Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Happy birthday, Sarah. Bet you never thought I could keep a secret from you! Well...surprise! wink

I'll be posting every other day. There are six chapters, but the first two were a little short, so I combined them for the first post. I hope y'all enjoy. Comments, suggestions, etc. go here. smile

Thanks,
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
mad mad mad
Ahhh, Lois lock that no-good, unemployed blonde in the supply closet and throw away the key!!!

And of course Clark is a complete naive fool.
I smell some fights coming. /me secretly grins

Assert yourself Lois! (Well not that I'm even sure if Lois wants to go out with Clark at this point, but still...she can get the homewrecker out of the picture, at least)
Jen goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting premise. Lana Lang shows up to unintentionally make Lois jealous by trying to steal Clark away from her. Cool. cool Lois needs something to make her stop deluding herself about how she feels about Clark.

There was something so comfortable about spending time with Clark. Although the way he was rubbing her leg right now wasn’t making her feel comfortable. The heat radiating from his hand was spreading through her body. She opened her mouth to say something, then stopped.

What had come over her tonight? She and Clark were just friends. They were often physically affectionate with one another. This was simply one more example. There was no reason for his touch to make her flustered.
Typical Lois. She just loves to fool herself into thinking she isn't really attracted to Clark. Lana's the perfect catalyst to make her wise up.

He was a far better man than she deserved! She should be so lucky!
Hey, Lois! Are you listening to yourself? :rolleyes:

“Really? That surprises me...but then Clark’s never been one to pour out his soul to someone unless he really trusts them.”
Ouch! I think Lois should have slugged her. thumbsup This story sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Lois deserves to stew in some jealousy for all the stuff she's put Clark through. In the end, though, we know who really owns his heart.

Post more soon! wave

Happy birthday, Sarah! party

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Annie,

Grr, since all of my comments got deleted (probably by my own stupidity somehow), this is going to be really short.

I love this story smile . I think you did an excellent job portraying the absolute evilness of Lana... okay maybe not absolute evilness, but I really don't like her smile .

I loved the part about Lana being fake. She IS so fake! I can't stand her! Oh yeah black roots! Yes!

I'm so glad that you finished this in time!!!

Happy Birthday, Sarah!!

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper Annie! You finally posted!

Happy Birthday, Sarah!!! whinging

Hurry and post the next part!!!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL, Annie, you know how much I've been enjoying this story. And I know exactly how Lois's face looked while she was listening to Lana on the phone because I'm sure my face looked the same way the first time I read it -- LOL!

Wow, Lana is just *awful*, isn't she? Right down to her dark roots. wink

Happy birthday, Sarah! I hope you enjoy your day and your story. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey annie. nice set-up. smile

wow, lana is evil (well, there are a few other words that come to mind, but i won't actually use them... wink ).

way to get lois jealous and frustrated, tho. smile

like the chapter titles, too.

"Chapter 2: Barbarian at the Planet"

fun. laugh

poor clark, though. he doesn't know what he's in for.

and yowch. i hope jimmy's head is still attached to the rest of his body in part 2...

looking forward to seeing where you go with this. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Happy Birthday Sarah smile

Annie,

Great start!!! I've never liked the concept of Lana in every reincarnation of the Superman story--and you've painted her in such a way that lives down to my expectations of her.

Using her to push Lois into realizing her true feelings --- Wonderful!!!! But five parts!!! Can I wait that long to see where you take this? Just hurry!!!

Barb.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

WOW! An excellent premise! razz razz
Poor Lois! I hope she intends to fight. jump

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Happy birthday, Sarah! party
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annie, this is lovely! First Lois, haunting Clark's apartment while trying desperately to pretend there's nothing between them... and boy, I could feel my blood pressure rise when he stroked her leg! laugh

Then Lana crashes the party and wrecks everything. You know, Clark must have heard that sotto voce swipe of hers - I'd just love to know what he's up to. He's not stringing Lana along to make Lois jealous, by any remote chance? Not that the cow doesn't deserve it, mind you!

And then that jaw-dropping phone conversation - wow, you don't pull any punches getting Lois (and us) to loathe her, do you? goofy What a pity Clark wasn't around to hear it! But poor Lois... what can she do (strictly from the goodness of her heart, for a friend laugh ) to get Clark free of those claws? I'm really looking forward to finding out!

More soon, please!!! smile

Mere

P.S. Nearly forgot to say... sending Jimmy in to charm Lana away from Clark, now *there's* a spiffing idea if I've ever heard one! rotflol

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, you've started posting! smile I love this premise -- nothing like having something taken away to make you realize how much it means to you wink And Lana is quite the witch, isn't she? Clearly, Lois will have to come to the rescue <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annie, Great premise for a story and well written!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting premise.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take Lois' jealousy and what form her 'fighting back' will take. Will Lois try to undermine Lana's attempts or will she take a frontal approach and go after Clark herself.

Can even the naive lunkhead himself be this stupid? To not realise exactly who and what Lana is? The revelation of Clark's true feelings will be fun to see.

Tank (who thinks Lois should take a full frontal attack approach and the first thing she needs to do would be... get a haircut, of course wink )

Columnist
Columnist
This is going to be fun to read! cool Glad you're posting often. I don't think I could wait it out otherwise. wink Great so far. And I love the section titles! laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great idea to have Lana show up in our Clark's universe and she is so evil it will be a pleasure to hate her.

If I didn't know how Clark really feels, I'd be really worried wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Rotflmao! I say send Lana over to Lord Kal el from Long Strange Trip. That aught to teach her<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Annie,
I'm really enjoying this story smile1
who decided it was probably time to come out of her several month long lurkdom =)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ooooo cat fight cat

Oh wait, maybe Cat needs to interview Lana somehow, and finally be on Lois' side.

Wake up Lois, and don't let Lana walk away with Clark.

Cool story

doublel

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Interesting story I liked the play on the Lana Lang angle and I also like the fact that Lois was looking out for Clark against that self absorbed bimbo. She is honestly so presumptious in thinking that just because Clark hasn't dated much since she dumped him that he'd be her doormat and wait for her all these years. Hmm...something tells me that Lois should make a play for Clark and see how Lana likes it!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard