Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
I like this story!

Clark was a country boy through and through; he'd probably have dropped down onto one knee as soon as she told him.
Yep.

Mike wasn't psychic; he just had really, really sharp hearing.
My first thought was, duh, Lois, he is Clark's son! But then I remembered that this breaks off from the show after PML, so she doesn't know that Clark is Superman. So, duh, me!

"I'm trying!" Lois snapped, "You're the one yelling and carrying on; you think maybe you're scaring him?"
That's our Lois! She doesn't take any crap, even from a guy with krytonite and a gun.

"The Hell YOU'RE gonna!" Suddenly, Lois' heel connected with the man's jaw, sending him sprawling across the room.
Ditto. Love Lois!

But how could he be so perfectly fine such a short while ago and then, when the hold-up man opened the box of Kryptonite---

Kryptonite.
And the penny drops.

TBC Next Week
Next week?! oh man! You're mean smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start! thumbsup Wow! What a mother wouldn’t for a son life.

He'd screamed when the man opened the box; it almost sounded as though he was in pain. But, that was ridiculous! Kryptonite only affected Superman. Didn't it?

Then there was Mike's sharp hearing. Lois knew that children had sharper hearing than adults, but how many could hear a conversation that was going on two rooms away?

This was insane; it was beginning to sound like Superman had gotten her pregnant, even though she knew perfectly well that Mike's father was Clark.

Clark.

Come to think of it...

When that pheromone made everyone at the Planet act crazy, he was the only person who stayed sane throughout the whole ordeal. Why wasn't he affected?

Superman, of course, wasn't affected either...

And she'd never seen Clark and Superman in the same place at the same time.

That corn-shucking rat!
Clark is so dead. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Wonderful Job. I'm hooked already. Can't wait for more.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry about the short feedback, but this is great as always. Eh...as nearly always.... Didn't you just post a fic called Farewell? A deathfic? A fic where... hmmm... this person died. Please don't give us a repeat performance here, OK? You know what I mean!

Otherwise, great fic! So funny! You had me laughing so much at this:

She simply couldn't face him once she found out. How could she? After all, they weren't romantically involved ---they had only recently come to consider themselves good friends---so what would he do? Probably marry her. Clark was a country boy through and through; he'd probably have dropped down onto one knee as soon as she told him.
Imagine the horror of having to face Clark when he had gone down on one knee! rotflol

And she has to leave the Daily Planet, because...

Lois didn't want to see the nightmare her life would become once everyone learned she was pregnant. Ralph, especially, would manage to make a huge nuisance of himself, comparing her to whales and other large mammals, and commenting on how unbelievable it was that Mad Dog Lane was knocked up! There would be snickering about how the hard-bitten reporter had been gotten in a delicate condition by the mild mannered farm-boy from Kansas.
I just love the way you (and Julie) put this, particularly the last sentence! wildguy wildguy wildguy

Okay, looking forward to the rest of this, Mary!

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
dance dance dance dance
That corn-shucking rat!
Delightful. Looking forward to the next part.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I've turned into a sucker for kids lately when it comes to fanfic. I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Back again!

Lois suddenly changed direction. The hospital was not going to do Mike any good; he needed very special attention, and Lois could think of only one person who could provide it. Hoping that she wouldn't be too late, she set a course for Metropolis.
confused If the kid is unconscious Metropolis is a long trip she better call Superman.

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mary, I just wanted to say that your vignettes really impress me, I just wonder why haven't you written any longer stories? lack of time?

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL That corn shucking rat! Love that line. Cute idea. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, guys!
Thank you for the feedback so far. I'm glad this is going over so well. smile

I hope I wasn't amiss in posting this without telling Julie first---(and I guess at the rate things are going, there's still plenty of time if she wants to glance over the ending). This is my first co-write, and it was lots of fun. smile Julie is awesome! laugh

Originally posted by Arawn:
Mary, I just wanted to say that your vignettes really impress me, I just wonder why haven't you written any longer stories? lack of time?
Ah...more like lack of plot. blush The way my mind works, I've had difficulty taking a scenario from a definite beginning, through a middle, to a clear-cut ending. Usally--and I think I've mentioned this before--my idea will turn into a complete world in and of itself, and so I use vignettes to take a "snapshot" of this world. A good example would be my Martha and Lara series, which you can find on the archive.

Thank you for the praise! laugh

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good to see more from you this week, Mary! Don't forget to send this and your other vignette to the Archive, you hear? laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just got around to reading this one. smile I like it! I love stories that revolve around the children. smile It will be interesting to see what Lois plans to do exactly when she gets there.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
I truly loved it! Great, great, great!

What will Lois tell Clark first? That he's a father, or that she - finally - realized that he's Superman?

Will she kill him before he ever sees his son?

Will she expose him in front of others, maybe in the newsroom?

So many possibilities...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Whoa! What a start! I'm off to read the next parts.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard