Let me know what you think

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Gahhhhhhhhh loads of feeeeels!! Thank you! I wish my brain was available for more coherent feedback, but it’s not. mecry

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yeah, the stuff in that episode so needed to be addressed with some make up time. So glad you covered it grin

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was almost in tears at the horrible things Clark heard being said about Superman the alien. Loved that Lois would not leave and how she finally helped bring him around! Great little vignette! smile

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks so much for your feedback. Glad you liked it

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Interesting thought that he can’t open jars not because he’s playing weak, but because he’ll crush something.

Great fic! All the feels!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

When KSaraSara posted her nfic challenge about how Clark and Lois would have found out that pasta affects Clark in a certain way,
Still need to read that one… I think?

I always thought that the series just skimmed over this whole Superman has an illegitimate child thing.
Aaaahhh…

And no, I posted this on the right side of the boards, because no matter how much I wanted to push out favorite couple in the direction of the dark side of the boards, they didn’t want to go there.
laugh Lois not in the mood after she learns about Clark’s experiences?

I know how to take a hint.
Unlike Ralph, Max, and Lex.
CLARK: It’s okay to mention Daniel, too.

So here you go with some angst some fluff. Hope you’ll enjoy
Oooh, 6ft bunny with sharp teeth!

Clark would never sire and then abandon a child. But instead of dismissing the accusations…
To be fair, he did leave his first wife in the cradle.

It’s like treating a scraped knee with candy, when I should better tend to the wound.
I’m sure he knows her modus operandi by now.

More candy to smother the pain I saw in his eyes.
Candy-wine did help her mother’s pain over Candi-with-an-I.

”Hey, Kent, do you think he’s ever done it?” Ralph leans back in his chair, a leer on his face that makes my stomach turn.
He should ask Wonder Woman. Hmm…actually… this is after Ultra Woman, isn’t it?

And him having sex with our women? That’s kinda gross!”
Only saying that because it’s Superman. Ralph would be much more amenable when comes to the topic of Ultra Woman.

ULTRA WOMAN: That’s kinda gross, don’t you think? /Points at Ralph/

”So, what about you, Kent?” Ralph doesn’t give up. “Do you think it would be right for him to *screw* our women?”
CLARK: No, Superman going around and screwing random women would not be acceptable behavior.

It takes a moment to calm my suddenly racing heart when I realize that the fluid on Clark’s arm isn’t blood but red wine.
You tease!

The bottle lies broken on the floor.
Clark couldn’t hold his liquor.

“They’re still talking about Superman and whether it’s appropriate for him to engage in intimacy with a human woman,” he mutters. “When I pulled that bottle from the wine rack, the TV in the apartment two floors below mine breached my barriers. That’s when I broke the bottle.”
Maybe he should ask Lois? She’s the expert on the subject.

”No, you don’t understand. I didn’t drop the bottle. It snapped in my hands when I heard…” A
Aaaaaaahhhhhh.

”Remember when you complained that all these years I pretended not to be able to open a jar, even though I’m actually Superman?”

I nod confused, not quite sure what he’s trying to get at. “What has that to do with anything?”

“Well, most of the time it’s not a pretense,” he mumbles. “There are days when I really don’t know how to get these things to open without crushing them like I just did this bottle
I probably shouldn’t laugh about this…

“What are you going to do now?”

He cracks a weak smile and shrugs it off. “Blow off some steam I guess. Don’t worry this isn’t the first time my emotions get the better of me.
The girls at the Mood Club will be delighted to see him again.

It seems so wrong and not just because I’ve never pictured Superman as someone who’d vent his anger in a burst of violence or whatever it is he’s going to do once he’s alone.
Mining. He’s digging mine shafts.

I stifle a gasp as it dawns on me that in the light of most recent discussions he might interpret my desire to wait for our wedding night as a sign that I’m afraid of being intimate with Superman.
Very likely the day will never come.

Coming to think about it, he’s never asked me to leave before.

What would happen if I stayed?
Hmm…

“Let me touch you, let me help you to feel good about yourself and…” My breath catches in my throat as I hear myself say these words and realize all the implications that come with such an offer. “Er, I mean –”
I did keep wondering what Lois was going for there in the long run.

I didn’t come here offering pizza and a movie as a first step to seducing Clark. I haven’t really thought any of this through and now I struggle for something to say that won’t sound like I’m completely opposed to the idea, but -
The coin flip landed on the edge of the coin.

I’m not expecting anything beyond that, Scout’s honor.”
Would probably fly off the balcony ledge if Lois truly implied such an occurrence.

I had just asked him to marry me before this whole disaster happened and I don’t really know how to be a good fiancée.
For starters, no secretive meetings with Ralph in the storage closet.

Does he even feel these things like I do? Is it even possible to kiss the Man of Steel in a way that will make him forget about everything around him? He’s invulnerable after all, except for his tender soul. And how am I supposed to sweep him off his feet when every single man in my past is proof that being passionate is just not in my nature?
/Offers some perfume/

It only fuels my desire to make this the best, most passionate kiss I’m capable of. I want his knees to grow weak and his ears to tune into my heartbeat alone until he forgets that there are other people in the world.
Awww…and I’m still only guessing that Clark’s worried he’ll hurt Lois when he flinches again. Nice touch!

Now, you sit down on your couch and keep your hands to yourself. No touching!”
shock

”Lois.” His sharp intake of breath turns to a low groan from deep within his throat. “What are you doing?”

I grin at him. “What does it look like?”

“You’re killing me here.”

“You’re invulnerable. So suck it up.”
Oooh! She does realize she’s playing with a loaded squirt gun, doesn’t she?

His eyes have darkened. I can feel him adjusting his position in a desperate attempt to hide that my sitting on his lap is beginning to affect him. Frankly, he’s not the only one. Who even cares about pizza?
They’re adorable!

”Thank you, Lois.”

“What for? All I manage is to drive you crazy.”

“And that’s exactly what I needed. Thanks for not letting me leave.”
laugh

A silly smile is on his lips as we part. “I’m about ready for pizza and a movie. What do you say?”

“Don’t you want…?” My throat runs dry and suddenly I feel self-conscious.
:awwww and also rotflol poor dear is still insecure. And horny.

. I’ll wait as long as it takes. Though you might want to consider a change of position if you expect me to stick to that promise.”
But but but…torture!

I wrap my arms around his shoulders and bury my face in the crook of his neck. “I love you.”

“Love you, too.”
Very nicely done! Looking back, you did the whole thing in 1st-P-POV and left Clark’s side slightly ambiguous. Very nicely done, indeed!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard