Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awww... Poor Alt Clark. Juvie, huh?

Bill Smith doesn't quite have the same ring as Clark Kent, eh?

So does that mean our Clark has an IQ of 180, too? I've always figured he would have to fake IQ tests to make it seem lower so as not to make himself standout. People know about folks with IQ's of over 200.

Good for Clark!!:

The next morning, when Martha woke up, she found the barn and house painted, the tractor running, and the fence fixed. It was the least Clark could do, he figured, for the women who would have raised him as her son if she could have.
So who is this guy with wearing the duster:

Ahead, a blond head bobbed. The woman suddenly broke into a swift, silent run. Blond hair cut short, ankle-length leather duster ...
Illyria sure didn't like him...

Everybody's gone?

She tossed him into a wall; he hit with a satisfying crunch. "No one is of significance. All I care about are gone. And this world itself will be gone and I shall reign again when I find a Key."
I'd forgotten that Wesley died. I guess Gun died, too, unless some white lighter from Charmed showed up. We know Spike made it. What about Angel? Surely he's still around?

Where is that key, anyway? I don't remember what happened to Dawn on Buffy. Didn't she become a slayer, too? Oh, that might be scary - the key as a slayer....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Nice to see this continuing so fast - like it that this world's version of Clark isn't identical to the L&C one, which of course helps to explain why he hasn't appeared as Superman yet.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Do we have an actual IQ mentiond for Clark anywhere? I don't think it's been discussed in the show -- at least, not in the episodes I've seen, which is not all of them. I always assumed he'd score at the very highest levels. (Be interesting to see what Lois' reaction would be if she found out he had a much higher IQ than she does!)

As far as the name goes ... I dunno. It seemed like a good idea to have a different name for him. But Superman *IS* Clark Kent. Reactions? It's an easy enough edit.

Leva

Originally posted by Classicalla:
Awww... Poor Alt Clark. Juvie, huh?

Bill Smith doesn't quite have the same ring as Clark Kent, eh?

So does that mean our Clark has an IQ of 180, too? I've always figured he would have to fake IQ tests to make it seem lower so as not to make himself standout. People know about folks with IQ's of over 200.

Good for Clark!!:

The next morning, when Martha woke up, she found the barn and house painted, the tractor running, and the fence fixed. It was the least Clark could do, he figured, for the women who would have raised him as her son if she could have.
So who is this guy with wearing the duster:

Ahead, a blond head bobbed. The woman suddenly broke into a swift, silent run. Blond hair cut short, ankle-length leather duster ...
Illyria sure didn't like him...

Everybody's gone?

She tossed him into a wall; he hit with a satisfying crunch. "No one is of significance. All I care about are gone. And this world itself will be gone and I shall reign again when I find a Key."
I'd forgotten that Wesley died. I guess Gun died, too, unless some white lighter from Charmed showed up. We know Spike made it. What about Angel? Surely he's still around?

Where is that key, anyway? I don't remember what happened to Dawn on Buffy. Didn't she become a slayer, too? Oh, that might be scary - the key as a slayer....

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As to the name, Bill Smith, - his middle name is Clark. Leave it. After all, if he was raised by someone else, it makes sense that his name would be different. That doesn't change who he is.

I don't think there was ever an IQ or anything about him being really smart ever mentioned on the show - other than him being able to speak lots of languages and order food in even more languages.

The comics have (you know how often they change, though) have said that he was a 4.0 student and very smart.

That's one thing I don't like about Smallville - Clark should be excelling in school. All Clark's should excel in school. Anyone who has a photographic memory and can read that fast should do well in school. Maybe the Smallville Clark doesn't know that yet.... (And off topic, doesn't Tom Welling just have the prettiest blue eyes you've ever seen?)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just noticed this one.

Havn't read any of it yet, but I like Buffy(even though I have only seen 5 episodes and most of my information comes from ficdom) and am looking forward to seeing your take on things.

I especially like the length of your posts. Very nice!

EDIT
Ok, read part 1.

Oh, I so much want to see a story where Lois suddenly realizes that she has been changed or potentialized! And the interaction with Faith would be interesting to read.

Love the story so far.

As to the other stories collecting dust, I'd be interested in seeing them. You are a good plot writer, even though you could use a little more descriptive filler to indicate the surroundings, though your description of the elevator was spot on!

Read part 2

Nicely paced story. Wow!
Only found one error.
"It would have been nice to have someone like that on your side when you were fighting Glory, Lois." Lois pointed out, with some optimism in her voice.
I think that you meant to say ...you were fighting Glory, Buffy." Lois pointed out...

Read part 3

Can't seem to put this one down. Wow, Bill had a tough life. Why do I get the feeling that Bill is in Metropolis, right under everyone's noses?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I'd assumed he would test with a very high IQ because of the command of multiple languages (and Chinese isn't easy), his apparent photographic memory, his writing skills, and a few other things. *Shrug* Wasn't sure if it had been mentioned in the show.

Now I'm getting bugged by an idea about Clark and Lois needing to join a very elite Mensa-like group to investivate a story undercover. Clark gets in, Lois doesn't. *Wow* would that piss her off which would, of course, lead to the beta plot conflict in the story ... smile (Alpha plot conflict being a McGuffin involving murders of renowned scientists or something like that.)

But I don't have time to do another fic! *sob* This one's killing me as it is -- somebody needs to invent a 36 hour day.

As to the name, Bill Smith, - his middle name is Clark. Leave it. After all, if he was raised by someone else, it makes sense that his name would be different. That doesn't change who he is.

I don't think there was ever an IQ or anything about him being really smart ever mentioned on the show - other than him being able to speak lots of languages and order food in even more languages.

The comics have (you know how often they change, though) have said that he was a 4.0 student and very smart.

That's one thing I don't like about Smallville - Clark should be excelling in school. All Clark's should excel in school. Anyone who has a photographic memory and can read that fast should do well in school. Maybe the Smallville Clark doesn't know that yet.... (And off topic, doesn't Tom Welling just have the prettiest blue eyes you've ever seen?)

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I actually have not seen more than a scattering of episodes of Smallville -- though it's next in my Netflix queue after Lois and Clark so that will change in the near future. I originally, very deliberately, did NOT get involved in Smallville because I watched the pilot and figured the show was doomed to fail. The sets sucked, the pilot's plot wasn't very good, and if I recall correctly it was in a very bad timeslot. I think my exact forecast was "thirteen episodes and it'll die an unlamented death." I should dig up that blog post just for kicks. *LOL*

So much for my psychic abilities. *LOL* Now that it's up to several seasons I suppose I should watch it ...

Wellings is rather yummy -- he might be the reason the show survived. wink

Leva

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This story is BRILLIANT...... and so am I......

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Actually you usually can't really see how pretty Tom Welling's eyes are in the show. It has to be a really good close up. You can see them better with a really good pic.

Oh, I think the Mensa idea is absolutely great. Hilarious! If you don't have the time to write it, then someone should. I'd volunteer, but if I wrote it it would be a while...

Actually Smallville isn't a bad show. Just think what might have happened if LnC had been a cable show. It would have been on for many more years....

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Re: Mensa fanfic ...

It will be awhile before I can get to that one, unfortunately. I just don't have time to indulge myself in writing fanfic on a regular basis. I've got too many other obligations.

I really shouldn't be writing Shades of Heroes as it is ... oh, well. smile

Actually you usually can't really see how pretty Tom Welling's eyes are in the show. It has to be a really good close up. You can see them better with a really good pic.

Oh, I think the Mensa idea is absolutely great. Hilarious! If you don't have the time to write it, then someone should. I'd volunteer, but if I wrote it it would be a while...

Actually Smallville isn't a bad show. Just think what might have happened if LnC had been a cable show. It would have been on for many more years....

Features Writer
Features Writer
I added this fic to my reading list. I'm intrigued by the Mensa idea too. It sounds like it could be really fun.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey, LMouse. You said you hadn't seen many Smallville episodes. You might be interested to know that James Marsters (Spike) sans British accent was in some of the episodes during the last season of Smallville. He was a.. uh.. bad Kryptonian thing. Heck if I know what he was supposed to be. He was a follower or thing of Zod's.

Sorry if I've already mentioned that. Before I saw him on Smallville, I'd of sworn he was really British, but I read a couple of articles about his appearances on Smallville and he isn't British.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard