Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi FoLCs!

Adoration for the universe created by Mary and birthday wishes go here smile1

Part 1 / TOC

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ahhh! I found Mary's stories a while back on AO3 and kinda have a little soft spot in my heart for this series. It's fun! You have to kinda bend your mind a bit to get them in those...roles. goofy But then it's super fun! So I'm glad there's more!!

(And I'm totally skipping ahead in my queue of FDK due to people because Michael hasn't posted fic in forever!! party )

Lois froze. They had not discussed that aspect on the trip here. Why had they not discussed that aspect? She pressed her teeth together and continued to smile brightly and hoped she wouldn’t need new molars by the time she got back home.

LOL oops!

Her walky-talky squawked something even someone fluent in subway couldn’t make out.

LOL! This line is great!

She got into a really quiet whisper. “An alien that hides amongst the natives after a crash landing.” She looked around and continued in her normal conversational volume. “Everyone has a skeleton in their closet.” She pointed towards a barbecue stand. Huh, must be a new grill. “Just look at that guy in the apron flipping burgers.” Lois paused while she made sure his gaze followed her outstretched finger. “What do you wanna bet that Farmer Joe and his wife are using that spatula for more than flipping burgers?”

I love how you blended this in! And LOL! Oh my . . . poor Clark! LOL!

Martha’s eyes flickered between Lois herself and Clark before an eyebrow rose just a bit. At least Lois thought it did. Maybe it was paranoia. Small towns did that to people. She just didn’t realize it would happen so quickly.

Haha!! I love this whole paragraph!!

“And give it a good slap on both sides!”

LOL omg . . . 🫣

Looking forward to more!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woo!!! Darth-Fic! party

Let me get started by wishing our resident Queen of the Capes the very happiest of birthdays!

Aww, thanks! smile Now lemme see my present! ^_^ *hastily unwraps fic*

Clark might be oblivious to it, but why would such a peaceful little town need more lawmen strutting around the place than they had sitting in front of the Donut Inn at any given day of the week in Metropolis.

Maybe they're just here for a convention?

Clark: There's actually a cop-themed club just up the road. It's how I discovered my interest in handcuffs.

Wha--? Clark, what are you doing in my FDK?

Clark: *shrug* I usually hang out in Darth Michael's FDK, but since he's the author this time around, hanging out in here seemed appropriate.

That wasn’t her style but her boy…toy needed a refresher in how to show proper respect.
It took me three readings to realize that she was very deliberately not calling him her boy*friend*. Love that subtle touch!

After accidentally peeking behind that particular curtain in one of Metropolis’s higher end clubs, she just couldn’t picture Clark dressed like Betty Boop.

Not the mental image we need, but the one we deserve. x__x

“Old times’ sake?” Lois interjected before Clark could ask Sheriff Harris about her handcuffs.
I'm sensing a handcuffs fixation.

Lois: You do remember what kind of AU you're reading about, right?

Lois? What--?

Lois: I followed Clark.

Lois froze. They had not discussed that aspect on the trip here. Why had they not discussed that aspect?

Clark: Not my fault. It was Tea With Ketchup day, and I can't talk with my mouth full.

She needed to get back to her regular self.
Less smiling, more leather?

Her walky-talky squawked something even someone fluent in subway couldn’t make out.
Somebody else already pointed out how clever and entertaining the line is, so I won't comment on it. … Whoops. o__o

“So…you and the sheriff?” Mistress whispered to Clark. “Is it the handcuffs? The uniform?”

I love that she's even Mistress in his head! ^_^

“Lana?” There was a flash of something in Mistress’s eyes. “Dumped? Clark, what secrets haven’t you told me yet?”
Ooh, is this jealousy?

“What do you wanna bet that Farmer Joe and his wife are using that spatula for more than flipping burgers?”

Clark froze as her statement formed a mental picture in his head.
Bahahahahaha!!! Poor Clark! XD

Yep, Mistress did not like it one bit when she stepped into it. She liked it even less when she thought it was his fault that she had stepped in it. It did not matter that he had no control over where she placed her dainty feet. That, she had made clear very early on in their…relationship.

I love this bit so very much! *happy sigh*

Martha’s eyes flickered between Lois herself and Clark before an eyebrow rose just a bit.

I have just *got* to know what Martha's thinking. What *did* Clark tell her, hmmm? wink

She shot a glance at Clark and let tongue dart over her lips. “And give it a good slap on both sides!”

Absolutely glorious!!! XD

Darth, thank you so much for such a wonderful birthday present! When do I get the rest?? laugh

(Hmm, now where...Ah, yes, here they are:)
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, It’s for FDK-FDK smile1

Hi Sara!

Ahhh! I found Mary's stories a while back on AO3 and kinda have a little soft spot in my heart for this series. It's fun! You have to kinda bend your mind a bit to get them in those...roles. But then it's super fun! So I'm glad there's more!!
Oh yes. And I had many an hour of discussion with Mary on how to officially get them into those roles, too. It’s not just mind-bendy, there’s legitimate reasons besides them having fun with it. Now, how and when all those will get revealed, yeah.

And I'm totally skipping ahead in my queue of FDK due to people because Michael hasn't posted fic in forever!!
Eeep! /eyes dead brain sitting in corner/ Hmm… /pokes dead brain with stick/ see that? Go, move!

Originally Posted by Story
LOL! This line is great!
Thanks, I pilfered the idea from How I Met Your Mother.

She got into a really quiet whisper. “An alien that hides amongst the natives after a crash landing.”
I love how you blended this in!
Thanks! Had to keep Mary’s tradition alive, of subtly informing readers that Lois knows.

“What do you wanna bet that Farmer Joe and his wife are using that spatula for more than flipping burgers?”
And LOL! Oh my . . . poor Clark! LOL!
LOIS: Poor Clark? What about me? /hands Clark another glass of vinegar/ Funny, how they season it with green sparklies here… Clark? Clark!

Martha’s eyes flickered between Lois herself and Clark before an eyebrow rose just a bit. At least Lois thought it did. Maybe it was paranoia. Small towns did that to people. She just didn’t realize it would happen so quickly.
Haha!! I love this whole paragraph!!
Thank you!

Looking forward to more!
Oh, looky there, Mary’s posted too!

Hi Mary!
Woo!!! Darth-Fic!
laugh yeah, acting all surprised wink

Maybe they're just here for a convention?
Yes, the County Sherrif Convention of 93!

Clark: There's actually a cop-themed club just up the road. It's how I discovered my interest in handcuffs.

Wha--? Clark, what are you doing in my FDK?

Clark: *shrug* I usually hang out in Darth Michael's FDK, but since he's the author this time around, hanging out in here seemed appropriate.
/waves at Clark/
MISS LANE: Get back here into the story. You did not ask for permission to participate in the FDK. /points at shoes/ Clean. Now.
CLARK: Yes, Mistress.

That wasn’t her style but her boy…toy needed a refresher in how to show proper respect.
It took me three readings to realize that she was very deliberately not calling him her boy*friend*. Love that subtle touch!
/mission accomplished/ Thank you! Also, multiple reads!

Not the mental image we need, but the one we deserve. x__x
evil

I'm sensing a handcuffs fixation.

Lois: You do remember what kind of AU you're reading about, right?

Lois? What--?

Lois: I followed Clark.
rotflol
If all MISS LANEs from *this* universe would kindly return to their assigned story slots? Otherwise, continuing is much more difficult and would involve replacing the main attraction with Cat Grant in Leather and her Jimmeny Cricket.

Clark: Not my fault. It was Tea With Ketchup day, and I can't talk with my mouth full.
Hehehe, Clark! That’s so subversive!

She needed to get back to her regular self.
Less smiling, more leather?
At least, more in control.
LOIS: Hence the leather. Clark is never talking back when his Mistress wears knee-high leather boots.

Somebody else already pointed out how clever and entertaining the line is, so I won't comment on it. … Whoops. o__o
laugh

I love that she's even Mistress in his head! ^_^
Thank you!

Ooh, is this jealousy?
A smidgen?

I have just *got* to know what Martha's thinking. What *did* Clark tell her, hmmm?
Well…what *could* he tell her?

Absolutely glorious!!! XD
Thank you!

When do I get the rest??

(Hmm, now where...Ah, yes, here they are:)
/counts party guests/ I see you did see me mentioning that I hope there won’t be ten of them…

I really need to get back to this one. Past week or two were hard on brain. Plus ficathon catchup. Coincidentally, FDK for your prompts will stretch out a bit.

Thank you both for reading and the lovely FDK. It makes the heart grow that much fonder. /pokes brain again/ Look, Mary posted a video of her Muse. Don't you wanna go and play with her?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is really an odd AU. But it's a fun read, particularly with how the power balance seems to change in Smallville. I'm curious for the next part

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

yeah, ever so slightly! Bug Clark's not being insubordinate. It's just hard to make sure there's no puddles in front of Miss Lane without carrying her the entire time. Which would look suspicious.

I am already mind-working on the next one!

wave Michael

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Hi Michael! wave

Sorry for the delay on this one - I had to go back and read QueenoftheCapes' (delightful) entries in the series that proceeded this one.

This is funny and sassy and the details are densely (wonderfully) packed.

Lois looked around the town square full of cheery Farmer Joes and Janes as the banjo music did its best to evoke a sense of The Waltons’ Day in Town for her.
This is a supreme example of the densely packed comedy. I feel like the banjo music lingers through the rest of the scene.

“What’s the matter, Mistress?”
He's got a really fine line to walk with the rules of Mistress/Miss Lane, doesn't he? lol Love it.

Oh god, had she been daydreaming?
I love that Lois daydreams about corruption. Not awards, not Clark (or someone else), not praise from her editor - just potential criminal activity.

Did he just talk back to her?
rotflol devil Get 'im, Lois.

Quickly, she pasted on a smile and made her way over.
I just keep thinking of the line in the show that talks about Lois feeling territorial. This set of circumstances really ups the ante there!

No, this one was—ugh—genuine.
The Lane anathema. lol But it's really interesting that you highlighted this aversion to a person being genuine here, since she and Clark are both playing roles with one another in this story - both at work and at home (and I don't mean his Super persona, either, which is interesting in this context, too - and makes me wonder if 'oh no, i hear a cry for help' is just always 'red and blue light, sorry, mistress'). It makes me wonder what the 'resolution' of this relationship looks like.

She winked at Lois. “Would you believe that I caught and arrested him every single time?”
OMG, I love her! And the dramatic irony of this - stop, Rachel, you have no idea what you're saying! lol

“Miss Lane and I are completely professional, Rachel,” Clark answered quickly. A bit too quickly for her tastes.
Oh! Is one of them now a professional at this? devil
Actually... are they? If they were both at the club, and Clark was undercover, I wonder if that means one of them was working...?

Always by himself ever since—
Hmm. Plot point, or red herring? Intrested to see if this pops up again.

This line transported me directly to a race on the NYC subway. So funny! rotflol

We need to swap more Clark Tales next time.
Clark Tales TM. What's Lois going to do when NONE of her stories are PG-13?

Is it the handcuffs?
Spit OUT my drink trying not to laugh at this one. Caught me off guard, lol

He had smelled caramel apples and getting one for Mistress should help calm things down. He hoped.
There's really a big crossover between their game and just being in a solid, caring relationship. wink

“Are you jealous?”
Dang, dude, I thought you were trying to mollify the situation! dizzy

What had he been thinking, suggesting that he and his dominating little secret visit his childhood home?
I know we all dig our own graves in life, but it's really reassuring to see a character like this do the same thing. clap

Clark froze as her statement formed a mental picture in his head.
That's a cruel trick to play on Clark! This is, again, such an exponentially more heightened moment because of the given circumstances of this story. Really enjoyable.

He looked into her eyes. Remembered how strict they looked back at him when she watched him drink vinegar with tabasco on the rocks.
This is another fun little twist on their usual relationship, where we frequently see them do this to ground enough other with strength and love.

From the sound of her voice, he knew there would be hell to pay. Later.
This punctuation is EVERYTHING.

“You must be Lois.”
‘Lois’?
Ope! She needs to just start a list at this point. lol

“I don’t know.” He pointed his outstretched hand at Lois. “Ask Miss Lane.”
Point for Clark.

Martha’s eyes flickered between Lois herself and Clark before an eyebrow rose just a bit.
Oh, man. Martha is so good at reading people, but I don't know how she's going to read this! This is even more delicious when you add in Martha's second sight about people.

This while story is such an edgy line to walk - and the humor is really selling it!
And I love that this universe somehow further cements the soul mate thing. In universe, they meet in a newsroom, but if they'd really met in a fetish club, and that lightening hit (for Clark in particular), then... yup, this is what it it would look like! It's a really fun extension of Clark's rolling with all of Lois' plans, no matter what they are. This is what the love of his life is into, so he'll try it out and get on board! lol
I can't wait to see what's in store for them next! wildguy wildguy

Evie

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard