Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh, Lara, what a beautiful, wonderful part!!! I'm almost in tears. whinging I have some quotes, but the last part is all so beautiful that I can barely even begin to quote from it!!

~~~

"Yes, you do!" she blurted out. "You can choose to stay and find whatever it is that's going to stop this heat wave and save Superman!"
Yes, you can, Clark. You can stay. You, lunkhead! Don't you know it's not really your fault?

~~~

Ahhh...

And by God, I think we owe Superman this much, after all the trouble he's ever gotten us out of."
~~~

You'd think you've been banished along with Superman or something. He might have to go away - for now! - but nobody's asking *you* to leave the city!"
Knock, knock

Who's there?

Galactically stupid woman.

Huh, no my name is Lois.

~~~

Tell her, Clark! Tell her. Relieve her of her stupidity!

~~~

Now, you're gettin' girl!

Suddenly she found herself playing some sort of crazy connect-the-dots game in her head:
Connect those dots Lois. The picture looks like this: Clark has a big S on his chest!

~~~

Love it, love it, love it, love it!!!!

And then it hit her. Like a ton of bricks. Her eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped. Clark was...? He was...? Superman?
~~~

Ohhh... poor baby!

"Clark?" Lois asked, distraught. "That's why you're leaving isn't it? The real reason you're leaving, I mean. You... You're..."

"Yes, Lois," he answered slowly. He took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes. "I'm Superman," he said finally.
~~~

Lois shut her eyes tightly as she realized the enormity of what she was going to say. How could she claim she wasn't a horrible person? She was! She had been to him every single day since he'd started working at the Planet. Was she so shallow that she couldn't see beyond the flashy blue and red spandex? It was him in that Suit, yet put a pair of glasses on his nose and... and suddenly she wouldn't give him the time of day? Lois scolded herself silently for being so incredibly blind and heartless. How could she not have noticed... how could she have been so mean!
And this is why you were galactically stupid, Lois. (Not really - I use that as a metaphor.) Not because you didn't see the truth, but because you were so darn mean.

~~~

Ahhh....

She'd been awful to him, yet there he was trying to make her feel better. He had such a good heart, he cared so much about everyone else, this above all else is what made him 'super' she thought, not the powers.It was what was inside that made him a hero and that couldn't possibly come attached to a cape or a pair of boots, could it? It came from being raised by a loving family, with good values. It came... well, it came from Clark.
~~~

Ohhhh.......

If he had listened closely enough he might also have heard his heart shattering into millions of pieces.
~~~

Absolutely beautiful revelation scene. I love it that Lois didn't get mad!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thank you, Nancy!!! You just totally made my day!

Btw - reason I figured Lois would not get mad at him is that she's just too concerned with the fact that she's losing him forever. If he wasn't leaving, I think she'd be pretty peeved. wink

Of course, he'll be back you know... so she might still get a bit mad at him for letting her make a fool of herself. ...hehehehe! wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Lara...this is so sweet...and sad. I just got caught up and I'm just in awe. I prefer the revelation scenes where Lois doesn't get mad, so BRAVA! Oh, and Perry knows, too? wallbash

Why didn't Lois tell Clark that she loves him? This is a great story so please keep it coming. I'm really enjoying it. hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I prefer the revelation scenes where Lois doesn't get mad, so BRAVA!
I prefer those, too. smile But being that this is Lois, you can expect she'll be a little annoyed when she sees him next. hehehe!

Oh, and Perry knows, too?
Hey, the man didn't become editor of the Daily Planet because he can yodel. *LOL* Yeah, I think he knows. (and you might find there will be other people that'll come along that probably know as well...)

Why didn't Lois tell Clark that she loves him?
Her "don't leave me Clark" line sort of implies it, I would say. He's definitely noticed a change of attitude and he knows she cares a great deal more than she's actually saying. Clark is real perceptive. wink

But, the thing is... Lois doesn't know for sure that *he* loves her back (we do, but I don't think she does) and then, being that this is a woman who's been hurt by men before, I don't see her as declaring her love to anyone before they've done it first.

This is a great story so please keep it coming. I'm really enjoying it. hail
Thank you! smile I'm glad you like it!

Part 6 is halfway done, so it shouldn't be too long in coming, now that my back is all good again and I can sit and think and type. smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
The science fiction writer Barry Longyear (Enemy Mine, Sea of Glass, Infinity Hold) once wrote on his website, in response to queries from his fans, that the most important part of a writer's anatomy was his - er, posterior (edited for family consumption). I would imagine that the back would be a very, very close second.

The way Lois figured out that Clark and Superman are the same person makes me think that Clark was desperately trying to let her see exactly that, despite what his conscious mind might have been saying. I think he wanted Lois to figure it out, and now that she knows, she'll redouble her efforts to uncover the dastardly scheme to run Superman out of town!

Of course, when you're fighting women who can disappear into light sockets and other such, it's going to be hard to catch them. But I imagine that their own jealousies and rivalries will help to trip them up soon.

And THEN we can watch Lois be mad at Clark.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I liked your part very much. How are you going to fix this ??????

Your revelation was just great. smile1

I like the way you deal with the problem Clark has with his two personas and Lois view of that. I really hope you'll get better soon, Lara.

I'm really waiting for Part 6!!!!!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lara, I've got to confess... with RL being what it is, and thinking, when I saw your story, that is seemed to be A-plot heavy and devoid of "n".... Well, I decided to comment on other people's stories and not on yours.

But hey, you say about part five of All Weathered Out that there is...

no A plot in here at all even. It's just Lois and Clark and...
...and what? And a good revelation scene, that's what they whisper over at the FDK thread! How can I resist that? Besides, I'm the world's premier one-woman Lois Super Defense Squad, I've got to defend my heroine! Look what some FoLCs are saying about my very own Lois:

Knock, knock

Who's there?

Galactically stupid woman.

Huh, no my name is Lois.
Aaahh, gaaahhh, NOOOOO!!!!!! I can't stand it when they say such things!!!! razz

For a long while, she just stood there and sobbed, letting herself be consoled by him. She'd been awful to him, yet there he was trying to make her feel better. He had such a good heart, he cared so much about everyone else, this above all else is what made him 'super' she thought, not the powers. It was what was inside that made him a hero and that couldn't possibly come attached to a cape or a pair of boots, could it? It came from being raised by a loving family, with good values. It came... well, it came from Clark.
Oaky, okay - done enough wallowing in self-disgust now, Lois? And are you finishing elevating Clark to super duper goody-two-shoes-hood? :rolleyes:

(Okay - I take back the last thing I said - well, sort of - because Clark really is a very, very nice guy....)

As Lois realized these things, it occurred to her that this meant that what she loved the most about Superman was... Clark.
Ahhh... this is sweet.

And when she claimed to be completely, hopelessly, and incurably in love with the superhero, what it really meant is that she was in love with... the good-natured farm boy who hid underneath the Suit. Suddenly, the thought of him leaving became completely unbearable to her. She couldn't lose him. Not without ever... Not without knowing... No!! She took a long ragged breath as her legs gave from under her. Had it not been for two strong arms holding her, she would have fallen to the floor like a rag doll.
And this, too.

"No..." was all she managed to get out at first. She wiped the tears from her eyes and took a deep breath. "Clark, don't! You... you can't leave! They're wrong, you know they are. This isn't your fault! We just need to find who's responsible, that's all."

"Lois, even if I'm really not sure what's causing all this heat, it doesn't change anything. I had given them my word. Superman's word. He never lies, you know." He tried to smile.
But now you are the one being galactically stupid, Clark! Really and truly! You must know Lois is right. It can't be you or your powers that are causing the heatwave! You have been using your powers for a long time, even if you haven't been wearing the Suit officially for long. But there has never been a problem with the weather when you have used your superpowers in the past! You are letting whoever is behind the heatwave chase you out of Metropolis and leave the city more vulnerable to their evil schemes!

And then Lois starts begging, and Clark keeps on apologizing and insisting there is nothing he can do. Sigh. You are a lunkhead, Clark, and sometimes a galactically stupid one, too, even if you are sweet and gorgeous!

Okay, I want to see more of my heroine - Lois - in the next chapter of this, as she solves the mystery of the heatwave, hmmm? wink (Okay - Clark can make a cameo, too, if he can raise the cute butt of his from the chair of the Managing Editor for the Smallville Post!)

Ann

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The knock, knock thing was a joke, Ann, because it took her so long to 'get' it. smile (But I know you know that.) Like I said, saying
'galactically stupid' was a metaphor! Thanks for quoting me.

~~~

All right!!! All right. I give up!!! Lois was mean, during the first season of LnC!
Yes, Ann, you are right! She was. I was talking about the LnC Lois - not the comic book Lois, or even the movie versions of Lois for that matter.

~~~

<groan> No, you are right, Lois, it makes no sense. Isn't there a way to shrink the letters here so that I can write "galactically stupid" in letters so small you can barely read them?
Ha, ha, ha, Ann. I don't think you can do that here!

~~~

Ahh, Lara, this really was a beautiful, beautiful part of your story!! [Linked Image]

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks everyone for thr FDK! Most appreciated!! smile

The way Lois figured out that Clark and Superman are the same person makes me think that Clark was desperately trying to let her see exactly that, despite what his conscious mind might have been saying.
I think on some level he's always wanted her to know. Twice before (other parts of the story) he's wishing she did know so he could talk to her about everything - he's badly in need of a friend...

~~~~~~

How are you going to fix this ??????
With a little help from a friend. (mmm, wait, did I say this out loud? oops!) wink

~~~~~~

Lara, I've got to confess... with RL being what it is, and thinking, when I saw your story, that is seemed to be A-plot heavy and devoid of "n".... Well, I decided to comment on other people's stories and not on yours.
Hey, no worries. There definitely is more A plot to come in the next parts, but this one I wanted to be just a revelation.

All right!!! All right. I give up!!! Lois was mean, during the first season of LnC! whinging
Yep. And this is a rewrite of Man of Steel Bars, so set early enough that she's still not all that adjusted to having a partner. Loving the man in blue tights but kinda wishing she'd be rid of the guy with the funky ties. wink

See? Superman has given up, everyone in Metropolis has given up on him, but Lois keeps trying to save him. My heroine!!
Mine too! I love Lois! (it may not sound this way, but that's a big deal for me -- I usually hate leading ladies cause I want to be them, they get the guy and I'm green with envy! *lol* but this one... I can't help it, I want her to be with Clark, they're too good together.)

(And... managing editor for the Smallville Post? Clark did say that in that episode, whichever it was - Man of Steel Bars?
Yep, some of that conversation is taken straight from the episode.

Wow, Lois's comebacks blow me away! Ehh... they are from the show, are they?
Some are, yep. But not all. The "missing the cornfields", "what would make you want to go back to *Small*ville" and the "job interview" bit -- that was all me.

Yeah, well - it's really getting more and more tempting so say "g- - - - - - - - - -y s- - - -d" right now, isn't it?
LOL!!! She sees the light real fast after that, though.

I love the connect-the-dots game here. I've got to refer to what Nancy was saying and agree with her that, yeah, if you connect the dots on Clark's chest you will really get a big red 'S'!
mmm... I was going to connect the dots ON him, I'd start with the sexy little mole just above his lip and... oh, wait, this conversation isn't PG safe...

About time you told her, buster.
wink You do know it took him 50 years to say so in the comics, right? This is darn quick in comparison. hehehe!

Interesting that she isn't blowing her top at him. Well, I guess she can't be too mad when she is so distraught at the thought of losing both him and... him?
Precisely - she's losing him... if she wasn't she'd be mad at him for certain, but she's already really emotional about losing him..and him. wink

As Lois realized these things, it occurred to her that this meant that what she loved the most about Superman was... Clark.
Ahhh... this is sweet.
thank you!! it's just cause, you know... Clark is what *I* love most about Superman... wink

You are letting whoever is behind the heatwave chase you out of Metropolis and leave the city more vulnerable to their evil schemes!
There 'ya go, you got it. it's the whole point. wink

Okay, I want to see more of my heroine - Lois - in the next chapter of this, as she solves the mystery of the heatwave, hmmm? wink
That's precisely what the next chapter is. Lois saving Superman. hehehe. smile

(Okay - Clark can make a cameo, too, if he can raise the cute butt of his from the chair of the Managing Editor for the Smallville Post!)
well... considering he won't even be sitting IN the chair, I don't think his butt will make any appearance there. wink Just kidding! He's most likely not going to make a cameo in the next chapter at all, though. But he'll be back soon enough. And I have a lovely reunion scene planned. hehehe! It's PG rated, but... I may have to post a version of it over on the other side... cause... mmm! wink

~~~~~~

Ahh, Lara, this really was a beautiful, beautiful part of your story!!
Thanks Nancy! I'm amazed this part still makes me want to cry when I read it. I SO see her going "don't...leave...me...Clark" and... ahhh... my heart breaks for her. mecry

~~~~~~

Ok... going back to part 6 now. Almost done, just in need of some tweaking and being looked over for horrible typos. wink

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
What a touching, intense chapter! Especially the last part. I have just got to quote it all.

"Don't... leave... me... Clark." she hiccupped in-between tears.

Clark closed his eyes. It was all he could do to keep on breathing. He'd felt pain before in his life, but this was the worst pain he'd ever known. There he stood with a woman in his arms, a woman who was desperately trying to hang on to him and who he desperately wanted to hang on to as well. He loved her so much, there weren't even words to express it, and now - against all odds - she was showing signs of actually wanting to be with him. The mere thought of leaving her behind hurt more than a thousand shards of kryptonite being thrust inside his body possibly could.

"Lois, stop. Please, please stop," he begged her, his voice cracking. He grabbed her hands behind his neck and gently brought them down to her sides.

"You have no idea how hard this is already," Clark continued. "Please, I'm begging you, don't make it impossible for me to go. Superman needs to leave and I can't be me without being him too. There is no other solution for now. Let me go, Lois. Please... I can't keep arguing with you over this. This is... it's... killing me." A lone teardrop fell from his left eye and traced a path down to his chin.

She looked up at him as if for the very last time. "Promise that you'll be back," she implored him, "Clark? Promise me that you'll come back."

"Oh, Lois, how I wish I could," he whispered.

Clark lowered his head slightly and captured her lips in a tender goodbye kiss. He took a step back and proceeded to exit the conference room. As he picked up the box he'd left on his desk, he took one last look at Lois and then he made his way to the elevator before disappearing behind its closing doors. The last sounds he heard coming from the newsroom were of Lois, crying... If he had listened closely enough he might also have heard his heart shattering into millions of pieces.
The angst... it's so good and so awful at the same time. I think exquisite agony sums it up quite well.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well I was just about the quote what was just quoted above. That's just got to be the most heart-wrenching this I've read this week. (I can't remember what I read last week or did in RL.)

I'm glad that Clark displayed that little tear from his left eye. Clark hardly ever tears up and well for some reason that's a treat. I know weird. Sad... horrible scene here and I get a kick out of Clark dropping a lone tear here.

Ok.

Wonderful, beautiful. I'm reading chapters three through to whatever's left at the moment. I hope a lot more!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad that Clark displayed that little tear from his left eye. Clark hardly ever tears up and well for some reason that's a treat. I know weird. Sad... horrible scene here and I get a kick out of Clark dropping a lone tear here.
You know, I almost left that part out... For a second when I read it the last time before I posted, I felt maybe it was a little too much. And then I figured, oh what the hell, his heart is breaking...

Sooooooo.... I'm sure glad you think it's a treat. smile yay!!

Wonderful, beautiful. I'm reading chapters three through to whatever's left at the moment. I hope a lot more!!!!
Be warned there is a lot of A-plot coming up in the parts that follow that one... And I'm not completely done with the story yet - there's one part to go, perhaps two even (but I hope it won't be three! LOL!).

I'm glad you enjoyed this part! It's my fav in this story for sure. That one and the scene in part 8 with the other 2 guys!! laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard