Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
This is Story 1 - 16 chapters. I'm working on Story 2, but progress is slow.

Many thanks to KathyB for being such a great BR.

Rating - G

Many of the characters are not mine. The title is taken from a well-known line in Series 1.

Story is AU.

Corrina.

Last edited by Female Hawk; 05/18/24 08:56 AM.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, I have so many questions. Like why Lois wants to (sorta) find Jack. Why Clark didn't leave Smallville, though I'm thinking the reason is sad frown
Looking forward to more.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Corrina!

I can't believe that I'm seeing you back at posting hyper

I promise to get to it. Right now I'm totally swamped and backlogged but I really do need to spread that FDK around so... Yay!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
So good to see you back in the boards. Really missed your stories. This is a very intriguing start. Who is Jack and why is Lois looking for him? What happened to her career? So many questions.

I love how she instantly feels comfortable around Clark, so much so that she falls asleep in his arms.

Looking forward to the next part.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome back to the boards. It has been a number of years since your name appeared here.

Now on to the comments:

“That’s our farmhouse,” he said. “My mother’s kitchen is behind the left window. She will have seen you stop here. If I don’t take you in for a drink and something to eat, she is going to be really annoyed with me. I’m surprised she isn’t already charging down the hill to find out what is taking so long.”

Farmhouse - Check
Clark - Check
Martha - Check

I do not see or have read any mention of Jonathan Kent. Where is he?

Is this the young street-wise Jack that we all know and love? Since this is an AU story that might not be the case. Is he hiding out in the middle of Kansas for a serious reason or is he part of a story that Lois is working on in order to redeem her career? Lots of questions.

“It’s home,” Clark said.

“But?” Lois persisted.

“There’s a big world out there.”

Would he move if he could? Would he take the opportunity to experience something different? Did he want to? If he did, what was holding him here?

Much of the story rests on these lines. I have no doubt this fic is going to be epic.

Again, welcome back.

Last edited by Morgana; 05/18/24 03:09 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, enjoyed reading your stories many years ago and now you're back! Can already tell I'm really going to love this one as I have so many questions going through my head right now!

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
As others have said - I have so many questions and I look forward to finding out the answers. Love your stories. The ending there was so sweet.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Ditto what everyone else has said. I have questions which I’m sure will be answered as the story unfolds.

The story is off to an intriguing start. Lois falling asleep in Clark’s arms was sweet. I can’t wait for the next chapter! I love it already. Thank you!!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the feedback!!

Blueowl - Chapter 1 - set up questions. Rest of story - answer them (hopefully)!

Michael - Not sure I can believe it either, Michael. It's been a long time.

Bakasi - Yes, in this AU, Lois does feel comfortable around Clark. Not too much angst.

Morgana - I must be out of practice. I completely forgot about Jack. No, this Jack is not that Jack.

Superjan - Thanks for such a positive reaction, Jan.

Amanda - Hopefully the answers start in Chapter 2. But some will take time.

Songbird - Next chapter is up. All 16 chapters are written and BRed so there shouldn't be too many delays in posting.

Corrina.

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
WOW! A new Female Hawk fic. You don't know, since you were already gone when I joined the fandom, but you wrote osme of my alltime favorite fics, so I was super-excited when seeing you're back on Lc fics.

And the new on ealready looks very promissing. As per usual with your fics, there is a lot of mystery going on already. So, we're not getting exposition dumps and instead start off right where the characters are now. Which is intriguing. There are, as the others said, so many questions on what's going on with Lois. Why is this Jack (my first thought was also THAT JAck but I guess not), whom she apparently never met, is so important to her/why wants she to meet him? What hapened that essentially destroyed her journalism carreer? Why is she a lot more, ah, open to Clark's presence and less full of prejudices against rural people? What does Clark know about Jack that makes him uncomfortable? And speaking of Clark, what's going on on his end of the story? Why is he still around on the farm despite him clearly feeling a desire to explore the world? I assume it it somehow related to the apparent absence of Jonathan (dead?). So much stuff to look forward. And of course Martha is a keeper as we know her.
I'm excited and will definitely stick around for this one since I never regretted reading any of your fics. Now I'm going on to the next installment.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
BlindPassenger Thanks for your lovely feedback. You asked six questions - four will be answered directly, two should become clearer, even if a little less directly. Thanks for reading!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard