Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31444 08/08/06 07:59 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I made most of my comments on the nfic board, but this is a great story.

Get rid of the suit, though, it's still contaminated and putting it in the water with him isn't going to help much. I think you can keep it PG and still get rid of the suit! (The nutty nurse rears her head once again....)

thumbsup

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#31445 08/09/06 12:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah! Are you really serious? You really think I could get Superman completely out of his suit and STILL KEEP IT PG?

Ha ha! Oh, Classicalla, you make me laugh so hard sometimes it hurts my stomach. wink

No, in all probable reality, I couldn't keep it PG. Because if any of us stripped Clark out of his suit, we wouldn't be able to not look or not comment on what we saw, or not be... tempted to do other things.

Besides, I know you are a nurse, but as I pointed out in the story, the suit didn't really get any Kryptonite on it, it was under his clothes.

And yes, I know to be thorough, she should have bathed him a second time, after she drained the water. But remember, this is pre-dating Lois and Clark. They've had one date. Lois has just come to terms with Clark being Superman. Do you really think she's going to be that brazen? Yet? That's why I have Clark finishing the bathing himself...

. “I’ll leave you to finish cleaning up and I’ll go change into some dry clothes. Then I can run you home.
She leaves him to to strip off his suit and finish cleaning. When she comes back to the bathroom, he's out of his suit and wrapped only in a towel. So never fear... he's all nice and clean now. laugh

I'll reply to your nfic comments on the nfic thread. Thank you for your feedback Classicalla. I really do appreciate it. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#31446 08/09/06 01:51 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Absolutely. If you went to a PG movie that could be done - they just wouldn't show anything.

Yeah, if she was working to save his life, then yes I think she would be that brazen. Lois could cover him with the towel, but yes I can also see him finishing up himself.

I don't know if you've read Chapter 16 of A New Hero, but I had Caitlyn pulling off Clark's towel prior to an examination (they are dating) and no one batted an eye in the feedback. And I had her thoroughly embarrassing him (Well, it could have been worse if had been nfic, but she still embarrassed him pretty good....)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#31447 08/09/06 02:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I will concede to your points made, and I do appreciate your fdk... you must like the story a lot to care this much. laugh (You're reading both versions for goodness sake blush )

Whew! I didn't know this little scene was going to inspire so much debate. laugh blush

But I am going to leave it as is.

I wrote this scene and rewrote this scene several different ways, trying to take in the motives of the characters and the point they were at in their relationship... and this is finally what I was happy with... for the PG version. laugh Clark staying clothed, and finishing the cleaning himself.

That's not to say that if he hadn't recovered when he did that Lois might not have decided to go ahead and rip his clothes off and bath him all over again. I think you're right... I think she would have done what needed to be done in order to help him.

But... he did recover, and was then able to finish the bathing himself...

Thanks Classicalla! laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#31448 08/09/06 07:21 AM
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
I just moved and don't have access to the internet at my home yet, i just wanted to say that whenever i can get to the library i'll be following your story. Great job! thumbsup

#31449 08/09/06 11:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks CWJ79 - I look forward to hearing some fdk from you when you get a chance to read. laugh

#31450 08/09/06 01:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great, story, I finally caught up on the last couple of parts today!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#31451 08/09/06 05:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the fdk Jen! Glad to see I still have your attention. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard