Print Thread
#30831 07/08/06 08:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your story is rather confusing. I am assuming that the person looking at the picture of Lois is Kal-El and he is still on Krypton? Who is the CK that has Lois on earth and is cruel to her? Obviously, in another universe. Is there no Lois on earth in his universe?

At first I thought it was H G Wells he was meeting, but at the end it sounded like Tempus.

Is this a universe Krypton was not destroyed and Kal-El never left and if so, who is the CK on earth that has Lois and why does he think Lois is a Kryptonian and if she is how could an earth man hurt her?

I actually like alternate universe stories and also those that have Krypton in them, are you going to expand on the story and explain, I hope?

#30832 07/08/06 08:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Queen of Capes:

Tell me if I'm way off but I was lead to believe by your story that Tempus had traveled into another universe to get a different Clark, not *our Clark* at all (raised differently, etc...), and bring him back to Lois & Clark's universe to split them up. It seemed like in this alt-universe that maybe the Krptonians had come to Earth and taken over it... At first I thought maybe this other Clark was on New Krypton but then he used his vision to look through walls, and talked about the native wood and plaster structures, so I decided it must be Earth.

I thought Tempus must have lied to this other Clark and told him that Lois was from Krypton instead of Clark being from Krypton. Something along those lines...

Maybe we do need a further explanation. But very interesting idea, anyway, I would love to see you explore it further. If I'm right, how will this "other Clark" react when finds out that *he* is *Clark* in the other universe and that Lois isn't a Kryptonian.

Very interesting...oh and yes, at first I thought the time traveler was H.G. Wells also, until the laugh at the end and "God, I love..." Irony, right? :-)

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#30833 07/08/06 11:06 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
It was very intriguing, but I must say I was a little confused indeed. Though after reading MetroRhodes' thoughts, everything makes perfect sense smile

"God, I love..." Irony, right?
Duh! Didn't even cross my mind.

It's a story for smart readers, and unfortunately, I'm not one blush It has the potential to become a great epic, if you decide to expand it. Though I'd understand if you don't (/me loves these teaser one-parters as well *g*).

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#30834 07/08/06 10:12 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the comments were intriguing, so I had to read the story. laugh

Here's what I got:

A future Earth seems to have become a Kryptonian new frontier and settled by Kryptonians. One of these is visited by Tempus, who tells him a whole bunch of lies about how some poor Kryptonian girl called Lois is being held prisoner and in need of rescue.

Presumably the Lois of the past that he goes back to save is nothing of the sort and living a perfectly happy life with her Clark Kent. Tempus is up to his usual mischief, throwing the cat among the pigeons.

Presumably, too, our future Kryptonian is a descendant of our Clark, although if he is, he must go by another name and not know his family history - otherwise he'd recognise the name Clark Kent instantly.

Yup...intriguing.

You have to continue this, Mary. <G>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#30835 07/09/06 02:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey LabRat -

You know I also had kind of thought the same thing. That maybe it wasn't Clark, and was another Kryptonian. And maybe it was Earth from the future.

But then Tempus said "Hurry, the alterations I made to the time machine won't last long." So I decided Tempus must not have only time traveled but also had probably gone to an alt-universe.

And if he had gone to an alt-universe, it could very well be *Clark* that he had gotten...or maybe better explained that he had gotten Kal-El, because it seemed like Clark hadn't been raised as a human, but instead was a Krptonian living on Earth. Again, obviously he was on Earth, since he had the ability to look through the walls in his house.

The reason I thought the man was perhaps still *Clark* is because of the immediate attraction he felt to Lois from her picture - the whole soulmate thing.

Anyway, I just wanted to add that additional take on it.

Do you see how many commments and questions you'd aroused on this story? You just have to continue it. wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#30836 07/16/06 02:47 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, please do continue. It's quite intriguing. I also wonder which of the previous commenters is correct.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#30837 07/17/06 09:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Surely you intend on telling us what happens next aren't you?

How did *he* (Kal-El, I assume?) get Lois' picture?

More please! smile1

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#30838 07/24/06 08:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oy. I'm so sorry for taking so long to reply! dizzy

Epic, you say? Hmm... I hadn't planned on stretching it that far, but, you know, it could be fun...

I'll probably have to tweak the beginning so it makes more sense, but you guys were amazingly perceptive as it is. smile

MetroRhodes gets the points for being the first to hit the nail on the head. And Anna, you seem plenty smart to me!

As for continuing it...There are quite a few projects I've been meaning to work on, including one half-baked idea that recently got put back on the back-burner, but I guess I could/should take a shot at it. It's nice to know there's some interest, at the very least. smile

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard