Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Happy Birthday Annie!

What's terrible about posting #20 is that everyone has highlighted all the wonderful things about this story.

I laughed and I cried and I cheered.

Laughed over the Smallville references, cried over the part when Lois was realizing what she would be losing and cheered when Lois said that there was nothing she couldn't do!!!!

Yay Lois and Yay Annie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb.

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll have to agree with BarbP. I'm not sure if I can add to whatever's already been said.

I'm looking forward to the next part! hyper

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is *so* the Lois from Season 2! I love it. Can't wait for more!!

doublel

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Behind the potted plant, Lois continued to fume as the voiced faded out. Was he blind? Could not see that that woman was throwing herself at him? ‘Oh, Clark, you’re so wonderful.’ ‘Oh, Clark, you’re such a good cook.’ ‘Oh, Clark....’
Because we know Lana's intentions, I don't like these remarks, but otherwise Lois should take an example of these: after all, what's wrong to say complimets if you are sincere. Lois really should have said Clark all good things she thought about him.

As for Lois pursuing Clark, I have ideas: Lois would always need a date for some official ball.

Or what if they go to sing karaoke. Lois would probably sing Simply the best whereas Clark would sing Alice doesn't live here any more. But what would be the duet? Love me tender or Dancing in the dark?

And what about the concert of Pearl Jam they missed? Now is *at last* time describe that kind of first date. Lois gets up and starts dancing...Clark has no chance!

Gabriele
Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie
first - Happy Birthday
Loved this - great part
ditto others
more soon please
merry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
First off, Annie, I won't wish you a happy birthday. I don't acknowledge my own birthdays, so I can't see why anyone else would want to either. It just means that you're getting older.

Now, on to the story. Good instalment. Lois is locked and loaded for battle (well, she's in the planning stages at least). Of course her first course of action should be that makeover you hinted at. But it should be carefully plotted out, for the best effect. The idea of burgandy is good, because your Lois obviously knows that Clark likes burgandy. The next, and most important part is to make her (Lois) stand out from, and contrast Lana in every way she can. Lois is an intelligent, hard charging, driven and determined person who is gainfully employed at a job which she excells at. Lana is an idolent, conniving, opportunist who wouldn't know a W-4 form if her life depended on it. Also, Lana is a moderately attractive woman with long blonde hair. Lois is a beautiful, sexy woman who should show up with... (do I really have to say it? wink )

Let's get ready to rummmmmble! (sorry, that was a flashback to the days when I watched wrestling).

Tank (who thinks it would be hilarious if Clark was totally aware of everything both Lana and Lois were doing during this whole time, after all, he does have certain unfair advantages when it comes to finding out things)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Happy Birthday Annie!
I'm going to keep this post short because 1.)I'm in a hurry and 2.) I think everthing I wanted to say about the story has already been said.
I think it's great that Lois finally decided that she's going to go after Clark and get rid of Lana! This part is great and I'm very impatiently waiting for the next part to be posted! laugh

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Top Banana
Top Banana
First things first: Happy Birthday!

Well, I could quote all the parts I loved about this, but I'd just end up with one long quote starting with "Chapter 3: We Have A Lot to Stalk About" and continuing non-stop through "Maybe something burgundy."

One thing I'll comment on is Lois' thought process in analyzing Clark's withdrawl of his declaration of love. I agree totally with Kathy's comments. I never liked how, in the show, Clark tells Lois he doesn't love her, and she just accepts that at face value. He is so obviously in love with her, not only do we know, but Perry knows, Jimmy knows, and according to Bobby Big-Mouth, just about everyone else knows. Clark himself tells Lois, "You must have known." You did a wonderful job of explaining why, if Lois knows Clark loves her, she doesn't challange him when he recants.

Well, what can I say that someone else hasn't said already? One thing I liked was that you did not have Lois make her cutting Smallville comments (very funny, BTW), and just leave it at that. I'm glad you had her recall all the pleasant memories from her trip to Smallville, ending with that hug in the pond.

I also liked Lois' realization that, if not Lana, someone else. No matter who, there'd be no more late night movies & a pizza with someone else's husband. Very poignant as she wonders how long it will take until she is just a name on a Christmas card list.

One small correction - in the section at the movies, there is a typo. The text says, "Clark was a great guy, but he was still and guy".

I'm glad you ended by giving us something to look forward to. Like Tank, I'm wondering if Clark is as oblivious to what is going on as Lois seems to think he is. I can't wait to see Lois in action!

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Alright Lois!!

Locked and loaded for Lana!! [Linked Image]

Go get her girlfriend!!

~Liz

PS. [Linked Image] Annie!!

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
First, Happy slightly belated Birthday, Annie! party

Second, nice part. I can't wait to see what Lois comes up with beside new clothes.

Third, nothing more to add than what hasn't been said already, so ditto.

Fourth, where is part 3????????????? I want more to read now!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Likewise here!

when's part 3 due? I can't wait to read more!

and, giving a fic for BDay is a great tradition...BTW, happy Birthday Annie! smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
By the way, could Lois really hide her presence in the movie theater or did Clark hear and her heart beat?

Gabriele
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Two days and Clark didn't feel the need to see Lois, that strange.
Maybe Clark has a new strategy?

Gabriele
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Wow. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback (and for the birthday wishes!). I'm glad y'all enjoyed my birthday present to you. This is one of my favorite sections of the story; I had so much fun writing it.

I laughed and I cried and I cheered. Laughed over the Smallville references, cried over the part when Lois was realizing what she would be losing and cheered when Lois said that there was nothing she couldn't do!!!!

Well, I could quote all the parts I loved about this, but I'd just end up with one long quote starting with "Chapter 3: We Have A Lot to Stalk About" and continuing non-stop through "Maybe something burgundy."
Wow, thanks. smile smile

love the chapter title.

Your chapter titles are hilarious -- what a creative addition to a terrific story!!
Well, I'd love to take credit for this one, but I can't. When I showed a piece of this to Kaethel a couple of weeks ago, I was still struggling to find a title for the story, and she suggested "We Have A Lot to Stalk About." I was in stitches, but knew it wasn't appropriate for the whole story. But I just couldn't get it out of my head, so the idea of using chapter titles was born.

OMG Lana is answering his phone now?? Grrr, I hate her so much.

Ooh, that really frosts my cookies. What does she think she is all of a sudden, woman of the house (well apmt <g>)?

Lana is answering the PHONE at Clark's now? NO!!!
I told you she was evil. You can't say you weren't warned. <G>

i'm glad she figured out that clark's declaration of love was real. too bad she thinks the offer expired.
I'm glad everyone liked the Lois' little revelation that she knew Clark meant what he said, but didn't press the issue. I've always thought this was the only explanation. How could she have possibly doubted him that day at the park.

This is pathetic. Following around, thats depressing.
Well, I'm sorry you saw it that way. It certainly wasn't meant to be depressing. It was meant to be funny, at least until Lois realized what she could be losing.

As for Lois pursuing Clark, I have ideas:
Thanks for the suggestions, Gabriele. The story is actually already finished, so I can't really use them, but I hope you'll like what I came up with just as well. If it's not satisfying, you can always write your own version, and I'll be sure to read that. smile

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Gabriele,

Maybe Clark has a new strategy?
Assuming he know the truth.
Clark thinks everybody is good, he'll never think "good old friend Lana" play dirty trick like that.

MAF blush
PS
Where is the next part. mad

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard