Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah Chris, I adored this chapter! I just wanted to say that I could totally see Clark flying with Lois and having LabRat, beautifully dressed up in a splendid cape, dangling beneath them. Aaaah, what an adorable pooch!!!

And hey, I liked seeing Lois as a super seamstress. Being fat has certainly meant that she has learnt a number of new skills. And she was trying to teach Clark a new skill, too - the skill of saying, out loud, that he is in love with a fat woman. He didn't quite succeed, but he did pretty well anyway:

Clark rolled his eyes at her. “I’m in love with a beautiful woman who has curves in all the right places.”
Adorable! sloppy

And hey, I loved this:

“He’s doing okay,” Lois observed. “His nose is out of joint. He’s sniffing things up here that no dog has ever smelled before.”
His nose is out of joint - what was it Hamlet said? The time is out of joint - o woe, that I'm the one who has to put it right again? Something like that. Anyway, meet LabRat, the canine rodent with a streak of Shakespeare and the disposition of a super-poochie!

I just loved Clark and Lois's - and LabRat's - meeting with Bernard Klein. What a sweet gentleman he is in your story! sloppy

I'd like to comment more on this chapter, but I'm in such a hurry. But I love this chapter, and I love your story, Chris!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, I'm flattered - two feedback threads started!
Thanks, guys !

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
“You know, when you’re a plus-size woman, it’s easier to make your own clothes than go through the grueling dressing-room scene.”
This is so absolutely true.

I want you to say this aloud to me: ‘I’m in love with a fat woman’,” Lois insisted. “C’mon, do it!”

Clark grimaced. “Lois, I’m not-“

“Say it!” Lois said, her eyeballs ready to pop out of her head. “I’ll feel better if you say it.”

Clark rolled his eyes at her. “I’m in love with a beautiful woman who has curves in all the right places.”
This is me and my husband all over.

cute chapter!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The things you miss when you're not reading fanfic! I only belatedly caught this while doing the TOC updates... :rolleyes:

Then I had to go trawling back to check this out. laugh

You named the dog LabRat? eek thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, Labby! I was waiting for you to commnent, as I suspect, was everyone else!

(I assume that you're a dog lover, judging by your icon!)

Yes....maybe you don't watch Smallville, I know that it has a love-hate relationship with most of the board members, but when Shelby was introduced in the "Krypto" episode, he had been a Luthor Corp experiment. So I thought how much fun it would be to have Alt-Clark and Lois visit the old farm and have a dog wander onto their property - and have Lois nickname him "Lab Rat" when Clark discovers a electronic ID tag imbedded in his skin.

Then, for more fun, I had them meet the original "LabRat", Bernie Klein!

And by the way everyone....I have performance appraisals to do this weekend so writing the next chapter is going to be on hold for a couple of days....I'll try by Tuesday/Wednesday to post the next chapter!

Labby....LabRat is a very very sweet golden retriever.....of course that's not his real name...but it's a nickname that Lois doesn't want to give up! LOL

Chris

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Labby! I was waiting for you to commnent, as I suspect, was everyone else!
Aw, shucks. Sorry I took so long to cotton on. I don't really visit this folder these days, much, unless it's to do the TOCs. It was only the fact that I caught my name in the header of this thread that enlightened me at all. I'd have sailed right past it otherwise. blush

(I assume that you're a dog lover, judging by your icon!)
Oh, yeah. The avatar is our current pack leader, Homer. Or, as Stuart is wont to call him, The Young Master. He pretty much rules the roost. laugh

I unfortunately haven't had the time to read all of your story, Nancy, but the little bit I gleaned about them finding LabRat was a lot of fun. smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chris, we miss you!

Ah, the fun we have with RabLat's name... er LatRat... er MabLat... er LabRat. Yeah, that's it!! (Referring to the round robin that was on the boards a bit ago....)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, I agree with Nancy! We need a bit more of not-so-skinny Lois. And ever-handsome Clark. And LabRab...eh...LatRab... eh...LabRat!!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the wake-up call,guys. I am working on the next chapter as we speak. Between performance appraisals and my branch office relocation I've been out-of-control busy!

Soon, I promise...no later than Sunday! Then I'll be back on track again.

Chris

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok guys, I'm going to post a 1/2 chapter tonite...sorry but for the next 2 weeks my work life is a nightmare...

Try to finish the chapter by the end of the week....thanks guys!

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard