Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Nice chapter, Rhea smile

She might be infatuated with Superman, but he knew that she was Clark Kent’s friend no matter what.
heartwarming!

Tell me one thing that you can do that I can’t,” she insisted.

Clark considered her for a moment, wondering what exactly she was trying to prove. Was she trying to say in a roundabout manner that his powers didn’t really matter? Isn’t that the attitude he had always hoped that she would adopt?

He answered cautiously, “Well, for one thing I can see through things.”

“I’m very observant as well. In fact, I saw that Perry was having some sort of issue at home just this very morning. He also ate a doughnut, against his doctor’s recommendations, I might add.” Lois said this very smugly.

“You know that’s not what I mean.” Clark was thrown for a second. “Perry’s having trouble at home?”

“Oh, he said he and Alice had a small fight. It’s probably nothing that won’t sort itself out in time. You’re changing the subject. Tell me something else you can do that I can’t.”

“I can fly.”

“That’s just silly, Clark. You know I have loads of unused frequent flier miles.”
I love this, it's like she is being deliberately obtuse. But as HG Wells said, blinded by love...

The whole next section is so funny. You are a nice comic writer!

I find the whole thing confusing at times, too.
I am glad he told her that.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Rhea, I really enjoyed your story. It even had premise I haven't seen done but thought about.

“That you have bladder or bowel problems,” she said in a rush.
When people constantly leaves and just as suddenly comes back this would be my first thought. I always imagined that Lois assumed Clark’s disappearing acts was of a personal nature and that she didn’t want to pry at least until they started to get close-close.

“You’re just like all men. You think that because I’m a woman I can’t do what a man can do,” Lois huffed. She crossed her arms in front of her and leaned back, clearly mad at her partner.

“Lois. It’s not about being a woman. There are just certain things that I can do that . . .well. . .that others can’t.” She could be so frustrating some times. He was trying to be gentle. He didn’t want Lois to think that he thought of her as any less because she didn’t have superpowers.

“Tell me one thing that you can do that I can’t,” she insisted.
This one had me laughing for real and that is rare.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rhea, I've just gotten caught up with this story, and I love it! There are so many wonderful moments, as others have pointed out in the previous feedback threads. I suspected Perry from the start with the note, since it was typed - I think if Clark was going to confess his love in a note, that he would have handwritten it.

I loved the conversation between L&C where each thought he had figured his secret - but not! As a big fan of Scarecrow & Mrs. King, I liked the fact that Lois had put two and two together and come up with a secret agent.

And then their great conversation in this last part that continued with them talking at cross-purposes. Like Clark, I also broke out laughing with Lois' theory of bladder problems.

Wonderful kisses and confessions. Now the bit with the card is coming out, but it's served its purpose - Perry will be pleased.

Looking forward to more...
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Rhea!

Loved this part!!! Delightful. And you are definitely a good comic writer! laugh

Laughter bubbled up inside him, and it took all of his control to prevent the sound from escaping. But he couldn’t stop the smile tugging at the corner of his lips.
That had laughter bubbling up inside me as well. I totally laughed out loud. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story and nice part, Rhea! goofy

“I can fly.”

“That’s just silly, Clark. You know I have loads of unused frequent flier miles.”
Duh, Lois. :rolleyes: Are you galactically stupid or what? goofy

“For all my strength, and all my abilities, I am just a man. I wanted you to love me the way I love you, for all of you.
So beautiful. And romantic. And sweet. Ahhhhh... [Linked Image]

“It’s kind of like a rich man never knowing if the beautiful woman on his arm is really there for him or for what he could buy her.”
Great comparison. thumbsup

“Every time there was an emergency, you would run off and then Superman would show up to save the day. Clark Kent always avoided danger while Superman faced the danger. So I loved one man who was mostly there for me whenever I was in peril and another who was only there when I needed a friend. What was I to think?”
She has a point here. wink

I don’t know if I would have ever known that you would welcome my love if it wasn’t for the card that you left for me yesterday.”

Her eyes grew wide and she held her breath for a moment.

“Lois?” Clark said concerned.

“What card?” She finally asked.
Uh-oh. shock

Help! Where is Perry, the Cupid? [Linked Image]

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I think I'm just going to Ditto Kathy's response as I'm just catching up as well and was having flashbacks of Scarecrow & Mrs. King as well!!

I'm really enjoying this. Looking forward to the next part!

Julie

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard