cloud away, but it just wouldn't budge.
There's that Smallville bit that you'd already come up with....
Well, sort of. At first, I did have Superman blow the cloud away... Then Smallville came up and I decided I was going to change that part. And actually, it's not a bad thing that I did... it enabled me to do something more interesting with the little interaction between the Wizard and Livewire than what I had originally planned.

Was the water really deep enough for Aquaman to swim in?

Well, yeah, I guess so. Metropolis is turning into another Venice... Three feet of water! Gadfries.
There's about three feet of water by then, yeah. Could be a little more depending on the terrain and all. wink I figured it would be enough... It's raining like flippin' hell out there - if you notice it goes from about a foot and a half to close to three in a matter of minutes (like... uh... magic? LOL) It's realy cataclismic, I wasn't kidding. wink

Ann, I almost expected you to complain that there were too many villains here. *lol* I did throw in three super guys, though, didn't I? And did I tell you I thought a lot about you while I was writing it? I think I said this before... well, I'm saying it again. smile Everytime Flash comes up, I find myself hoping you'll think I did a good job with him.

You really managed to capture that somehow "playful" atmosphere of that comic book, which gave me a feeling as if these brightly clad superheroes were really a bunch of kids who loved to dress up and go out and play coppers and robbers or something.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's what I was going for and I'm glad you think I managed it.

(Admittedly the Flash was more "serious" when I read about him in the comic book, but what the heck....)
Yeah, I know... I seem to remember him being more serious as well. Although, everywhere I've ever seen him, he was always just a touch less "stiff" than Superman is. With other people, I don't think he'd be so relaxed, but with other superheroes, I think it's normal that they're all a little less formal.

In the "Speed Demons" episode of Superman (the animated series) they have Flash acting like he's the be all and end all - he's *really* full of himself. I toned it down quite a bit, he's just being a bit silly... he's teasing more than he seriously thinks he's superior.

Thanks again for the comments! I appreciate them more than you know. sloppy

Back to writing I go. smile Part 9 is almost done and likely to be posted tonight. Tomorrow at the very latest.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#33558 10/23/06 12:28 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
It was all *her* fault! Why, oh why, did she have to go and announce to the world that Superman was gone? What else could he have done but try and stop her? He'd known since the second they met that she would be his downfall. She could make his blood boil like no one could and mess with his head in such a way he should never have let her.

That damned flamboyant, impulsive - and insanely beautiful - blue pain in the butt! She'd done what he feared she might do, what he knew she would if he wasn't careful... she'd pushed him right over the edge and he'd reacted in a fit of rage, without thinking of the consequences.
Some-body's got aaa cru-ush!

Great banter between "Supes" and "Speedy"!

Yes, mostly A-plot, but such good A-plot! I love your writing, it is fun and cheeky!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#33559 10/23/06 01:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Some-body's got aaa cru-ush!
hehehe! yeah. smile I put that in as an afterthought one night... LOL! I dunno, I couldn't help it. And it turns out it's going to be a big part of the prequel, when I get around to writing it.

The prequel is mostly about how Livewire became who she is and how the SRS came to be. It's not going to be very long, cause unless I come up with a brillian idea, there won't be much Lois or Clark in it. Some Superman, since it's his fault, but.. anyway... I have a good chunk of it sitting on my hard drive already.

I think I've got a thing for Livewire myself. LOL!

smile Thanks for the comments, Lisa. I'm glad you enjoyed this part. Your comment about the a-plot really made my day!!

Since I started with this story I keep having the feeling that people are tuning out 'cause it's heavy on the a-plot and I've gotten myself depressed over it several times over... As much as I like cute and sweet and waffy, I happen to like writing the story that goes around that - I have a lot more practice writing that sort of thing than I do writing romance, in reality. Mind you, I'm trying!! I've got a really sweet scene that's coming up in a further part that I hope will make you guys go "awww!" a few times. hehe! And I've got some of the work done on an nfic epilogue (imagine that!!) but the truth is, I mostly like writing the a-plot in the story. Unfortunately, I know that it's not what most people here are looking for, I just need to try harder not to get depressed over it so much... wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard