Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois is looking for more reliable allies. Does that make things better or worse? Let me know what you think

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ack! I was hoping they'd get the kryptonite! whinging

Originally Posted by bakasi
After her last conversation with Clark, she wasn't so sure if he hadn't adopted Mayson's critical view after all.

Sad but appropriate insight whinging

Another good chapter... Really hoping that they get some sort of a break soon and that something turns things in their direction!

Looking forward to the next!

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by SuperBek
Ack! I was hoping they'd get the kryptonite! whinging

That would have been too easy, wouldn't it?

I'm trying to switch to posting daily now that I finally managed to edit this monster.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by bakasi; 10/14/23 11:59 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Lois paced back and forth, eyeing the closed door with mounting frustration. Any other day she might have just stormed in. But she knew she was going to need Henderson on her side if push came to shove. Getting him to meet her here was testing his limits, she knew. There was no way he'd simply shrug off a transgression like this.

Henderson is not going to be happy about meeting Lois at the morgue of all places. He will want to demand to know why there instead of at the bullpen or his office. Lois needs to take a deep breathe and be patient.

But the tension didn’t quite leave her until she saw Henderson open the door. He stepped to the side, waiting until Mayson Drake left the building before following her. The Assistant DA stopped dead in her tracks as she spotted Lois.

Her expression turned into a tight mask of fake indifference that just barely concealed her dislike of Lois. “What are you doing here?

Mayson? Now things are going to get off track! thud

“I’m not.” The inspector frowned. “But Lane knows a lot more about our victim here than I do - about our victims, to be precise. In two days, we have three bodies, and my instinct tells me they’re linked. Lane tells me the same, so I’m listening.”

Mayson huffed again but said no more. Just her eyes narrowed on Henderson, giving a quiet warning that he’d better not jeopardize their case by revealing too much to a journalist.

Henderson listen! Mayson, please be quiet and let Lois explain everything, otherwise the city will suffer.

Mayson bore her eyes into Lois'. "Why don't you let me and Clark decide whether we're right for each other?"

Reading this line made me laugh! Mayson doesn't even have the beginnings of a relationship with Clark. It takes two and Clark ain't that into you Mayson. Maybe Agent Scardino is available?

“No kryptonite,” he announced. “But you were right about the arm having some sort of power source. Whatever it was, though, it’s gone.”

Time to break into S.T.A.R. Labs! She doesn't need anyone's help to do that.

She muttered a goodbye, hoping that the last sentence would keep Mayson away from the Planet for the foreseeable future. But given their streak of bad luck, lately, she wasn’t going to place any bets on it.

Henderson will be helpful, after all, Lois has presented him with a serious mystery and with three unsolved murders on his hands he'll want to take some serious steps to solve it. Mayson will probably go straight to the Daily Planet and demand to see Clark. Oh boy!

Last edited by Morgana; 10/15/23 03:28 PM. Reason: edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard