Print Thread
#31276 08/02/06 01:27 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved this, Nancy. There are so many things here that I adore, such as this paragraph to start with:

Lois Lane Kent loved being a mom. She reveled in it. Before she married Clark, she would never have thought she would love kids so much and she certainly never imagined wanting so many kids.
I love it that Lois loves motherhood! But I do believe that she loves it because she's had all those kids with Clark. Having kids with someone else wouldn't be the same at all to her, I think.

But here I think you made a mistake:
Two days ago she gave birth for the fifth time which meant the Kents now had six children.
If Lois has given birth five times, they must have seven children. Zared is not Lois's son, and she and Clark have twin girls. Or do you count the twins as giving birth twice? Of course she did have them one at a time, and therefore she gave birth twice, but Lois "only" went through one pregnancy with them.

This is really sweet:
Clark wanted one of their kids to be named Lois
She watched as Clark held their daughter and cooed at her.
Awww! *adores*

Okay, so the baby will be named Lois, but what other name should she be given? You had me laugh with all those silly suggestions:

Lois Lucy or Lucy Lois
razz

Lois Bernette
razz

Or how about naming her Lana? Lois Lana? Lana Lois? (Where's the "I must throw up" icon?)
"How about Ellen?"
Lois Ellen? Ellen Lois? razz

How about Gwendolyn, Glenda, Wilhelmina, Wisteria?"
goofy

He just shook his head and said, "How about Lois Brook?" He cocked his head and got 'that' look. "I gotta go, honey."
Hah!!!! Lovely! Lois Brook, after her mother, babbling like a brook!!! And Lois doesn't get the joke, so she does, offically, name her daughter "Lois Brook"! rotflol

Okay, Clark comes back, being an adorable husband again:
He walked in Lois' room and said, "Hey, beautiful wife." He bent over and kissed her on the forehead.
And this - oh, wow:

"You didn't happen to bring the jeep did you? I can go home any time. I've signed my discharge papers and Brook is ready to go. I'm almost ready."

"Brook? Brooook?"

"Yes. I'm glad we finally agreed on a name. I like it. Lois Brook. That's a good name."
I'd love to put an emoticon here, but I think I've used up my quota already, so - bwahahahaaaa!!!!

She was looking in the mirror putting on make-up and she didn't see the complete look of shock on his face. He thought to himself that the name Lois Brook had been a joke - as in his Lois babbled... like a brook. Babbling brook.
And Lois had just officially named their child Lois Brook. She evidently hadn't gotten the joke. He wasn't about to tell her, either. She'd kill him. Lois' wrath could be almost as bad as a kryptonite exposure.
And I completely love this! So funny, and so sweet!!!!

And this, too, is completely irresistible:
Lois was done with her make-up and reached for their daughter. "Isn't Brook beautiful, Clark. Yes, I believe she does look like my baby pictures. Take some of this stuff out to the car, okay."

"Yes, Brook... is beautiful. Just like her, mother." He swallowed hard and picked up several bunches of flowers. He had to walk out quickly before he burst out laughing. He was going to have to remember to never refer to Lois as a babbling brook ever again.
I love it that he almost can't keep himself from laughing in front of Lois!!!

But then, two years later, unfortunately, Clark gives his secret away:
He leaned over and kissed her cheek. "Lois, I love it when you babble. My own babbling brook...." He murmured against her hair. "We've been here long enough and nothing has happened. Let's go home."

Lois yelled, "Why Clark Jerome Kent, I should kill you! I'm going to kill you!!"

"Why?" He ducked as she threw her purse at him.

"Babbling brook? How could you? Why didn't you tell me? Claaarrkk!!"
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

But, uh, I wonder if you could enlighten me about this:
"Oh, and here, Clark. I didn't want to forget about you." She handed him a box of Ho-Ho's.
Ho-Ho's????

All in all, a delightful story. I totally adore the humour and the warmth in it. It was so great to see Lois and Clark together in it. And - okay. Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I can't resist it (and I think you know what's coming, Nancy): I love seeing Lois in this story, and I miss her so badly in the stories you tell where she is dead.

Ann

#31277 08/02/06 01:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ha ha! Great fun story! What a nice way to start off my morning.

I am one of the biggest fans of Lois' babble-speak. I usually try to get at least one episode in on a story I'm doing (and I used to have it as my tagline... the one where Clark tells her she's a babbling brook... hmm, maybe it's time to go back to that one?)

Thanks for sharing! laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#31278 08/02/06 02:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ho-Ho's are a chocolate cake thingy - very rich and gooey - just like Clark likes.

I figure if Lois pushed out two kids when she gave birth to twins then she gave birth twice. But yes, it would only be her fourth pregnancy. I guess you could say it either way, though. Medically you would say that she had been pregnant four times and delivered five children.

I'm wondering.. Did anyone get the Wisteria play on words?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#31279 08/02/06 02:29 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wisteria? Nope. Reminds me of hysteria, but nothing else. Enlighten me, please!

Ann

#31280 08/02/06 02:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The Desperate Housewives (as in the show Teri Hatcher is in) live on Wisteria Lane.

#31281 08/02/06 03:51 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I'm wondering.. Did anyone get the Wisteria play on words?
Yes, but after groaning it was too painful to think about.

Framework4
#31282 08/02/06 06:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois' reaction — two years later, when Clark finally relaxed his guard — was priceless! *loves*

It also made me laugh out loud because my 11-year-old niece, Kaitlin Brooke, is a total mini-Lois when it comes to babbling. Before reading this, I'd never realized the inherent pun there.

Thanks so much for sharing this adorable story with us! clap

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
#31283 08/02/06 07:42 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
"You didn't happen to bring the jeep did you? I can go home any time. I've signed my discharge papers and Brook is ready to go. I'm almost ready."

"Brook? Brooook?"

"Yes. I'm glad we finally agreed on a name. I like it. Lois Brook. That's a good name."
LOL. So funny! rotflol

I liked this vignette. That was nice to see again Lois' character, since she isn't in the New Hero.

Good job.

#31284 08/02/06 01:06 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Haha! Cute and funny.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#31285 08/02/06 02:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting. thumbsup

Two days ago she gave birth for the fifth time which meant the Kents now had six children.
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#31286 08/02/06 02:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for everyone's comments. Hey, Framework4, I don't even watch Desperate Housewives - I haven't even seen one episode, but I just couldn't resist....

jump

#31287 09/24/06 04:36 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nancy,

Just read the story. it's hylarious! lol

I wonder if Brook will actually become the genuine article when she starts talking. laugh

MDL angel-devil

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#31288 09/24/06 09:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She's pretty darn close in 'A New Hero'. As close as she can be for a nine year old!!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard