Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AnnieM FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/13/03 09:16 PM
Happy birthday, Sarah. Bet you never thought I could keep a secret from you! Well...surprise! wink

I'll be posting every other day. There are six chapters, but the first two were a little short, so I combined them for the first post. I hope y'all enjoy. Comments, suggestions, etc. go here. smile

Thanks,
Annie
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/13/03 09:39 PM
mad mad mad
Ahhh, Lois lock that no-good, unemployed blonde in the supply closet and throw away the key!!!

And of course Clark is a complete naive fool.
I smell some fights coming. /me secretly grins

Assert yourself Lois! (Well not that I'm even sure if Lois wants to go out with Clark at this point, but still...she can get the homewrecker out of the picture, at least)
Jen goofy
Posted By: RL Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/13/03 10:08 PM
Interesting premise. Lana Lang shows up to unintentionally make Lois jealous by trying to steal Clark away from her. Cool. cool Lois needs something to make her stop deluding herself about how she feels about Clark.

There was something so comfortable about spending time with Clark. Although the way he was rubbing her leg right now wasn’t making her feel comfortable. The heat radiating from his hand was spreading through her body. She opened her mouth to say something, then stopped.

What had come over her tonight? She and Clark were just friends. They were often physically affectionate with one another. This was simply one more example. There was no reason for his touch to make her flustered.
Typical Lois. She just loves to fool herself into thinking she isn't really attracted to Clark. Lana's the perfect catalyst to make her wise up.

He was a far better man than she deserved! She should be so lucky!
Hey, Lois! Are you listening to yourself? :rolleyes:

“Really? That surprises me...but then Clark’s never been one to pour out his soul to someone unless he really trusts them.”
Ouch! I think Lois should have slugged her. thumbsup This story sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Lois deserves to stew in some jealousy for all the stuff she's put Clark through. In the end, though, we know who really owns his heart.

Post more soon! wave

Happy birthday, Sarah! party
Annie,

Grr, since all of my comments got deleted (probably by my own stupidity somehow), this is going to be really short.

I love this story smile . I think you did an excellent job portraying the absolute evilness of Lana... okay maybe not absolute evilness, but I really don't like her smile .

I loved the part about Lana being fake. She IS so fake! I can't stand her! Oh yeah black roots! Yes!

I'm so glad that you finished this in time!!!

Happy Birthday, Sarah!!

- Alicia smile1
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/13/03 10:46 PM
hyper Annie! You finally posted!

Happy Birthday, Sarah!!! whinging

Hurry and post the next part!!!

Saskia
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/13/03 10:50 PM
LOL, Annie, you know how much I've been enjoying this story. And I know exactly how Lois's face looked while she was listening to Lana on the phone because I'm sure my face looked the same way the first time I read it -- LOL!

Wow, Lana is just *awful*, isn't she? Right down to her dark roots. wink

Happy birthday, Sarah! I hope you enjoy your day and your story. smile

Kathy
Posted By: HatMan Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/13/03 11:28 PM
hey annie. nice set-up. smile

wow, lana is evil (well, there are a few other words that come to mind, but i won't actually use them... wink ).

way to get lois jealous and frustrated, tho. smile

like the chapter titles, too.

"Chapter 2: Barbarian at the Planet"

fun. laugh

poor clark, though. he doesn't know what he's in for.

and yowch. i hope jimmy's head is still attached to the rest of his body in part 2...

looking forward to seeing where you go with this. smile

Paul
Posted By: BarbP Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 02:54 AM
Happy Birthday Sarah smile

Annie,

Great start!!! I've never liked the concept of Lana in every reincarnation of the Superman story--and you've painted her in such a way that lives down to my expectations of her.

Using her to push Lois into realizing her true feelings --- Wonderful!!!! But five parts!!! Can I wait that long to see where you take this? Just hurry!!!

Barb.
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 04:18 AM
Annie

WOW! An excellent premise! razz razz
Poor Lois! I hope she intends to fight. jump

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Happy birthday, Sarah! party
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Tricia cool
Posted By: Meredith Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 05:31 AM
Annie, this is lovely! First Lois, haunting Clark's apartment while trying desperately to pretend there's nothing between them... and boy, I could feel my blood pressure rise when he stroked her leg! laugh

Then Lana crashes the party and wrecks everything. You know, Clark must have heard that sotto voce swipe of hers - I'd just love to know what he's up to. He's not stringing Lana along to make Lois jealous, by any remote chance? Not that the cow doesn't deserve it, mind you!

And then that jaw-dropping phone conversation - wow, you don't pull any punches getting Lois (and us) to loathe her, do you? goofy What a pity Clark wasn't around to hear it! But poor Lois... what can she do (strictly from the goodness of her heart, for a friend laugh ) to get Clark free of those claws? I'm really looking forward to finding out!

More soon, please!!! smile

Mere

P.S. Nearly forgot to say... sending Jimmy in to charm Lana away from Clark, now *there's* a spiffing idea if I've ever heard one! rotflol
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 06:01 AM
Yay, you've started posting! smile I love this premise -- nothing like having something taken away to make you realize how much it means to you wink And Lana is quite the witch, isn't she? Clearly, Lois will have to come to the rescue <g>

PJ
Posted By: RetroRose Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 08:39 AM
Annie, Great premise for a story and well written!! smile1 )
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 08:53 AM
Interesting premise.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take Lois' jealousy and what form her 'fighting back' will take. Will Lois try to undermine Lana's attempts or will she take a frontal approach and go after Clark herself.

Can even the naive lunkhead himself be this stupid? To not realise exactly who and what Lana is? The revelation of Clark's true feelings will be fun to see.

Tank (who thinks Lois should take a full frontal attack approach and the first thing she needs to do would be... get a haircut, of course wink )
Posted By: stopquitdont Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 09:48 AM
This is going to be fun to read! cool Glad you're posting often. I don't think I could wait it out otherwise. wink Great so far. And I love the section titles! laugh
Posted By: Trenna Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 10:48 AM
Great idea to have Lana show up in our Clark's universe and she is so evil it will be a pleasure to hate her.

If I didn't know how Clark really feels, I'd be really worried wink
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 12:31 PM
Rotflmao! I say send Lana over to Lord Kal el from Long Strange Trip. That aught to teach her<g> Laura
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 02:56 PM
Hi,

Great piece. drool
Posted By: Becki Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 05:23 PM
Annie,
I'm really enjoying this story smile1
who decided it was probably time to come out of her several month long lurkdom =)
Posted By: doublel Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 06:16 PM
ooooo cat fight cat

Oh wait, maybe Cat needs to interview Lana somehow, and finally be on Lois' side.

Wake up Lois, and don't let Lana walk away with Clark.

Cool story

doublel
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 08:01 PM
Interesting story I liked the play on the Lana Lang angle and I also like the fact that Lois was looking out for Clark against that self absorbed bimbo. She is honestly so presumptious in thinking that just because Clark hasn't dated much since she dumped him that he'd be her doormat and wait for her all these years. Hmm...something tells me that Lois should make a play for Clark and see how Lana likes it!
Posted By: Quel Lane Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/14/03 09:08 PM
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!!!!!! clap I'm hating Lana mad and praying for Clark. I hope he won't fall for her blonde spell and that Lois can win the the prize laugh

/me shoots at Lana and shakes Lois into action laugh

Can't wait for the next part.

Raquel smile
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/15/03 04:09 AM
I've known you were working on this, and been dying to see it... and now I have (well, the beginning at least), and it's great! help
Posted By: klairl Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/15/03 05:33 AM
Annie! Wow! razz
Great start, Annie! Happy Birthday to Sarah, and thanks to both of you, claire
Posted By: KathyM Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/15/03 08:13 AM
Well, since I'm late to the comment parade yet again, grumble and I think everyone has probably quoted all of my favourite parts already, I'll just tell you that I really enjoyed this first section, Annie, and I'm looking forward to reading the next.

And Lana... mad mad mad Well, I'm ready with all the others to just reach into the depths of my computer screen and wring that scrawny bleached blonde's neck!!! Clark may be Superman, but he's not seeing clearly right now. [Linked Image]

Like Tank, I haven't decided whether Lois is going to go full frontal attack or the undermining route - I can see great adventures either way. So I'm just looking forward to reading, and I'm so glad that we know that Clark loves Lois, no matter what Lana may think.

And Happy Birthday, Sarah! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
KathyM
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/15/03 11:29 AM
Your Lana is so awful, that it is difficult to believe that Clark was ever attracted to her.

However, I do hope that Lois understands that if you play fair with people like Lana, you loose straight away, for she doesn't even know that there are rules. So I suggest that she forgets to tell Clark Lana's message!

What if Lois decides to *save* Clark from Lana by showing him that she is attracted to him and they could date in order to find out if they can have a serious realtionship? Lois only aims this be temporary, but with smoochies Clark can convince him otherwise.
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/15/03 11:56 AM
Mere has a point. Clark must have heard that sotto voce remark that Lana made to Lana. And Gabriele has a point, too: how could Clark have possibly been attracted to such a witch? Of course, there's the possibility that Lana's entire story is so much marsh gas... goofy

I admit to being a little ambivalent. Writing CPOV has forever ruined anti-Lana stories for me. OTOH, this looks like it's going to be a fun ride. I think I'll stick around. smile

So let's get MORE!

Hazel
Posted By: merry Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/15/03 01:24 PM
Annie
sorry I'm late commenting
great premise
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH
merry
Posted By: Blayne Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/15/03 07:40 PM
Great story so far! I'm loving it!
I know everyone has said this already, but you make Lana so evil !
Lois wasn’t sure what irritated her more – Lana’s ingratiating voice or Clark’s insipid smile.
Stupid Clark! Mean Lana! Poor Lois!
“I always have time for an old friend,” Clark said with a smile.
Didn't Lana get the hint then that Clark and her were just FRIENDS now! Nothing more! Lois needs to get up there and tell Clark how she really feels about him before he becomes even more stupid and decides to fall for Lana's mischevious plans!
Lois looked up from her musing to see Jimmy’s excited smile. “Hi, Jimmy. What’s up?”

“Not much. I was just wondering...who was that hot chick with Clark?”
This line portrays Jimmy perfectly! It sounds just like something he'd say! I love it!

“Well, he’s definitely not rich, which is a problem of course. But he’s handsome, successful, and the type of guy that will let me stay home but won’t expect me to be his slave ... well, he’s my best prospect and I’m just going to have to settle for that. He seems to be pretty well established at his job even though he hasn’t been here that long. Maybe I can convince him to go into broadcast news once we’re married, he could make more money doing that. He’s certainly good looking enough...oh, yeah, you should see him. He’s even more gorgeous than I remember. He’s shed all those Smallville hick qualities that made me cringe, and he’s just incredible. I’ll tell you, that part of the marriage won’t be a sacrifice.”
OOOoo! /me slaps Lana upside the head and tells her what me really thinks of her!!!

Anyways great story Annie! Can't read the next part... even though I'm wishing it was already up! *impatiently sighs*
Posted By: AnnieM Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/15/03 09:18 PM
Wow, thank y'all so much for your incredible feedback. I never expected this sort of response and I'm thrilled that everyone seems to be enjoying it.

Opinion on Lana seem to be unanimous:

Ahhh, Lois lock that no-good, unemployed blonde in the supply closet and throw away the key!!!

I think you did an excellent job portraying the absolute evilness of Lana... okay maybe not absolute evilness, but I really don't like her.

I've never liked the concept of Lana in every reincarnation of the Superman story--and you've painted her in such a way that lives down to my expectations of her.
I have to admit that I wrote this story because I hate Lana and wanted everyone else to hate her too. <G>

As for what Lois will do to fight her, well, tune in next time. smile

There is one more thing I wanted to address though - I've heard from a number of people that they assume that Clark heard what Lana said to Lois in the opening scene. I've got back and tweaked that scene a little bit so that it's clearer that he is oblivious. But I just wanted to clarify for the sake of this story that I'm going at this with the assumption that Clark is no more observant than any other typical American male - unless he has a reason to use his superpowers.

Thanks again, everyone!

Annie
Posted By: Meerkat Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 1/5 - 06/16/03 10:01 AM
Thank you, twin! And happy birthday to you, too! Sorry I didn't respond earlier, was away on a kayak for my birthday, and I don't have Internet access at my new apartment for another week. Will respond with real comments as soon as I possibly can! (Am responding from work.)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards