Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Well, for a long time now I've been saying that authors should *give* fic on their birthdays, not just receive, so here you go!

For my birthday, I would like...feedback! (Shocking, I know <G>)

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie, I just came back to my computer and saw that part 2 was up. What great timing!

First off - Happy Birthday! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Second - Another great part! I loved the image of Lois skulking around the movie theatre, spying on Clark and Lana, and then frantically hiding when she'd made so much commotion that he was turning around to see what was going on. She's lucky that he didn't zoom in on her heartbeat... smile

And of course it's wonderful that this gave her the push to realize that indeed she has loved Clark all along and that she doesn't want to lose him to anyone, let alone Lana. eek And since she realizes this, that he did indeed mean his declaration of love to her that day in the park...
By the time she had made up her mind to tell Clark how she felt about him, he had taken back his declaration. He’d told her that he hadn’t meant it, that he’d only said it in an effort to keep her from marrying Lex.

She had been stunned, unable to say anything at the time. But later, when she’d had time to take it all in, she’d realized that he was lying. He had meant every word he’d said that day in the park. There could be no misinterpreting the sincerity in his voice or the anguish in his eyes. But he’d taken it back. She had no doubt that he was lying when he said he’d never loved her, but she was just as certain that he had closed the door on the possibility of a relationship with her. He had probably wanted to spare himself the pain and embarrassment of going through the same thing again, so he had convinced himself that it was for the best and that eventually he’d get over her. And now, apparently, he had.
...that means that Lois realizes Little Miss Two-Face is lying with her ridiculous claims that Clark has been carrying a torch for *her* all these years. And so now Lois is going to launch the full frontal assault. Hooray! Something in burgundy. Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing the look on Clark's face when Lois launches the offensive, but we're probably not going to have smooth sailing, at least not right away... frown

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Annie,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you... goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Happy Birthday, Annie!!

You know I'm loving this, but I just had to highlight a couple of my favorite lines:

She had no doubt that he was lying when he said he?d never loved her, but she was just as certain that he had closed the door on the possibility of a relationship with her. He had probably wanted to spare himself the pain and embarrassment of going through the same thing again, so he had convinced himself that it was for the best and that eventually he?d get over her. And now, apparently, he had.
I *adore* this. It just makes such perfect sense. Lois would have to be blind *and* deaf not to have figured out that Clark was telling the truth that day in the park, so the only question in my mind was why she accepted his explanation that he'd lied so readily. And this fits the bill in so many ways. Very nicely done!

She was Lois Lane. There was nothing she couldn?t do!
Yay!! There's our Lois! You get 'em, girlfriend! <g>

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Happy birthday, Annie!

Great part. I must confess that I enjoyed seeing Lois so miserable when she fears losing him. She certainly deserves it! She has so long taken Clark's friendship as self-evident.

Lana certainly teaches her something important when she admires him and respects his preferences:

Something pricked her conscience. Clark really had wanted to see that movie. He’d brought it up every time they’d discussed seeing a movie, yet somehow they’d managed to see three other movies instead. Even tonight, when she’d called, she’d been planning to drag him to see another movie. It wasn’t even a movie that she was dying to see. It just hadn’t occurred to her to ask Clark what movie he’d like to see.

Apparently it had occurred to Lana.
It will be fun to see Lois pursueing Clark. Hope she will turn another Mayson, though.

Gabriele
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Happy Birthday, Annie!!!! smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
great part, annie.

love the chapter title. <g>

a lot of really good thoughts here...

lois really knows clark, doesn't she? (well, except for one little thing... wink )

sad about lana's choice of movies (that she went to a movie clark wanted rather than demanding one that she wanted), even if it doesn't really mean all that much.

her realization of how much she stood to lose was very well done, as was her realization that it would happen even if clark didn't end up with lana.

i'm glad she figured out that clark's declaration of love was real. too bad she thinks the offer expired.

i'm really glad to see she's chosen to fight for him, though. i've been hoping she'd do that. it seems like the best thing to do, but i was worried that she wouldn't think of it or wouldn't think it would work or something silly like that. so, go lois! <g>

great job. looking forward to seeing more of this. smile

oh. one more thing...

[Linked Image] annie! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] party

and for your bday...

a bottomless cup (sorry it's not blue) [Linked Image]

laugh

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If that makeover of Lois' does not include a haircut, Tank will never forgive you. goofy

Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Happy Birthday Annie!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Merriwether
Merriwether
WOW! When I left for my class, this part had JUST been posted... I actually was halfway thru when the sitter showed up... and now there are already so many fdk posts! and they took so many of my favorite lines... but that's ok! I'll just repeat them! laugh

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sings Happy Birthday to myself! [Linked Image]

Lana is answering the PHONE at Clark's now? [Linked Image] NO!!!

The diet soda would counter the calories in the popcorn and candy, she reasoned.
Wait, I know that diet!

The whole Lois-as-stalker scene had me rolling in the aisles!

She was losing him.

...How long would it be, realistically, before she lost him altogether?
Oh no... awww... [Linked Image]

&#8220;I love him. I'm in love with him.&#8221;
YES!!! [Linked Image]

She was Lois Lane. There was nothing she couldn't do!
That's right, Lois! And don't you forget it!! smile1

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Kerth
Kerth
I don't like Lana razz razz

At least Mayson was in love with him... well a part of him :rolleyes:

She glanced at the clock and was surprised to see that it was already almost midnight. Too late to do anything else tonight, she reasoned. But she had all day tomorrow to work on her plan. She’d get up early spend all day shopping and preparing for Monday. That’s what she needed: a new outfit for her new plan. Maybe something in burgundy.
cool She's preparting for war! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That’s what she needed: a new outfit for her new plan. Maybe something in burgundy.
LOL. I can just see this - Lois with a mission laugh
Go get him girl!
Love this story.

Happy Birthday! smile1
HC

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy birthday, Annie!!!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
[Linked Image] Happy birthday, Annie! [Linked Image]

This is wonderful and also very funny. smile1

I love the image of Lois spying on Clark. goofy

I'm looking forward to seeing Lois go after Clark.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy Birthday to you, Annie! smile1

Something pricked her conscience. Clark really had wanted to see that movie. He’d brought it up every time they’d discussed seeing a movie, yet somehow they’d managed to see three other movies instead. Even tonight, when she’d called, she’d been planning to drag him to see another movie. It wasn’t even a movie that she was dying to see. It just hadn’t occurred to her to ask Clark what movie he’d like to see.

Apparently it had occurred to Lana.
I *love* this part. It helps show why Clark is falling for this, just a little -- it must be a nice change to have someone so interested in what he liked. It's all fake, of course, but he must not have noticed that part yet. And it shows Lois that she ought to be just a little less selfish.

Then again, how much Smallville news could there be? Jethro sold a cow. Maybelle had another baby. And they put a new coat of paint on the town church.
lol!

She had been stunned, unable to say anything at the time. But later, when she’d had time to take it all in, she’d realized that he was lying. He had meant every word he’d said that day in the park.
Ooh, smart Lois! whinging and all in one paragraph! Still, if she figured it all out, there'd be no angst and we'd miss the next three parts! <g>

She needed to show Clark that Lana wasn’t the right woman for him. She needed to make him see that Lana could never make him happy the way she could. They were partners, and she needed to make him see that their partnership should be extended to all aspects of their lives.
Woo-hoo! Now we're getting to the fun part!

Great story, Annie smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Annie! Happy Birthdya!!!!

Great last two sections! Go Lois!! Clark's just too polite to know that Lana is playing him. But, I think Clark knew that Lois was in the theater. <G> Boy, to be a fly on the wall when they have *that* conversation.

Ya know, I think you deserve another Birthday present, so feel free to post part 3. laugh

thumbsup

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Happy Birthday Annie smile1 I wish you had one every month if we can expect stories like this!

Am also looking forward to Lois "chasing" Clark clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROTFLMAO I loved this

"They had a lot to catch up on, she reasoned. It had been years since they’d seen each other. Then again, how much Smallville news could there be? Jethro sold a cow. Maybelle had another baby. And they put a new coat of paint on the town church."

Go Lois. Now I can't wait to find out if Clark new she was at the movies the whole time<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble If Clark is not interest that woundn't work.

More soon, please. ASAP blush

MAF laugh

[Linked Image] Happy Birthday, Annie! [Linked Image]

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard